Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Dublin 1-10  0-08 Down
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

All of a Sludden

Dublin 1-11  0-08 Down

The Trap

Paul Earley is hard to listen to!

All of a Sludden

Dublin 1-13  0-09 Down

theticklemister

down have done a down.

All of a Sludden

Dublin 1-15 0-09 Down FT

BennyCake

Did Down players forget their boots tonight? All they did was fist pass. It was like watching rugby. Woeful display.

yellowcard

Quote from: BennyCake on March 23, 2013, 08:34:28 PM
Did Down players forget their boots tonight? All they did was fist pass. It was like watching rugby. Woeful display.

Down have been playing this way for a few years now. Practically since McCartan took over although it has worsened since Clarke departed. A very cautious possession based game with plenty of bodies behind the ball. It is at odds with how McCartan played the game himself.

Dublin just done enough tonight, poor game of football overall though.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: yellowcard on March 23, 2013, 08:48:03 PM

Down have been playing this way for a few years now. Practically since McCartan took over although it has worsened since Clarke departed. A very cautious possession based game with plenty of bodies behind the ball. It is at odds with how McCartan played the game himself.

It was poor stuff alright, akin to rugby league.  Ever single free DOwn got in the second half seemed to be hit sideways and at one stage I counted 12 Down players, not including Brendan McVeigh, inside their own 45. I know Armagh are poor too but at least thery will have a go at it and kick the bloody thing into the forwards.

heffo

Very young and inexperienced Dublin team.

2 x Players of the year (Brogans), All Star for last two years (Flynn), One of the best Full backs (R O'Carroll), Ciaran Kilkenny + four of the AI winning defence + many more to come back into the panel.

Good nights work.

ardtole

Down were well beat tonight, no real positives at all and to be honest it wasnt unexpected. We simply are not good enough at the minute, we have a few lads out injured but so does every other county. The championship is not that far away but an away game at Celtic Park will be tough going.

theticklemister

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 23, 2013, 08:59:17 PM

It was poor stuff alright, akin to rugby league.  Ever single free DOwn got in the second half seemed to be hit sideways and at one stage I counted 12 Down players, not including Brendan McVeigh, inside their own 45. I know Armagh are poor too but at least thery will have a go at it and kick the bloody thing into the forwards.

benny and that wee hallion laverty were deployed back in defence from the start. a player like benny must have bee wile frustrated.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: heffo on March 23, 2013, 09:00:06 PM

Very young and inexperienced Dublin team.

2 x Players of the year (Brogans), All Star for last two years (Flynn), One of the best Full backs (R O'Carroll), Ciaran Kilkenny + four of the AI winning defence + many more to come back into the panel.

Good nights work.
You win nothing with kids heffo .....:)

I still think it is a bit previous ranking young Kilkenny too highly yet. He has a lot to learn and won't do it if under too much expectation! If Unimpeded he will be superb but maybe not for a season or two yet!

That's an exceptional squad of young players Dublin have.
An u21 winning midfielder from a couple of seasons ago is telling me that he is now barely on the training panel due to so many new 'good young lads'... He is 23 or 24!!
Sam won't be far away with this talent - esp now that BB has support!

Dubs, donegal, cork, Tyrone and huge outsider Kildare if Jason Ryan has a big input are my contenders!
Dubs will be hard beaten this year.

Also ocarroll is THE best full back in the country IMO !!

Jinxy

Kevin Reilly is better.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BartSimpson

Saw the Dubs Down game tonight on setanta sports (tanx eircom lol), and while the Dubs were well the better team, Down wer very bad, especially in the 2nd half. Mannion is impressive. Is he the fella from Kilmacud? Heard he is very one footed. Down didn't pressurize him enough in my view. Dubs are the form team in the country right now, serious hungry side with huge talent off the bench. Hard to look beyond them for league anyway

Wat games on d tv tomorrow? Any?
guwan the parish