drici

Ballymun Kickhams 1-08  St Vincents 1-07

drici

Ballymun Kickhams 1-08  St Vincents 1-07

Both sides down to 14

drici

Ballymun Kickhams 1-08  St Vincents 1-08

rodney trotter

Connolly with a straight red, Philly McMahon second yellow for Bymun.

drici

Ballymun Kickhams 1-08  St Vincents 1-09

drici

At the death

drici

Sin é

Syferus

First of the defending provincial champions to be downed. Will be kicking themselves for not finishing the job in the first game or even when they had a two point lead in this one and Vincent's down to 14 after Connolly let himself down again. Ballymun didn't score a point after that.

Conolly gone for the first round of Leinster now too, straight red.

Sidney

Quote from: Syferus on November 06, 2013, 09:10:50 PM
First of the defending provincial champions to be downed. Will be kicking themselves for not finishing the job in the first game or even when they had a two point lead in this one and Vincent's down to 14 after Connolly let himself down again. Ballymun didn't score a point after that.

Conolly gone for the first round of Leinster now too, straight red.
Brainless and moronic stuff from Connolly. Ballymun led 1-8 to 1-5 (could have been 1-6) at the time of the incident, which happened with about 12 minutes left. He stamped on Philly McMahon's back in full view of the linesman and most of the stand (I saw it clearly from the terrace on the far side) and will surely deservedly miss all of Vincent's Leinster campaign. McMahon then nearly hit a team mate when he saw he was getting a second yellow. I don't know why he got it, either. He should have got one a couple of minutes earlier for a late hit on Tomas Quinn, mind.

Connolly had got as good a point as you'll see in any match a few minutes before his sending-off. Bought and sold both Karl Connolly and the otherwise excellent Sean George and hit it over with his left from 35 metres.

The incident inspired Vincent's and Ballymun never scored again. Quinn got a beauty from play. Kevin Golden who came on as a sub again hit a great free off the ground with his left from out on the wing 30 metres out to level it and Cameron Diamond got the winner as Vincent's ran through a tired midfield and defence.

Vincent's led once in the match but kept playing right to the end and once they got the lead there was no way they'd give it up.

Ballymun's lack of class up front really showed when the pressure was on. Furman was the only thing resembling an outlet they had but was bottled up when they needed him. Dean Rock played but didn't look fit. Even without Connolly, the longer it went on the stronger Vincent's looked. They never let go over the two matches when they were in trouble and timed their run beautifully again tonight.

Bigger crowd tonight than at the drawn match.

rodney trotter

Good report, i'd say they will be fairly lethargic on Sunday for the Leinster Club game with St Lomans. Two tough games in a few days, and then another dog fight in Leinster Club, after the celebrations.

Syferus

Heard something about Rock being injured in the first match and doubtful for this one?

Disappointed for Ballymun, they play a good brand of football and if they'd got out of Dublin I wouldn't have seen anyone stopping them in Leinster at the very least.

Sidney

Quote from: Syferus on November 06, 2013, 11:40:03 PM
Heard something about Rock being injured in the first match and doubtful for this one?

Disappointed for Ballymun, they play a good brand of football and if they'd got out of Dublin I wouldn't have seen anyone stopping them in Leinster at the very least.
I don't know, they rely a lot on killing teams off early and I don't think they have the class up front when the pressure is really on (although Dean Rock wasn't fully fit and Jason Whelan was suspended). Vincent's got scores from play easier over the two matches and played a better brand of football.

drici

Donegal Roinn 2 Promotion Play Off Replay
An Tearmann 1-07  Gleann Fhinne 0-07

Half Time