Full houses

Started by imtommygunn, August 08, 2010, 03:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

How many full houses have their been in the c'ship this year? Bound to be the lowest ever.

AISF today and doesn't even look like the upper decks have been opened.

Were the munster hurling or the ulster football sellouts?

robertemmet

Only sell outs are the senior finals, big games Dublin are involved in and concerts

Tickets prices too high

Maguire01

Ulster final was almost 35,000, so very close to a sell out.

WeeDonns

QuoteOnly sell outs are the senior finals, big games Dublin are involved in and concerts

Tickets prices too high

Loads of €9 tickets available for the Canal End for the Tyrone V Kerry, Down V Kerry, Tyrone V Dublin triple header and it was nowhere near full.

People love to blame the GAA and ticket prices for the low (although not as low as predicted by HQ) attendances, but there's a lot more to it than just the price of the match ticket;
There's the Cost of the day out + the hassle of travel + live TV coverage anyway + the lack of interest/expectation from some supporters

Muzz

Well and good saying that there was tickets for €9.  This is the first I have heard of it so the GAA did not do a good job in advertising it freely.

Perception is reality and the fact remains that ticket prices are the main reason people stay away.  Rightly or wrongly people think the price of tickets is too high.

Recession or not :-S

DoireGael

Quote from: WeeDonns on August 09, 2010, 10:49:16 AM

QuoteOnly sell outs are the senior finals, big games Dublin are involved in and concerts

Tickets prices too high

Loads of €9 tickets available for the Canal End for the Tyrone V Kerry, Down V Kerry, Tyrone V Dublin triple header and it was nowhere near full.

People love to blame the GAA and ticket prices for the low (although not as low as predicted by HQ) attendances, but there's a lot more to it than just the price of the match ticket;
There's the Cost of the day out + the hassle of travel + live TV coverage anyway + the lack of interest/expectation from some supporters

First time I have also heard of any €9 tickets, hopefully its true enough, was there for it, think Cusack was   about €35

blanketattack

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2010, 03:19:14 PM
How many full houses have their been in the c'ship this year?

My house was full for the Munster hurling final. I had a barbecue planned with 30 people round but we all had to stay indoors because of the rain.

AZOffaly

Quote from: blanketattack on August 09, 2010, 03:12:36 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2010, 03:19:14 PM
How many full houses have their been in the c'ship this year?

My house was full for the Munster hurling final. I had a barbecue planned with 30 people round but we all had to stay indoors because of the rain.

How much were the tickets?

blanketattack

It was Bring Your Own Beer, so I made a profit off the leftovers.

Superstar

Quote from: Muzz on August 09, 2010, 02:27:20 PM
Well and good saying that there was tickets for €9.  This is the first I have heard of it so the GAA did not do a good job in advertising it freely.

Perception is reality and the fact remains that ticket prices are the main reason people stay away.  Rightly or wrongly people think the price of tickets is too high.

Every club in Ireland was made aware of these tickets
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

Dougal

im not a member of a club and i attend a hell of a lot more games than most club members do,how am i supposed to know?i would of went to that if i had of known tickets were so cheap.is it that hard to advertise that tickets start off at prices as low as €9?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

ross4life

Does anybody have the ticket prices from the last couple of years (i don't think prices changed that much) for the 4 Football quarter finals they got something like 109,000 but if GAA played them outside of Croker they could have got more

I'll be surprised if the semi finals are full houses either..Down v Kildare i expect no more than 60k while Dublin v Cork 70k
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Quote from: Superstar on August 09, 2010, 04:10:38 PM
Quote from: Muzz on August 09, 2010, 02:27:20 PM

Every club in Ireland was made aware of these tickets

Yes and there needed to be at least 15 people from your club going to avail of the €9 tickets so it isn't just as straightforward as wandering up on the day and getting a €9 ticket.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: ross4life on August 09, 2010, 07:06:30 PM
I'll be surprised if the semi finals are full houses either..Down v Kildare i expect no more than 60k while Dublin v Cork 70k

Well, judging from initial demand in Down, its far and away above the quarter final...
i usse an speelchekor

upmonaghansayswe

Hard to come by the old Full House.. Just had to settle with my 3 of a kind..