Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2020, 07:44:15 PM
I think he wanted out years ago and has just been coasting so hasn't been at the top of his game. Definitely was great in his day but bit of a liability now.

He was never great. Was never better than average.

Rich Ricci

I'd have stuck up for De Gea and said he deserved the benefit of the doubt for a long time but enough is enough now. Romero probably should have been playing by right today anyway.

Really poor from Utd as a whole, outworked and out fought from the get go.

Milltown Row2

At the minute De Gea couldn't catch Covid
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

First defeat in 20 games and TBH i was expecting Chelsea to win. The United team performance was dreadful and deserved nothing more out of that match though Chelsea was certainly helped along by two woeful errors by DeGea and capped off by a OG by Maguire. 

Finishing in the top 4 is priority but would have to wonder is Uniteds best chance of winning a trophy this season is gone with that defeat this evening?

OgraAnDun

Pretty crap. Blueprint to beat Utd seems to be press high and hard.

Of course, if they beat the press then you're snookered.

quit yo jibbajabba

Not on to stir sh1t (honest!) was that not a strange enough team put out by Ole?

Pogba greenwood and martial rested? Change of formation/5 defenders on also? Just had quick look at teams at start, thought yis would have been goin flat out to win...

Cunny Funt

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 19, 2020, 08:19:55 PM
Not on to stir sh1t (honest!) was that not a strange enough team put out by Ole?

Pogba greenwood and martial rested? Change of formation/5 defenders on also? Just had quick look at teams at start, thought yis would have been goin flat out to win...
Changes had to be made, played Thursday night and playing again Wednesday. Chelsea had the two extra days to prepare and it showed tonight.

quit yo jibbajabba

Fair enough. Front 3 seemed to be on fire recently a big move to switch 2 from 3.

Id say after Leicesters defeat today top 4 well achievable now so if i was Ole i wouldve went balls deep there today. Says the armchair manager

Maroon Manc

I didn't expect too much yesterday given how United had been shafted with the fixture scheduling, you could see how Chelsea's extra 48 hours preparation and rest was an advantage especially when given the schedule of 2 teams who've played 2 games a week for the last month.

I doubt Ole would have gone with a back 5 if he thought Lampard was going to do so too, United don't have the wingbacks to match Chelsea.  I had no issue with him resting players, I'd have rested Fernandes too. Anyone with a brain could see United have looked so tired against Soton and Palace and think United would have beaten if he'd have started his best side anyway; The reality is qualifying for the CL is of far greater importance for United at the moment for various reasons.

Despite how poor United were during the 1st half Chelsea created next to nothing, conceding the goal was a real killer at that time. De Gea's time is up, going back to the end of January United have conceded 6 goals in 12 league games which is impressive and 4 in the FA Cup. De Gea has made mistakes for 6 of those goals, its not good enough and with a keeper like Henderson on the payroll he needs to be given a chance. Lindelof again lets United down for the 2nd time in a week, appalling defending for the 1st goal.

Collectively United's defending has improved so much since late January and Ole deserves a lot of credit for it.

NAG1

Bit of a shambles of a performance right from the get go.

Can see why Ole wanted to rest some of the players but made no sense then no changing Romero and giving him his customary run outs in the cup competitions.

The preparation time looked like it has a bearing, but in saying that Chelsea were not much more effective than Utd. Two bad errors handed them the game on a plate.

Not overly worried as I think a lot of people were getting ahead of themselves with this run, this is a bit of reality check and hopefully we show the need for more investment in the team and revamp of the squad continued.

Denn Forever

Does anyone know the name of a film where a boss was being a bit of a kn*b to his workers.  The workers had enugh and went a bit vigilanty but hit there identity by wearing Cantona  masks.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyCake

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 20, 2020, 12:02:10 PM
Does anyone know the name of a film where a boss was being a bit of a kn*b to his workers.  The workers had enugh and went a bit vigilanty but hit there identity by wearing Cantona  masks.

The Cantona masks was in Looking For Eric.

Cantona was in the film. Watched it lately. Was very good.

OgraAnDun

With Liverpool being presented with the league trophy tonight, hopefully they'll be motivated enough to make sure they beat Chelsea before it and do United a favour.

Helix.

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 21, 2020, 12:23:46 PM
With Liverpool being presented with the league trophy tonight, hopefully they'll be motivated enough to make sure they beat Chelsea before it and do United a favour.

It's tomorrow. You'd hope they'll want to keep unbeaten Anfield status in premier league for a bit longer. Hopefully united will bounce back from that shambles on Sunday.

TabClear

Quote from: Helix. on July 21, 2020, 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 21, 2020, 12:23:46 PM

It's tomorrow. You'd hope they'll want to keep unbeaten Anfield status in premier league for a bit longer. Hopefully united will bounce back from that shambles on Sunday.

NOt sure about that, the streak has to end sometime so in a match that does not matter in terms of league position and potentially hurts United sounds a reasonably good set of circumstances for me!  ;)

I think it would have been different if they had beat Burnley and were going for a perfect season at home but I think Chelsea will win this one/. Especially with no Henderson barking orders at everyone and keeping the tempo up.