Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 01, 2018, 04:47:10 PM
Pogba isnt a box to box midfelder and I dont think will ever be.

Exactly. Should never be picked there.

Maroon Manc

Its very important United buys a midfielder who complements both Pogba & Matic this summer, would imagine someone in the mould of Mordric or Kross not that these are available.

Some of the criticism Pogba gets is over the top and Mourinho has to take some of the blame, he was dreadful the other night but has been brilliant for us for most of the season.

I'm far more concerned with Lukaku's display especially when you compare it to Kane. Lukaku has to start improving otherwise he'll be moved on. Their were signs in recent weeks he was starting to improve but that performance was very worrying.

Chong in the u23's looked the part the other night, considering he was out for a long time with a bad injury he's been brilliant since he returned.

Megaman

for me Lukaku is still my biggest worry along with Matic, i think the two of them have been really poor lately, particularly Lukaku.

The game opened up so much when Fellani came on, Midfield was totally non-existent, had just said to my son that he was totally useless and i dont think he had even touched the ball, so i wasnt really that surprised to see him being taken off again.

Also i would persevere with Shaw ahead of young.

OgraAnDun

I don't think Lukaku is really good enough to lead the line for Utd. He was however, the best we could have done in the summer, and we were in desperate need of a striker. I think he will be moved on in a couple of years whenever another option is realistically available.

BennyCake

I have a feeling Sanchez will be an enormous flop. Moreso than Di Maria.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on February 02, 2018, 04:00:13 PM

You're not good at this trolling craic. I'd retire if I were you.

GJL

Quote from: BennyCake on February 02, 2018, 04:00:13 PM

;D

Yea because like Di Maria he has no experience of the Premier League. Oh wait....

Syferus

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5346359/The-birth-Manchester-Uniteds-Busby-Babes.html

Wonderful article about the Busby Babes framed around a game they played as juniors in 1951 in Jimmy Murphy's homeplace in the Upper Rhondda Valley in South Wales. Murphy's father had moved there to work in the coal mines from Ireland before he was born. And, yes, even the Daily Mail have a few good journalists..

GJL

Be interesting to see hoe Pogba reacts to being dropped.

Over the Bar

magpie seanie

So Jose picks the Munich anniversary to have a pop at the United supporters again. What a complete and utter sc**bag. Well done to MUST for a thoughtful and measured response. Something Mourinho could learn from. He's a disgrace.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2018, 01:41:08 AM
So Jose picks the Munich anniversary to have a pop at the United supporters again. What a complete and utter sc**bag. Well done to MUST for a thoughtful and measured response. Something Mourinho could learn from. He's a disgrace.
He has said it before and is 100% correct.
Not sure why Munich anniversary should put an embargo on fair comment.

Maroon Manc

Very very harsh, he's right but its the same for every other top teams.

Average age of a ST holder at OT gets older every year, I think the average age of ST holder in the premier league is 41 and is probably at least 45 at OT.  Atmospheres won't improve until they bring back standing sections which will probably happen in the next few years.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 05, 2018, 10:37:31 AM

Very very harsh, he's right but its the same for every other top teams.

Average age of a ST holder at OT gets older every year, I think the average age of ST holder in the premier league is 41 and is probably at least 45 at OT.  Atmospheres won't improve until they bring back standing sections which will probably happen in the next few years.

Exactly
Jose comes out with an awful lot of hypocritical BS during the season , but he is right here. Its not an issue exclusive to United, its the case with all the big clubs especially.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

It's a stupid thing to say. Everyone knows it's the case and it's not just an issue with United. The supporters have proposed solutions time and time again but the club don't want to do anything about it.

Having a go at the people who pay your wages is unheard of in other walks of life. It would be more in his line to get the team playing a more attractive style to maybe give the fans something to get excited about.

I would have thought at the time of the anniversary those involved with the club should be UNITED.....not having to put up with more self serving bullshit from this cuckoo. Let him go manage Portsmouth if that's what he wants.