GAA felt bullied over Liam Miller match

Started by seafoid, January 30, 2019, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2019, 01:15:03 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 01, 2019, 12:54:06 PM
The key key thing here is why the feck is this being brought up again?
The talk of being bullied and 'public' opinion...by public do they mean GAA members in terms of Newbridge? That a lot of GAA people (the public) also had no issue with the Liam Miller gig.
The public could do with bullying them a bit more and maybe they might listen a bit more.

He's covering his hole with the "I didn't want to do it, but they made me do it" bullshit.

Grow a set

Said it at the time and will say it again the FAI are getting off scott free in this whole fiasco.

All these soccer heads crying out for the use of PUC should be asking the FAI where is our infrastructure, where are our facilities? They are a professional orgainsation and havent a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out. It is easy to stand and lambast the GAA for certain things that have gone on and they have handled things wrongly at times, I dont happen to think this was one of them.

Organisers should have handled it better and understood what the GAA is an organisation and how things are handled. But they should also understand that when they come with their begging bowl out from a shambles of an organisation that is the FAI then they should do so with a bit more grace and humility.

(sentiments on bringing it up again are on the money)

Captain Scarlet

But the GAA could have subtly put the boot into the FAI and been great lads
Instead of writing a line about being bullied he could have put in his report how we have grown as an organisation and they were happy to help the Miller family. How they wished they had come to them sooner.
Now whether it was true or not wouldn't matter a shite, but it would have been picked up and been positive spin...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

NAG1

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 01, 2019, 03:37:45 PM
But the GAA could have subtly put the boot into the FAI and been great lads
Instead of writing a line about being bullied he could have put in his report how we have grown as an organisation and they were happy to help the Miller family. How they wished they had come to them sooner.
Now whether it was true or not wouldn't matter a shite, but it would have been picked up and been positive spin...

Agree would have been the easier path of travel to spin it positively.

But I think in this case there was bit of a warning shot being fired for the future and how to go about things.

BennyCake

Whatever happened to the Terry Henry money? Would that not have built a soccer stadium?

rrhf

Just think he comes across poorly with this bit of upcasting.  No need to comment at all..has to justify the pay and existence I suppose.same as the average county secretary... so much to say...

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: BennyCake on February 01, 2019, 04:15:04 PM
Whatever happened to the Terry Henry money? Would that not have built a soccer stadium?

Thats literally what they did with it.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2019, 01:57:32 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2019, 01:15:03 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 01, 2019, 12:54:06 PM
The key key thing here is why the feck is this being brought up again?
The talk of being bullied and 'public' opinion...by public do they mean GAA members in terms of Newbridge? That a lot of GAA people (the public) also had no issue with the Liam Miller gig.
The public could do with bullying them a bit more and maybe they might listen a bit more.

He's covering his hole with the "I didn't want to do it, but they made me do it" bullshit.

Grow a set

Said it at the time and will say it again the FAI are getting off scott free in this whole fiasco.

All these soccer heads crying out for the use of PUC should be asking the FAI where is our infrastructure, where are our facilities? They are a professional orgainsation and havent a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out. It is easy to stand and lambast the GAA for certain things that have gone on and they have handled things wrongly at times, I dont happen to think this was one of them.

Organisers should have handled it better and understood what the GAA is an organisation and how things are handled. But they should also understand that when they come with their begging bowl out from a shambles of an organisation that is the FAI then they should do so with a bit more grace and humility.

(sentiments on bringing it up again are on the money)

The FAI had zero involvement in any of this and its disingenuous to bring them into it. Cork soccer has a fine stadium, fit for purpose that they built over years. With the fiasco that is PUC I would hold off finger wagging.

The Cork Country Board took funds on the explicit understanding this type of event  had to be entertained. To use the b word when this clause was invoked worries me. What will his reaction be to a real crisis?

Rossfan

"Explicit understandings" aren't worth the paper they're not written on.
Wasn't it amazing how the Government and the GAA knew years in advance that a big soccer fundraiser would be held.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on February 01, 2019, 08:54:12 PM
"Explicit understandings" aren't worth the paper they're not written on.
Wasn't it amazing how the Government and the GAA knew years in advance that a big soccer fundraiser would be held.

Didnt a barrister tweet the signed document?

But regardless, its done. Why he felt this was what he wanted to talk about in and at the launch of the annual report is mystifying

Rossfan

Indeed.
More exciting things happened in the GAA world in 2018.

Rossfan