General question on the South - is proof of vaccination required to enter hotels

Started by nrico2006, August 04, 2021, 12:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: BennyCake on August 04, 2021, 09:56:19 PM

That's interesting, that you think the passport will help things get back to normal. How is having your whereabouts scanned every farts end, normal?

If me, you, Tom Dick Harry and everyone else is vaccinated, then as you say, the risk of infection/transmission is lower. So why can't we all just go to the pub as normal if we're all at a lower risk? And our possible transmission of the virus is at a lower level. THAT would be 'back to normal'.

The "scanning app" for the vaccine pass in the Republic just verifies the barcode is valid.   Most small premises don't even have it.  On balance the HSE seem to be accepting that some people will get through the net (especially in smaller places).  It does help in larger premises to reduce the risk level of a super-spreader event.

The "lead customer" in a group must give contact details for contact tracing.  This also applies to unvaccinated folks dining outside or staying in hotels.   The premises must keep that data for a period of time (not sure how long) and are obliged to handover to contract tracing teams on request.

If you are worried about your movements in the Free State are being monitored, it's more likely through the later than the former.

My local publican told me that any inspections are looking for the contact tracing data.  They can accept the barcode, cardboard vaccination card or in the case of of Nordies or foreigners any effort of written evidence.  There is no real checks to enforce it.

In the longer term, best case scenario COVID will be endemic with outbreaks to manage.   I would expect going forward leaving a (temporary) record of your comings and goings to indoor environments will be standard.  You will be expected to consent that owner will store it and will hand it over to HSE contact tracers on request.

So for now, it's the contact tracing data will betray your movements, not the vax pass.  Also that approach will be around longer than the vax pass.

/Jim.

joemamas