Hurling Championship 2019

Started by seafoid, May 08, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

The world is back on its axis I suppose. Who predicted Tipp and Kilkenny again? Great weekends hurling

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 28, 2019, 05:53:22 PM
Was at the game, was hoping for a Wexford win before the game but met the biggest w**ker I've ever encountered at a game, and I've met a load of Tyrone supporters, unfortunately he was wearing a Wexford jersey. Cracking game and glad Tipp won.
He must have been bad. I was supporting Wexford purely on the basis of getting something different in the final but after their lack of reaction to going 5 points (and a man up) I hoped Tipp beat them.

gallsman

Moronic stuff from John McGrath. Benny Dunne-esque. Could and should have seen straight red for it.

Milltown Row2

I've always said this ref is way above his station and that showed today, but the main calls were correct, he's got someone calling the shots regarding Hawkeye. He was told about the point over the bar but with the noise of supporters and everything else he brought it back, the decision was correct.

He probably blew early for the Tipp 'goal' and awarded a 21 yard free but the best team won over 70+ Minutes.

On the match,  It was better than yesterday's, the level these amateurs take themselves too is unreal. The score rate was phenomenal. Nobody deserved to lose but the best team today won, the final will be (as someone mentioned) a return to the natural order, and Wexford and Limerick can't blame anyone else but themselves.

The final will be something else, think Cody would have preferred a Wexford final. But no motivation needed now at this stage, now the chase for tickets!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2019, 07:09:09 PM
But no motivation needed now at this stage, now the chase for tickets!
With yet another Kilkenny v Tipp final, the "chase for tickets" will be like the game at the end of The Crystal Maze.

Like an oul' fella at Nowlan Park a couple of weeks ago sang, they'll be blowin' in the wind.

imtommygunn

Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2019, 06:24:57 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 28, 2019, 05:39:12 PM
Firstly, great game of hurling.

Tipperary looked to be a much fitter team. It looked like Wexford had 14 men and Tip had 15 in the latter stages of the game.
Tip were lucky not to have Heffernan sent off, he was lucky the ref missed the punch.
Will he miss the final?

I think that could happen. 

Ref terrible today. No consistency at all. The too long decisions on pause maher were ridiculous. 

gallsman

Any refereeing decision on Padraic Maher is wrong. If they let him off they should have done him. If they do him, they should have done him harder.

Maiden1

I thought Davy Fitz team would use the short pick out more when they had the extra man and try to works a few easy shots. They seemed to go long right up the middle every time with the extra man.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

imtommygunn

I would generally agree re Maher gallsman but they were wrong today. Those two decisions for travelling were very clear fouls on him.

Roashter

Wexford had a great chance today but being honest they blew it. Credit to Tipperary they showed great heart to win and some of their scores in lat 20 minutes were awesome. They were lucky that Heffernan did not get his marching orders and I wouldn't be surprised if he appears before one of these cccc committees as it doesn't look like the referee dealt with the incident at the time.

Should be a cracking final. Both teams won't fear each other and will be fairly confident after their respective semi-final victories.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2019, 08:15:36 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 28, 2019, 08:09:39 PM
I would generally agree re Maher gallsman but they were wrong today. Those two decisions for travelling were very clear fouls on him.
One he got done for he put his head down and charged straight into the Wexford player. Certain free in for me.

Mahers robust play generally plays on the limits. Mainly borderline fouls once he collects the ball, to 'charging' over carrying and hand passing. Depends on the ref in fairness, I much prefer a robust approach as long as it's in the rules  ;)

If Heffernan is looked at it'll be a two yellows and that's that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Jesus f**king Christ. Dónal Og thinks hurling traditionalists are showing the "last remnants of British cultural influence on these islands"

Sportacus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2019, 08:28:27 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2019, 08:15:36 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 28, 2019, 08:09:39 PM
One he got done for he put his head down and charged straight into the Wexford player. Certain free in for me.

Mahers robust play generally plays on the limits. Mainly borderline fouls once he collects the ball, to 'charging' over carrying and hand passing. Depends on the ref in fairness, I much prefer a robust approach as long as it's in the rules  ;)

If Heffernan is looked at it'll be a two yellows and that's that
Is a punch a yellow?

gallsman

Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2019, 10:08:24 PM
He's 100% correct. Next time I hear some aul bollix roaring " Would you drive the ball in" I'm going to shout "Brits out" at him.

:D :D :D