Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Half strangling is a bit watery.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Throw ball

Quote from: ONeill on November 02, 2014, 10:51:47 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 02, 2014, 07:04:43 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on November 02, 2014, 06:10:30 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on November 02, 2014, 06:06:21 PM
Cross unusually got involved in narks stuff today. Normally they can give and take it without effecting their football. Missing some of their more physical players they couldn't. The team out today would give Omagh a fair beating on a dry sod but without O'Callaghan, Garvan Carragher, Aaron and Stephen Kernan and Kyle Carragher for most of the match on a wet day they imploded. Still think they would have held on if the referee had given Clarke the free in with about ten to go instead of booking him. Still makes Geezer's early season politics a lot easier!

I thought Clarke was fouled that time alright. If he'd put one over then they might have got a draw at least.

What did the ref see that time ?. What did Clarke get subsequently get booked for ?. I felt sorry for Clarke that time to be fair - he gets fouled, gets the free given to Omagh, he gives up the ball, an Omagh defender gets him by the throat and then Clarke gets booked !.  :o :o

Fair play to Omagh all the same - they played some stuff. They're flying fit and keep playing to the end.

Clarke yanked McMahon down by the elbow to try and con the ref.

Watched it a couple of times and although I feel that is why the referee give the free against him I do not think he did. Still think it was a free to Clarke. The biggest criticism that Clarke gets among Armagh supporters is that he cannot win frees ala Canavan or McManus. In any case if the referee did book him for this surely it was a black for dragging McMahon to the ground rather than a yellow.

time ticking away

Any possibility that maybe on the day omagh were a better team. It sure looked like it to me anyway
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

orangeman

Quote from: time ticking away on November 03, 2014, 01:53:17 AM
Any possibility that maybe on the day omagh were a better team. It sure looked like it to me anyway

A game of 2 halves. First half Cross looked like they might win it by 10 points. Second half, they scored a point. Ronan O'Neills early goal was crucial. Cross don't often get caught or leave games behind them but they did both yesterday. Well done Omagh for playing some great football and playing to the end.

Applesisapples

Cross unusually got involved in narks stuff today. Normally they can give and take it without effecting their football. Missing some of their more physical players they couldn't. The team out today would give Omagh a fair beating on a dry sod but without O'Callaghan, Garvan Carragher, Aaron and Stephen Kernan and Kyle Carragher for most of the match on a wet day they imploded. Still think they would have held on if the referee had given Clarke the free in with about ten to go instead of booking him. Still makes Geezer's early season politics a lot easier!

I thought Clarke was fouled that time alright. If he'd put one over then they might have got a draw at least.
Not only that but McMahon was on a yellow and should have walked and why did the keen eyed umpire not see the Omagh defender with two hands around Clarkes throat? I'm surprised that the Cross men on here haven't made more of what was a very poor inconsistent display from the referee and his assistants.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ONeill on November 02, 2014, 10:51:47 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 02, 2014, 07:04:43 PM

What did the ref see that time ?. What did Clarke get subsequently get booked for ?. I felt sorry for Clarke that time to be fair - he gets fouled, gets the free given to Omagh, he gives up the ball, an Omagh defender gets him by the throat and then Clarke gets booked !.  :o :o

Fair play to Omagh all the same - they played some stuff. They're flying fit and keep playing to the end.

Clarke yanked McMahon down by the elbow to try and con the ref.
Brian O'Driscoll would have been proud of McMahon's tackle.

aontroim abu

Went to Omagh yesterday, interesting game. Omagh missed 1-4 in the first half, Cross half as much. of the first 6 Omagh kickouts Cross won 5 of them, mainly due to additional palyers impeding and holding McMahon and Grugan in the middle. Cross were involved in far too much off the ball stuff, wanted to get in their opponents faces far too much. if they had concentrated on the ball they would have played Omagh off the pitch.
Met the ref in quinns after the game, his umpire said Kernan punched his marker in the gut and decerved to go. As far as the Clarke fould goes, i asked him, his words - he held the player and fell, free out.

orangeman

Quote from: aontroim abu on November 03, 2014, 10:41:07 AM
Went to Omagh yesterday, interesting game. Omagh missed 1-4 in the first half, Cross half as much. of the first 6 Omagh kickouts Cross won 5 of them, mainly due to additional palyers impeding and holding McMahon and Grugan in the middle. Cross were involved in far too much off the ball stuff, wanted to get in their opponents faces far too much. if they had concentrated on the ball they would have played Omagh off the pitch.
Met the ref in quinns after the game, his umpire said Kernan punched his marker in the gut and decerved to go. As far as the Clarke fould goes, i asked him, his words - he held the player and fell, free out.

Can't beat that for service. From the horse's mouth.

I didn't see what Kernan did but I've watched the Clarke incident back again a few times and I can't see Clarke pulling the player down. Did he say what he then booked him for ?.

aontroim abu

Quote from: orangeman on November 03, 2014, 10:44:54 AM

I didn't see what Kernan did but I've watched the Clarke incident back again a few times and I can't see Clarke pulling the player down. Did he say what he then booked him for ?.

I didnt see the Kernan incident either, nor did the ref as it happened behind his back, but the umpire caught the full incident. TBH Kernan was rally at it the whole match which was a pity as he was outstanding. I didnt ask what he booked him for.

Applesisapples

Quote from: orangeman on November 03, 2014, 10:44:54 AM

There were numerous times during the year where I wanted refs to give a free against forwards for holding, but low and behold 100 times out of 100 the forward got the free. But this ref decided buck the trend, unfortunately he got it spectacularly wrong, seen it over and over Clarke was fouled and this incident changed the match. The ref was inconsistent throughout. It was noticeable on TV as well that there was a fair bit of baiting going on from both sides. Again I ask where were these eagle eyed umpires when Clarke was being strangled. Poor officiating.

Schkite

Great stuff by our lads against Galls yesterday. Some heart in that team, never give up until the final whistle.

Ulster wide open now, every team left will fancy their chances.

Orior

There are some boys on the Cross team that think they are county standard when clearly they are not. Yesterday's result should help that dawning.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

StephenC

Only saw the first bit of the game but was struck by the amount of times that McMahon was fouled coming out with the ball. Think it led to at least one score? Can't comment on the last incident but maybe swings and roundabouts?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on November 03, 2014, 01:19:50 PM
There are some boys on the Cross team that think they are county standard when clearly they are not. Yesterday's result should help that dawning.
I would agree there in part. David McKenna looked slow and ponderous when he came on. It would appear though that the Armagh SFC does Cross no favours.

SuperHo

i was at the game and watched it on sky+ when i got home (sad) .  It was like watching 2 different games cos the tv did not cover a fraction of the pulling dragging pure nonsense that went on.  young meyler in particular came in for a lot of stick.  ref was abysmally inconsistent throughout.  Have seen cross in the flesh on many occasions and that looked nothin like cross as we know them.

it kills me to say it but the achievement of that omagh team is unreal.  fair play to them.  if ye cant beat em dont cry about it try harder!!