Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on December 13, 2017, 10:27:32 PM
Did not see it. How did Shaw play?
shaw was excellent I thought and got a good response when he came off late on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2017, 10:35:21 PM
Quote from: GJL on December 13, 2017, 10:27:32 PM
Did not see it. How did Shaw play?
shaw was excellent I thought and got a good response when he came off late on

Glad to hear that. There is a top class player in there somewhere.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on December 13, 2017, 10:23:05 PM
Mourinho said in post match conference that Baillys injury might be long term  :-\

Average performance on an average night.
Big loss if true the best defender United have IMO. As for tonight i suppose you could say a better result than last season when 10 man Bournemouth grabbed a draw in Old Trafford.

Maroon Manc

Shaw did ok, thought he was defending wasn't good enough on a couple of ocassion and he certainly has more to offer going forward but he's going in the right direction. I think we'd all prefer to see him playing over Darmian & Blind.

United were poor but this was a game like the Brighton game where we wouldn't have won last season. Surely everyone can see at this stage the difference Pogba makes?

McTominay did reasonably well, I'd much prefer him to start over Herrera; He gained more in confidence as the game went on, he's barely played any football the last 3/4 years because of injuries and his growth spurt but I think we've got a player who'll be around the club for years.

Another wasted year for the youth team, went out to Derby last night apparently very unlucky and were missing Angel Gomes but on paper its a really strong United team and shouldn't have been too far away from winning it.

NAG1

Yeah I think last night was one of those tick box games especially after the city game at the weekend.

I thought Mata did well again and always performs when called upon.

Agree with MM Pogba is a massive miss from the middle and he seems to bring the other players up a level even with his presence.

Whats the story with Miki? Havent heard any injury concerns (might be wrong) I thought he had done enough to prove himself to JM but it would appear not of late.

Baily big loss for sure, but Jones did have a decent game last night, even if he is a bit rash.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on December 14, 2017, 10:56:43 AM
Yeah I think last night was one of those tick box games especially after the city game at the weekend.

Agree with MM Pogba is a massive miss from the middle and he seems to bring the other players up a level even with his presence.

Whats the story with Miki? Havent heard any injury concerns (might be wrong) I thought he had done enough to prove himself to JM but it would appear not of late.

Baily big loss for sure, but Jones did have a decent game last night, even if he is a bit rash.

Mkhitaryan not injured according to journo's just well out of favour like this time last year. I reckon he'll be back in the frame for Bristol City next week. He's been a huge disappointment and had little impact this season, I was expecting him to shine this season but he clearly hasn't, he'll probably get another chance to save his United career but I have my doubts whether he has the right mentality to succeed at United.

I can see Blind, Darmian, Herrera, Mata & Mkhitaryan all been sold this summer if replacements are found.

GJL

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 14, 2017, 11:04:52 AM

Mkhitaryan not injured according to journo's just well out of favour like this time last year. I reckon he'll be back in the frame for Bristol City next week. He's been a huge disappointment and had little impact this season, I was expecting him to shine this season but he clearly hasn't, he'll probably get another chance to save his United career but I have my doubts whether he has the right mentality to succeed at United.

I can see Blind, Darmian, Herrera, Mata & Mkhitaryan all been sold this summer if replacements are found.

I agree on all except Mata. He should be kept as he is a solid squad player who can do a great job when required.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GJL on December 14, 2017, 11:31:50 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 14, 2017, 11:04:52 AM

I agree on all except Mata. He should be kept as he is a solid squad player who can do a great job when required.

I probably got carried away suggesting they'd all move on although it depends on whether he brings Ozil in. I'll be very surprised if United dont sign an attacking player with pace who can play in the no 10 role or out wide so that will mean the end for one of Mata or Mkhitaryan and if he brought Ozil in too it would be hard to keep one of them. Fellaini is out of contract too but I can see him staying for another 12 months.

stiffler

City players singing Park the bus Man Utd after their win yesterday. That's bound to wind Jose up to no ends. 
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

StGallsGAA

Quote from: stiffler on December 17, 2017, 11:09:23 AM
City players singing Park the bus Man Utd after their win yesterday. That's bound to wind Jose up to no ends.

When your clubs owners fund human rights abuses across the middle east and groups linked to ISIS you're living in glass houses!

Boycey

Ah comes around goes around, Utd fans taking it the way it should be with a couple of renditions of 'Park the bus' themselves in the 1st half.

Cunny Funt

Valencias hamstring gone, he will be another big loss for a busy festive period.

Captain Obvious

Another error on a set piece costs a goal. Rojo on for Valencia with that mistake.

StGallsGAA

Ground out the win. Time to bring Jonny home?

Milltown Row2

Hanging on to the coat tails of City, second is as good as fourth unfortunately! City would need to collapse or not turn up for anyone to get close
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea