Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

I'd have expected De Gea to make that save, you could make a case for him saving Palace's 2nd goal too although it was a brilliantly composed finish.

Valencia isn't carrying any excess weight so those jersey's are a bit of an illusion, unfortunately the same can't be said of Shaw. He wasn't as big prior to his injury, if he's not playing now its hard to make a case for him having a future at OT but given Young's average performances in recent weeks Shaw might get another chance.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 06, 2018, 10:09:21 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 06, 2018, 10:07:34 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 06, 2018, 09:54:52 AM
Quote from: Taylor on March 06, 2018, 09:36:39 AM
Pogba is trying to prove he is a £90m player. Wont do the simple things.

Liverpool could put 3 or 4 goals past this Utd team if they are on form. That defence is terrible

Not a hope. Man United's set up will frustrate Liverpool, and when United attack, they have players who can hurt you. If Liverpool got a draw at OT, I'd be delighted.
a draw isnt the worst result for either side, so id say a draw it will be

Agreed. Think both teams would settle for a draw.

Balls to that! Destroy the scouse scum.  Jose will tell Bailly to make sure to take Salah out for the rest of the season and job done.

magpie seanie

Did Mourinho kick a bottle into the crowd last night?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 06, 2018, 05:41:52 PM
Did Mourinho kick a bottle into the crowd last night?
Amusing incidents as said there. At least he can crack a smile once in a while.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/970987790539415554

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 06, 2018, 12:02:34 PM
Young & Valencia started the season well but have regressed as the season has gone on. Valencia looks to have lost some of his pace, in fairness neither are fullbacks; Once Lingard went to right back it made a difference, we need 2 new fullbacks. I haven't seen enough of Fosuh-Mensah this season so I don't know if he's the answer and I don't see how Shaw is the answer at left back when he's still not first choice.

Its clear we don't look like a proper team but we're still in 2nd place. We've certainly got greater scope for improvement than Spurs & Liverpool but we'll have to wait until next season to see what happens.

We needed a result like that, should give them plenty of belief going forward.

Fosu Mensa is the real deal, he should start next season, Kieran Tierney could be there at left back, apparently United are keen on him, I hope not but I fear so.

Shaw could do a job for anyone but Mourinho, he just does not rate him/like him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NAG1

Quote from: stew on March 06, 2018, 11:34:20 PM
Young & Valencia started the season well but have regressed as the season has gone on. Valencia looks to have lost some of his pace, in fairness neither are fullbacks; Once Lingard went to right back it made a difference, we need 2 new fullbacks. I haven't seen enough of Fosuh-Mensah this season so I don't know if he's the answer and I don't see how Shaw is the answer at left back when he's still not first choice.

Its clear we don't look like a proper team but we're still in 2nd place. We've certainly got greater scope for improvement than Spurs & Liverpool but we'll have to wait until next season to see what happens.

Fosu Mensa is the real deal, he should start next season, Kieran Tierney could be there at left back, apparently United are keen on him, I hope not but I fear so.

Shaw could do a job for anyone but Mourinho, he just does not rate him/like him.

Dont think Tierney will be the one that JM goes too. He pretty much has all the attacking pieces in place even if he doesnt know how to best place them yet. This summer will be about 1 possibly two full backs and a Centre Back. As Liverpool showed not easy or cheap to get a decent player in these positions.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: NAG1 on March 07, 2018, 08:47:31 AM

Dont think Tierney will be the one that JM goes too. He pretty much has all the attacking pieces in place even if he doesnt know how to best place them yet. This summer will be about 1 possibly two full backs and a Centre Back. As Liverpool showed not easy or cheap to get a decent player in these positions.

Andrew Robertson is very decent and was pretty much a straight swap with Hull for Kevin Stewart.

Milltown Row2

Robertson has proved to be a very good deal, he seems to have settled in well and is making that position his own.. Havent seen him have a bad game TBH
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Plus a midfielder or two.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2018, 10:50:45 AM

United will certainly sign a midfielder to replace Carrick, United desperately need a midfielder in the ilk of Modric, Kroos etc. If Fellaini stays I think he'll let Herrera leave too and use the money for another position. It looks like Mourinho prefers McTominay over him.

Given all the attacking players we've still not got an attacking right sided player, not sure that will change that summer either. I think we'll sign 3 players this summer, 2 defenders and a midfielder.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 07, 2018, 11:01:28 AM

United will certainly sign a midfielder to replace Carrick, United desperately need a midfielder in the ilk of Modric, Kroos etc. If Fellaini stays I think he'll let Herrera leave too and use the money for another position. It looks like Mourinho prefers McTominay over him.

Given all the attacking players we've still not got an attacking right sided player, not sure that will change that summer either. I think we'll sign 3 players this summer, 2 defenders and a midfielder.

Fellaini looks a cert to go in the summer and if the right player became available I think JM would let Herrera go as well.

screenexile

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 07, 2018, 11:01:28 AM

Lingard/Martial/Ashley Young/Rashford can all play on the right can't they?

StGallsGAA

They've all been used there but clearly not their best/favoured position.

Maroon Manc

After winning on Monday there's less importance on Saturdays game with Sevilla game next Tuesday which is our biggest game of the season.  I'd be happy to see Shaw, Bailly, Carrick, Rashford & Martial all start although its probably unlikely.

Just looked and Sevilla play Valencia on Saturday, Sevilla are 5th and 8 points behind Valencia so thankfully its a must game win so they'll have the same level of preparation as United.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 08, 2018, 11:21:27 AM
After winning on Monday there's less importance on Saturdays game with Sevilla game next Tuesday which is our biggest game of the season.  I'd be happy to see Shaw, Bailly, Carrick, Rashford & Martial all start although its probably unlikely.

Just looked and Sevilla play Valencia on Saturday, Sevilla are 5th and 8 points behind Valencia so thankfully its a must game win so they'll have the same level of preparation as United.

I don't think that would weaken the team being honest. I agree Sevilla is the biggest game of the season but I think that's because of the mismanagement of the away leg. Liverpool games are always huge. I don't want them to win or finish above United. I fear their energy and pace will outmatch United.