Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 15, 2017, 09:56:54 PM
Rojo was useless until half way through this season. I don't see why United need to get rid of Smalling or Jones. It wasn't just last season that injuries and needing to rest guys meant United had to use emergency centre backs. I'd definitely hold on to both unless you can get a replacement. I think Lindelof was needed on top of what's there.

5 established centre backs plus Tuanzabe coming through is too much..

mouview

So, Smalling lacks mental strength, aggression, intensity; has a tendency to rugby tackle and hold opponents shirts; fails to cut out crosses he should reach. How has he lasted so long?   :)

NAG1

Quote from: mouview on June 16, 2017, 03:05:23 PM
So, Smalling lacks mental strength, aggression, intensity; has a tendency to rugby tackle and hold opponents shirts; fails to cut out crosses he should reach. How has he lasted so long?   :)

All of these being isolated instances over the course of a season or few seasons, but then he also in the middle of that shows his undoubted potential which is the frustrating thing as he does seem to be a decent enough lad.

nrico2006

Quote from: NAG1 on June 16, 2017, 03:09:09 PM
Quote from: mouview on June 16, 2017, 03:05:23 PM

All of these being isolated instances over the course of a season or few seasons, but then he also in the middle of that shows his undoubted potential which is the frustrating thing as he does seem to be a decent enough lad.

Aye, but potential is for young players.  Smalling is near 30.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Smalling has had his confidence undermined at every turn by Mourinho. Similar to Martial and Shaw. Their performances have suffered. They're not bad players, just need a manager with a less confrontational approach.

I see CR7 is leaving Real. Please. God. Please.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 16, 2017, 10:14:12 PM
Smalling has had his confidence undermined at every turn by Mourinho. Similar to Martial and Shaw. Their performances have suffered. They're not bad players, just need a manager with a less confrontational approach.

Thought it was the usual opera of using Utd to get himself an extra few quid at Real - in this case, for them to pay his tax bill. However, when even Marca (also known as Real Madrid Newspapers Ltd) are reporting that he's confirmed he's leaving to his Portuguese teammates, I think there might be something in it.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/06/16/59441202e5fdeaf80b8b4660.html

Syferus

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 16, 2017, 10:27:26 PM

Thought it was the usual opera of using Utd to get himself an extra few quid at Real - in this case, for them to pay his tax bill. However, when even Marca (also known as Real Madrid Newspapers Ltd) are reporting that he's confirmed he's leaving to his Portuguese teammates, I think there might be something in it.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/06/16/59441202e5fdeaf80b8b4660.html

Sounds like he might be pissed they didn't give him better taxation advice, and how they reportedly told newspapers to not show him in a Real jersey when covering the tax evasion story. He's always been a love-hate figure for Real fans and it seems to rub him up the wrong way.

Were he serious about leaving Man United would be one of the few clubs with the cash to get him as well as a fan base that still adores him in a way the Real fans never have.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Syferus on June 16, 2017, 10:37:47 PM

Sounds like he might be pissed they didn't give him better taxation advice, and how they reportedly told newspapers to not show him in a Real jersey when covering the tax evasion story. He's always been a love-hate figure for Real fans and it seems to rub him up the wrong way.

Were he serious about leaving Man United would be one of the few clubs with the cash to get him as well as a fan base that still adores him in a way the Real fans never have.

I also read somewhere that the club never advised/informed him of changes in Spanish law which affected his contract with them and contributed to some of the 15m he has to pay up. Haven't a clue if it's true or not.

If he does leave - and it's a big if - I think United would be one of the only places for him. I can't see him going to PSG, and I hope he wouldn't go to City or Chelsea. Only leaves United or Bayern in my opinion.

stew

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 16, 2017, 10:42:04 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 16, 2017, 10:37:47 PM

I also read somewhere that the club never advised/informed him of changes in Spanish law which affected his contract with them and contributed to some of the 15m he has to pay up. Haven't a clue if it's true or not.

If he does leave - and it's a big if - I think United would be one of the only places for him. I can't see him going to PSG, and I hope he wouldn't go to City or Chelsea. Only leaves United or Bayern in my opinion.

As fragile as he is between the ears he will go to United were the fans revere him like no other, Fergie will be wheeled out to convince him to come home and if he does go I really believe he will go to United.

Ronnie in red, instant title winners without question if he stays healthy, he is that good.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

StGallsGAA

As much as I'd like to see him banging them in for United again for a season or two I can't see it happening due to the ridiculous fee Real would want for a 32 yr old. Also Madrid are one of the most corrupt clubs in the world so expect they will "make this little problem go away" mafia style.

BennyCake

Ronaldo has a massive ego. All he cares about is being centre of attention, banging in more goals than Messi and winning the Ballon dor. He really does seen obsessed with winning that above anything else. The only way he can continue to do such things is at Real. He'll stay in Madrid 100%.

stew

Quote from: BennyCake on June 17, 2017, 11:15:53 PM
Ronaldo has a massive ego. All he cares about is being centre of attention, banging in more goals than Messi and winning the Ballon dor. He really does seen obsessed with winning that above anything else. The only way he can continue to do such things is at Real. He'll stay in Madrid 100%.

He is gone and on his way to OT )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyCake

Quote from: stew on June 18, 2017, 06:25:16 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 17, 2017, 11:15:53 PM

He is gone and on his way to OT )

We'll see.

gallsman

He's signing a new contract on a higher wage. Guaranteed. No chance he goes back to united.

Boycey

The oracle has spoken