All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on August 20, 2017, 05:40:44 PM
I've been under the impression that Fitzmaurice was a shrewd enough tactician up until today, he'd nothing to offer bar a full court press on the Mayo kickouts, the rest of it was shambolic.

It's really  an unknown if the AOS experiment worked, but again it smacks of trying to outfox your opponent rather than playing to your own strengths, which is balls and i hate to see it.

Are you serious?

imtommygunn

I've been under the impression that Fitzmaurice was a shrewd enough tactician up until today, he'd nothing to offer bar a full court press on the Mayo kickouts, the rest of it was shambolic.

It's really  an unknown if the AOS experiment worked, but again it smacks of trying to outfox your opponent rather than playing to your own strengths, which is balls and i hate to see it.

I would fully agree about fitzmaurice. Found out badly today. Really big test for him in replay.

Mayo really the better team today. I would love to see them win the ai but it must be so frustrating being a supporter. They should have won that game by 3 or 4 points.

How many times has andy moran been written off now? Great to see him continue to prove the doubters wrong.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

I would fully agree about fitzmaurice. Found out badly today. Really big test for him in replay.

Mayo really the better team today. I would love to see them win the ai but it must be so frustrating being a supporter. They should have won that game by 3 or 4 points.

How many times has andy moran been written off now? Great to see him continue to prove the doubters wrong.

Who was writing off Andy Moran? everyone knows even at 33 years young that he is still the best scoring forward from play that Mayo have. Mayo should have won today no question but had to grab the replay from the jaws of defeat. If the replay is lost then they will know they left the win behind them today.

bennydorano

Moran was superb but caught waiting on the last ball there, could've ended in tears.

Kurtz

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

The lad marking Moran looked like he never seen a ball before  ;D
Roscommon do produce good forwards though

ONeill

Hard to call whether that OShea experiment worked or not. Mayo didn't lose, Donaghy didn't cause havoc. May have spooked Kerry.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on August 20, 2017, 05:58:29 PM
Hard to call whether that OShea experiment worked or not. Mayo did lose, Donaghy didn't cause havoc. May have spooked Kerry.

It ended up being pointless. He was still there when Donaghy took of. Bizarre.

dublin7

Quote from: yellowcard on August 20, 2017, 05:32:50 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 20, 2017, 05:19:46 PM
I think the lads who said Shane Enright is a good defender should come back to me and apologise.

Couldn't believe Fitzmaurice left him on for the full game.

All of them were cleaned out. It's not like he could substitute all 3 of them. Brought in Lyng at HT and made no difference

omagh_gael

Did O'Se make it inside the Kerry 45 at all? He kept Donaghy quiet in the air but Star still had a very good game. Surely to Christ Aiden could have been given ten minutes on the Kerry 40? Kerry were there for the taking an his direct running would have caused serious issues in an already porous defence.

Aughafad

Just out from the game, really good Game from a neutral point of view.

I was just wondering was anything made by the tv commentators on the incident when Liam Hassett ran across the pitch and had a quick word with the Ref?

Il Bomber Destro

Deegan is some gobshite of a referee, heavily favoured Kerry over the course of the game though moreso in the first half.

He likes to make the game about him, taking a minute to book a player, halting play at regular intervals for delayed periods to talk to players without actions. Laughing at players as he makes incorrect calls for them.

Every f**king year he is reffing the business end games of Champions. Enough is enough.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Aughafad on August 20, 2017, 06:09:30 PM
Just out from the game, really good Game from a neutral point of view.

I was just wondering was anything made by the tv commentators on the incident when Liam Hassett ran across the pitch and had a quick word with the Ref?

No, football pundits will not make any comment about the dark arts of Kerry.

SouthDublinBro

This Mayo side of the past 5 years or so will be the greatest to never win Sam.

sid waddell

To paraphrase a shit clickbait website, this is the most Mayo year ever and that was the most Mayo match ever.

This team isn't just a Gaelic football team from an obscure, windswept county on the west coast, they are effectively the centre of Irish life any time they play. You just can't take your eyes off them.

They're a world class performance art troupe who make Philippe Petit's 1974 tightrope walk between the two towers of New York's World Trade Centre seem like a Sunday stroll down to the local corner shop to buy a newspaper and a packet of 20 Silk Cut.

They look to be in control, then they lose balance, then save themselves. But they always fall off in the end.

I'm from Dublin and even I can't take the drama.

I think I am genuinely in love with this Mayo team. They're like a beautiful alcoholic.

They break your heart time and again but you always hold out the hope they might just change. And every misdemeanour makes you love them more.

The only problem is they might turn you into an alcoholic while you hold out that hope.

I think Kerry will win the replay and put a cruel, horrible, puritanical stop to all this beautiful romantic nonsense.