Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 20, 2018, 12:03:32 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 19, 2018, 03:50:15 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 17, 2018, 01:41:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 17, 2018, 01:24:28 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 17, 2018, 12:03:47 PM
Less than 4 weeks now, salivating at the prospect of who's going to finish runners up..
Time to let the other 10 play for the Leinster Intermediate Championship and a big shiny cup. Winners play Dublin in the Senior Final..
Sadly.....

You probably should expand that to an All-Ireland Intermediate. Winners play Dublin in the Senior Final. Because you are all just as shit as the rest of Leinster, we don't pretend any different.

The facts don't back that up though:

2017 Quarter Finalists:
Connacht x 3
Ulster x 3
Leinster x 1
Munster x 1

2016 Quarter Finalists:
Connacht x 2
Ulster x 2
Leinster x 1
Munster x 3

2015 Quarter Finalists:
Connacht x 1
Ulster x 4
Leinster x 2
Munster x 1

So over the past 3 years, you're looking at:

2017 Quarter Finalists:
Connacht x 6
Ulster x 9
Leinster x 4
Munster x 5

Even looking at the league standings for next year:
Connacht: 3 x D1, 1 x D3 & 2 x D4
Ulster: 3 x D1, 3 x D2, 1 x D3 & 1 x D4
Leinster: 1 x D1, 2 x D2, 6 x D3 & 2 x D4
Munster: 1 x D1, 3 x D2 & 2 x D4

Meh! How many All-Ireland's have the other provinces won in the last 6 years? The problem isn't Leinster football, it's Dublin. Put Dublin and all their home games and all their financial resources in any other province and you would all be just as shite. Freakonomics could probably a do a podcast on it.

Leinster is very much like Munster only there are more team and more poor teams in leinster. Dublin and Kerry are well out in front kildare, Meath and on their day westmeath and longford would be similar enough to tipp, cork, Clare. Then you have the rest.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: CumminsCiderLarry on April 20, 2018, 12:22:34 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 20, 2018, 12:09:12 AM
Never mind Dublin.
There are still 4 Qtr Final places through the Qualifiers.

+1 i think Dinny needs to get his hole rather than worrying about dublin all the time. Kildare should be qualifying for last 8 with all their resources. Poaching players from other counties over the last 30 years and trying to buy Declan Browne at it as well. They lads 4 lads who gave up professional sports to play with their county. Did the players get compensated for that?

Ah yes Dublin GAA, where no player ever leaves to play professionally, I wonder why?

Cause and effect! If Dublin were placed in Ulster, would Ulster get stronger or weaker? Personally I believe standards would rise short-term but soon the futility of it all would kick in and Ulster would return to where it came from...
#newbridgeornowhere

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 20, 2018, 03:07:01 PM
Never mind Dublin.

+1 i think Dinny needs to get his hole rather than worrying about dublin all the time. Kildare should be qualifying for last 8 with all their resources. Poaching players from other counties over the last 30 years and trying to buy Declan Browne at it as well. They lads 4 lads who gave up professional sports to play with their county. Did the players get compensated for that?

Ah yes Dublin GAA, where no player ever leaves to play professionally, I wonder why?

Cause and effect! If Dublin were placed in Ulster, would Ulster get stronger or weaker? Personally I believe standards would rise short-term but soon the futility of it all would kick in and Ulster would return to where it came from...

Is that a broken record I hear?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

thejuice

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/sport/gaa/articles/2018/04/20/4155043-meath-players-opt-out-of-/

Sean Tobin, Brian Conlon, Harry Rooney, Barry Dardis and David Toner have all left the Meath panel. Not sure if the latter two featured much this year but the other lads looked promising. Rooney hasn't quite come back to the form he showed before traveling for a year but hopefully he'll get back to it.

A few new faces were given a run out against Laois which we won well enough but it seems like we'll start the championship with a number of lads who didn't see any league action and probably weren't in the squad at all.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Conlon is the biggest loss out of that group for me.
He had the right mix of size and athletic ability and could do a job in defence or around midfield.
Hard to blame them, you're only young once.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

spuds

Quote from: Jinxy on April 25, 2018, 01:39:38 PM
Conlon is the biggest loss out of that group for me.
He had the right mix of size and athletic ability and could do a job in defence or around midfield.
Hard to blame them, you're only young once.

You do not believe in reincarnation?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Cunny Funt

Pearse park must have got the go ahead to host the Longford v Meath quarter final as I see tickets are on sale and tickets are 10 euro cheaper than the Connacht quarter final.

Orchard park

Never mind Dublin.

Dinny

so no Dublin player ever left to try professional sport.........

is that what you are trying to preach..........another ewan mckenna financial doping load of dung.

put it out there if you think you can back it up

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Orchard park on April 25, 2018, 03:31:08 PM
Never mind Dublin.

Dinny

is that what you are trying to preach..........another ewan mckenna financial doping load of dung.

Financial doping in GAA is a reality, dung is denying that.

So how many ex-Dublin players in the AFL, you would think loads considering the production line? How many even trial? Kilkenny went out for two weeks and returned "home sick". The naivety of some posters still amazes. Next you'll be saying Dublin clubs don't look after country lads with accommodation and jobs  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

I see loads of Leinster players dropping off panels, cause and effect.
#newbridgeornowhere

Orchard park

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 25, 2018, 08:11:52 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on April 25, 2018, 03:31:08 PM
Never mind Dublin.

Dinny

Financial doping in GAA is a reality, dung is denying that.

So how many ex-Dublin players in the AFL, you would think loads considering the production line? How many even trial? Kilkenny went out for two weeks and returned "home sick". The naivety of some posters still amazes. Next you'll be saying Dublin clubs don't look after country lads with accommodation and jobs  ::)

Yeah Kilkenny came home after 4 months not 2 weeks... came home to do teacher training,in pats !!!!!! Real financial doping.   Name the minor of the blast 6 years from Dublin who was fit for AFL?.

Shamrock Shore

Final score from a pitch opening in Granard yesterday evening: Longford 3-13 Cavan 0-16

Never read too much onto challenges but a win is a win. Longford were without 5-6 key players (and actually had to finish with 14 as we ran out of subs) so there is some concern about 4 weeks time. Some key players are trying to shake off injuries but there was some satisfaction taken from the way some fringe lads played yesterday.

Looking forward to the Royal Visit. Remember the last time we beat Meath in Leinster???? 1981..........and it was such a shock to Meath that they went off and had a serious review of where they were and decided the only option was to appoint a hurling lad with a fondness for herbs. His name was Sean Boylan.........never heard of him after that!

AZOffaly

Avondhu star

Never mind Dublin.

No excuse but local incompetence for Kildare and  Meath not to be putting up strong competition for Dublin. I have heard of some Lucan lads evenlining out for the Leixlip clubs when Lucan were not playing.
Meath and Kildare have plenty big companies in the county to attract sponsorhip as well as big populations
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Shamrock Shore

Sorry. I'm an idiot!

Longford 3-13
Cavan 0-16