Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 08, 2018, 11:26:31 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 08, 2018, 11:21:27 AM
After winning on Monday there's less importance on Saturdays game with Sevilla game next Tuesday which is our biggest game of the season.  I'd be happy to see Shaw, Bailly, Carrick, Rashford & Martial all start although its probably unlikely.

Just looked and Sevilla play Valencia on Saturday, Sevilla are 5th and 8 points behind Valencia so thankfully its a must game win so they'll have the same level of preparation as United.

I don't think that would weaken the team being honest. I agree Sevilla is the biggest game of the season but I think that's because of the mismanagement of the away leg. Liverpool games are always huge. I don't want them to win or finish above United. I fear their energy and pace will outmatch United.

I agree i just don't think all those players will play against Sevilla which in theory should make us the fresher team.

Their front 3 are equal to City but that midfield 3 certainly aren't, they won't be able to control us like City did; They don't have a player in their like Silva or De Bruyne now that Coutinho has gone. There's clearly a template for playing Liverpool, just look at some of those games where they've really struggled, United will deny them space and be compact and look to break at pace. Its about getting the balance right for United though. I think Rashford deserves a chance down the right of a front 3, he's the only one who's not got a chance yet.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 08, 2018, 11:58:48 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 08, 2018, 11:26:31 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 08, 2018, 11:21:27 AM
After winning on Monday there's less importance on Saturdays game with Sevilla game next Tuesday which is our biggest game of the season.  I'd be happy to see Shaw, Bailly, Carrick, Rashford & Martial all start although its probably unlikely.

Just looked and Sevilla play Valencia on Saturday, Sevilla are 5th and 8 points behind Valencia so thankfully its a must game win so they'll have the same level of preparation as United.

I don't think that would weaken the team being honest. I agree Sevilla is the biggest game of the season but I think that's because of the mismanagement of the away leg. Liverpool games are always huge. I don't want them to win or finish above United. I fear their energy and pace will outmatch United.

I agree i just don't think all those players will play against Sevilla which in theory should make us the fresher team.

Their front 3 are equal to City but that midfield 3 certainly aren't, they won't be able to control us like City did; They don't have a player in their like Silva or De Bruyne now that Coutinho has gone. There's clearly a template for playing Liverpool, just look at some of those games where they've really struggled, United will deny them space and be compact and look to break at pace. Its about getting the balance right for United though. I think Rashford deserves a chance down the right of a front 3, he's the only one who's not got a chance yet.

You're right. Unfortunately the template for playing Liverpool will lead to United defending deep and crowding midfield and wrecking the game as a spectacle. If it works I'll wear it against the better teams but not every week.

StGallsGAA

Pogba out apparently so big Fellers could be called up on his first game back from 2 months out!

On a brighter note a much needed win for the u23s last night turning Liverpool over at Anfield. 

screenexile

Hilarious!!

If Man Ure had a more positive manager they they'd hardly be as far away from City as they are!

Captain Obvious

A top defender like Bailly is showing how much he has been missed this afternoon. Mata really should have put this contest to bed. Liverpool still in this game however and looking dangerous from set pieces.

Newbridge Exile

Glad you can get some positives from that first half SE

GJL

Handy enough and deserved 3 points.

Captain Obvious

A Mourinho masterclass. Liverpool the better side in the 2nd half however not often you see a free scoring side like them struggling to create a decent goal scoring opportunity and relying on set pieces to get them back into game.

StGallsGAA

Klippity Klopp exposed as a rank amateur.   His headless-chickens style of play will win nothing.

Cunny Funt

A deserved win for Man United they defended and attacked better than Liverpool. The win all the more impressive when you consider United were without 7 players that probably would have featured if available for selection today.

quit yo jibbajabba

David McKeown

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

quit yo jibbajabba

And if Martial had started id say with near certainty rashford wouldnt have. But yeah i want to hear more from that guy. And his magnificent 7

Milltown Row2

Giggs Keane Sharpe Scoles !

Pointless anyways as City will sweep up the next few leagues providing Pep stays, with PSG looking and able to match City it could take him away and City would be mortal again!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: David McKeown on March 10, 2018, 07:07:51 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 10, 2018, 03:03:39 PM
7?

Martial
Pogba
Herrera
And?
Rojo,Jones,Ibrahimovic and Blind all out injured I believe. Liverpool had everyone fit and on their match day panel today.