Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Utd playing like Arsenal, trying to walk ball into net, no shots on goal , though getting plenty ball into box!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Draw with Burnley at home???

#OLEOUT

Milltown Row2

What a game, fair fucks to Burnley that's as good a performance by Utd this season and Burnley were full value for their point! Backs to the wall stuff and Utd need a proper defender or two to get them through games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Gota love Fergie time. 😎

Cunny Funt

I believe that was the 3rd draw in a row for Burnley in Old Trafford and once again 2-0 up and denied a famous win by a injury time goal. United were not good tonight, misfiring forward line that started off with that poor miss by Rashford first half. Lukaku offered nothing and Sanchez was worse when brought on. Mata average at best and Pereria struggled badly and was at fault for the first goal. Defence so poor with the little defending they had to do.  Endless crosses and corners it was like David Moyes was back managing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 30, 2019, 12:20:49 AM
I believe that was the 3rd draw in a row for Burnley in Old Trafford and once again 2-0 up and denied a famous win by a injury time goal. United were not good tonight, misfiring forward line that started off with that poor miss by Rashford first half. Lukaku offered nothing and Sanchez was worse when brought on. Mata average at best and Pereria struggled badly and was at fault for the first goal. Defence so poor with the little defending they had to do.  Endless crosses and corners it was like David Moyes was back managing.

Jesus but it was exciting.. the bubble was going to burst at some point, yes Burnley are not the greatest team but they have managed to get something from their trips to Old Trafford .. things didnt work out through the middle and the link up play wasnt great, so the crosses came in .. Martial was missed and the defending needs sorted out, he's got a day to get a decent old fashion fit defending marshal in to sort things out..

On the free kick that Mata hit, I'm surprised that Pogba and Rashford didnt step up! Also the Burnely keeper pulled off one outstanding save and was in the right place each time for the shots Utd did have on target (wasnt that many in fairness)

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 30, 2019, 09:04:34 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 30, 2019, 12:20:49 AM

Jesus but it was exciting.. the bubble was going to burst at some point, yes Burnley are not the greatest team but they have managed to get something from their trips to Old Trafford .. things didnt work out through the middle and the link up play wasnt great, so the crosses came in .. Martial was missed and the defending needs sorted out, he's got a day to get a decent old fashion fit defending marshal in to sort things out..

On the free kick that Mata hit, I'm surprised that Pogba and Rashford didnt step up! Also the Burnely keeper pulled off one outstanding save and was in the right place each time for the shots Utd did have on target (wasnt that many in fairness)

Who gave Pereria the ball when he made the mistake? It was a stupid pass in the first place. Trying to be too f**king clever. Burnley had 4 players boxing in 2 of Utds and they gave that pass.

Megaman

Utd really need to replace Jones, he is a complete liability.

snoopdog

Jones isnt up to it. Young is useless. Has he ever crossed a ball. Peirera not a the level. Lukaku  performance last night shoild make up oles mind on him. We wont buy anyone this window i wouldnt think. So its soldier on through a really tough february and see where we are come mid march.

Boycey

Yis are a hard lot  ;D

Just enjoy the ride and see where we are in May.

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on January 30, 2019, 10:34:49 AM
Yis are a hard lot  ;D

Just enjoy the ride and see where we are in May.

Exactly Boycey

Burnley are decent PL side and are no mugs.

All Utd fans know the weaknesses at the back so it hasnt gone unnoticed by Ole either, so it will come down to the board to see who they offer the job too.

Rashfords casual finish which missed is part of the problem. First goal always so crucuial in PL games. 8 wins and a draw in 9 who wouldnt have taken that under JM?

Maroon Manc

Great to get the point. If United had won Burnley could have had no complaints. Ole got his team wrong, Pereira not good enough and Rashford has to start at centre forward although Rashford's confidence took a hit after that early miss which meant he tried to do too much. Pogba was average enough too and Lukaku just doesn't move enough; He's got to do a lot more, in fairness since Ole came in he's nowhere near as selfish as he was.

Young had too many poor crosses but there was some great ones in there too. Shaw didn't offer enough from left back, got to improve that part of his game. Lindelof again excellent on the ball and was one of the reasons United kept applying so much pressure to Burnley.

The time wasting from Heaton was joke, should have been booked after the 2nd time he did it. I reckon 2 minutes of injury time were down to him alone.

Got to bounce back against Leicester. Lingard will start and hope Martial is fit too.

magpie seanie

Well summed up. Team selection was wrong and contributed to the performance but United still had enough chances and play to win that game. Obviously in the circumstance a point is great.

FA Cup draw doesn't look as bad today! Hopefully Sarri isn't sacked before then....

Hound

"Real Madrid to bid £100m for Rashford"

Deadline day nonsense from the red tops or is there a possibility it's true?

Presumably United would turn it down anyway.

Boycey

I've not seen that, I think there would be anarchy if such a thing was to be considered  :)

Quietest transfer window all round?