Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I'll state my interest here, in the interests of transparency. I've a lot of ties to South Kerry, and to Dromid, and I know a lot of their players personally. However, I wasn't at the game yesterday, so everything I would say is heresay, so I won't say the details of what I've heard because emotions were running high when I was talking to people.

All I will say is it sounded very bad, and spoiled the occasion of an All Ireland Semi Final for two small clubs.

Was anyone there? I would like to hear an unbiased account to make up my mind. It's a real pity that this sort of feeling persists after a game. Bad enough to lose (And to a man they've all said that Derrytresk were a very good side), but for this bad taste to linger is sad. Should have been a great day (win or lose) for both clubs.

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 23, 2012, 10:02:53 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on January 23, 2012, 09:50:31 AM
From all reports I've read, the Derrytresk supporters were a disgrace, and the players and subs not much better.
Of course there will be (and already has been) apologists trying to pass it off as Kerry bitterness.

Yerra, t'is always the bitterness of defeat that kills the Kingdom people.  It is a shame if this is as bad as reported as it is a fantastic achievement for Derrytresk to have made the final.

I actually genuinely don't think they are bitter about losing in this case. The phone calls started to me half way through the first half when they were winning!

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on January 23, 2012, 11:06:28 AM
How come Dromid had 2 men sent off and Derrytresk didn't have any? The melee, involving subs was started when a Dromid player smacked the Derrytresk manager.

Sour grapes.

Were you there hardstation?

AZOffaly

I know that two Dromid lads were sent off. 1 fella got a yellow card (and a kick in the face) in the melee and got a second yellow for not allowing a quick free to be taken. The other fella got the line at the end of the game for striking.

I did not hear that the melee started when a Dromid lad hit the Derrytresk manager. What forums did you see that on?

AZOffaly

Was talking to one of the lads involved there, and he would dispute that account hs. Apparently there is video evidence  so I suppose we'll say no more until the authorities have a look at it.

Jinxy

Move along now folks, nothing to see here.  ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

hurling_lad

Regardless of any provocation that happened in the run-up, if there were supporters of a club on the pitch involved in a fight while the game was still in progress, then that club should be made an example of and kicked out of the competition.

There has to be consequences to this kind of behaviour.

cornafean

A couple of points:

1. This reflects very badly on the GAA, with shock horror headlines etc on  the redtops. When will we learn to eradicate this?
2. This happened in a well-established county grounds that should have adequate stewarding etc to keep supporters off the pitch. Why wasn't this done?
3.  Kerry people seem to have a serious gripe every time a Tyrone team beats them.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

AZOffaly

Quote from: cornafean on January 23, 2012, 12:24:55 PM
A couple of points:

1. This reflects very badly on the GAA, with shock horror headlines etc on  the redtops. When will we learn to eradicate this?
2. This happened in a well-established county grounds that should have adequate stewarding etc to keep supporters off the pitch. Why wasn't this done?
3.  Kerry people seem to have a serious gripe every time a Tyrone team beats them.

In fairness cornafean, the 'gripe' started when Dromid were winning. But Derrytresk were the better team by far apparently, according to the Dromid players I've spoken too. Anyway, as I said I wasn't there myself, so I can't contribute much else.

Tubberman

Quote from: rrhf on January 23, 2012, 12:49:27 PM
I just hope Crossmaglen dont have to listen to any more of this sh*** when they hopefully beat Dr Crokes.

So supporters on the field assualting players shouldn't be mentioned? It's only ould whinging?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

brokencrossbar1

I think we'll worry about our own house and not what others say about us.  The reality is that the "incidents" from yesterday need to be investigated and dealt with fully and any guilty party of either side must be dealt with correctly, not knee jerk stuff.

cornafean

Quote from: rrhf on January 23, 2012, 12:49:27 PM
I just hope Crossmaglen dont have to listen to any more of this sh*** when they hopefully beat Dr Crokes.

That game should now be moved from Portlaoise. If the Laois crowd couldn't handle the junior game yesterday...
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

haranguerer

From all reports I've read, the Derrytresk supporters were a disgrace, and the players and subs not much better.
Of course there will be (and already has been) apologists trying to pass it off as Kerry bitterness.

Have you read many impartial reports? Doesnt look like you'll get too many of them in the south - the above report is a disgrace - completely biased, they didnt interview any derrytresk men for balance. 

Look at the facts - dromid had two men sent off, derrytresk none. Were the referees and linesmen that inept?

AZOffaly

Quote from: haranguerer on January 23, 2012, 01:16:09 PM

Have you read many impartial reports? Doesnt look like you'll get too many of them in the south - the above report is a disgrace - completely biased, they didnt interview any derrytresk men for balance. 

Look at the facts - dromid had two men sent off, derrytresk none. Were the referees and linesmen that inept?

Lads, I think we should just wait for the video to be reviewed. I'm hoping to get a copy myself to take a look at. But any of us who weren't there are adding nothing with our comments at this stage. Dromid are fairly happy that the video is clear, so we'll see.

Tubberman

It's being discussed on Liveline now ffs! More bad publicity for the GAA.
This sh*te can't go on, and people can't keep making excuses and blaming the other side.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."