Hurling Championship 2019

Started by seafoid, May 08, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 27, 2019, 06:52:54 PM
Fennelly with just the 11 steps that time

Crazy number of steps for the goal! KK deserving winners!

Baile an tuaigh

A couple of the Kk backs hit a lot of ball today and that was largely due to Limerick playing very deep. The amount of wides Limerick hit today would have been soul destroying for them. If they were more efficient they could have won that.

Baile an tuaigh

Limerick claim the last play of the game was a 65. I think the GAA should use senior inter County hurlers for umpiring games of this importance.

gallsman

Thought Dónal Og's whinging about the 65 that wasn't and throwing the linesman under the bus was embarrassing. The deflection was small, there's no video replay in the game, MR2 has seen it a couple of times and still doesn't think out came off Buckley's hurl. The sliotar is a tiny object whizzing about an enormous field at massive speed. Things like that will get missed from time to time.

imtommygunn

Kilkenny were probably the better team but on the flip side limerick had the chances to win it and made bad choices when it mattered. Also they remained too defensive.

TJ motm  for me too. Yeah he is definitely up there with king Henry imo.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2019, 08:56:20 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 27, 2019, 06:52:54 PM
Fennelly with just the 11 steps that time

Crazy number of steps for the goal! KK deserving winners!
Watch it again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2019, 08:29:06 PM
I thought Buckley was lucky enough not to go with that elbow too.

That should have been red. Deliberately threw the elbow into his head. Dirty cheap shot that hurlers seem to get away with.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dublin7 on July 27, 2019, 10:06:01 PM

That should have been red. Deliberately threw the elbow into his head. Dirty cheap shot that hurlers seem to get away with.

Rubbish, the ref blew for a chest charge, didn't see the elbow. Had he seen it would have been a red
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

I don't think he was deliberately trying to elbow him rather than get the arm up to block him. Regardless, he elbowed him in the neck area. Should have been red.

dublin7

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2019, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 27, 2019, 10:06:01 PM

Rubbish, the ref blew for a chest charge, didn't see the elbow. Had he seen it would have been a red

Regardless of whether the ref seen it or not it was still a dirty cheap shot.

orangeman

Limerick lost by a point after hitting 15 wides and will be sore about this defeat but you just have to credit Kilkenny with putting in a massive shift and riding their luck. Kilkenny just don't do lying down.

orangeman

By the way Limerick were denied a 65 at the end of the match - the sliothar definitely hit off the Kilkenny man's hurl and went out.

joemamas

Quote from: gallsman on July 27, 2019, 09:12:25 PM
Thought Dónal Og's whinging about the 65 that wasn't and throwing the linesman under the bus was embarrassing. The deflection was small, there's no video replay in the game, MR2 has seen it a couple of times and still doesn't think out came off Buckley's hurl. The sliotar is a tiny object whizzing about an enormous field at massive speed. Things like that will get missed from time to time.

+1

He is the most dour bollocks to ever sit on a studio panel.
I can recall after an absolutely cracking game years ago, and Michael Lyster asked him first for his opinion, he pissed and moaned about something or other,  lyster was almost incredulous and finally cut him off.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: gallsman on July 27, 2019, 09:12:25 PM

If the same thing happened to Kilkenny, Cody would be bitching about it for years.

Farrandeelin

Tipp getting hard done by here.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.