Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Pogba gave glimpses last night of what he may be like in a decent team... him, Dembele and Mbappe ran circles around England especially in the 2nd half when France played with 10 men.

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on June 14, 2017, 06:57:21 AM
Pogba gave glimpses last night of what he may be like in a decent team... him, Dembele and Mbappe ran circles around England especially in the 2nd half when France played with 10 men.

He was very good last night. Its clear he needs quick,clever players in front of him as he is excellent as seeing first time passes through/behind the defense. As good as Zlatan was last year, these balls were never going to suit him.

Mbappe looks like he could be a monster. Still naive but his pace and directness is impressive

Boycey

At first glance at Uniteds fixture list looks better spread out than it did last season..

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on June 14, 2017, 02:13:26 PM
At first glance at Uniteds fixture list looks better spread out than it did last season..

Will this not all change around Boycey once the CL fixtures are inputted and fixtures get moved around to accommodate?

ashman

Quote from: TabClear on June 14, 2017, 10:08:20 AM
Quote from: Boycey on June 14, 2017, 06:57:21 AM

He was very good last night. Its clear he needs quick,clever players in front of him as he is excellent as seeing first time passes through/behind the defense. As good as Zlatan was last year, these balls were never going to suit him.

Mbappe looks like he could be a monster. Still naive but his pace and directness is impressive

England are awful.   The only drew with a poor enough Scottish side on Saturday in what was a dire game .

Boycey

Quote from: NAG1 on June 14, 2017, 02:14:52 PM

Will this not all change around Boycey once the CL fixtures are inputted and fixtures get moved around to accommodate?

Nah, obviously fixtures will change to early Saturday or Sundays depending on CL fixtures but the general order of fixtures seldom changes..

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on June 14, 2017, 02:32:46 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 14, 2017, 02:14:52 PM

Nah, obviously fixtures will change to early Saturday or Sundays depending on CL fixtures but the general order of fixtures seldom changes..

OK

NAG1

Anyone know much about Lindelof?

Seems to be a bit of chat today that Smalling is the fall guy to make room, I still would have had him ahead of Jones but maybe it is a case that Jones can play right back as cover saving his bacon?

Boycey

Quote from: NAG1 on June 14, 2017, 03:46:21 PM
Anyone know much about Lindelof?

Seems to be a bit of chat today that Smalling is the fall guy to make room, I still would have had him ahead of Jones but maybe it is a case that Jones can play right back as cover saving his bacon?

He's shit but if he'd signed for someone else he'd be a good bit of business and money well spent ;D

Seems to be a football playing centre half, able to play the ball out from the back. It'll be a strange departure for United to have 2 such players (Bailly) I'd expect Jones and Rojo to be the other 2 senior centre halves at the club. Smalling has threatened several times to be a really good centre back but it's time to cut him loose

nrico2006

Smalling and Jones have been there long enough without delivering.  But Smalling has done more than Jones and had a very good season 2 years ago.  I would get rid of Jones over Smalling. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2017, 04:04:01 PM
Smalling and Jones have been there long enough without delivering.  But Smalling has done more than Jones and had a very good season 2 years ago.  I would get rid of Jones over Smalling.

I would be tempted to do the same, but there is always that hope that Smalling could turn into the CB that his physique, power and pace should deliver. But as has been said he has been there a long time now and probably hasnt developed the way he should have.

nrico2006

Quote from: NAG1 on June 14, 2017, 04:09:04 PM

I would be tempted to do the same, but there is always that hope that Smalling could turn into the CB that his physique, power and pace should deliver. But as has been said he has been there a long time now and probably hasnt developed the way he should have.

Smalling just lacks aggression and intensity.  The other thing that frustrates me is the number of times he is caught out with crosses that go by him/over him (that he could have got to) that end up in goals.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stew

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2017, 04:34:06 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 14, 2017, 04:09:04 PM

Smalling just lacks aggression and intensity.  The other thing that frustrates me is the number of times he is caught out with crosses that go by him/over him (that he could have got to) that end up in goals.

Smallings problem is lack of mental strength, he switches off during games and gets badly caught out of position far too often.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyCake

The most frustrating thing about Smalling is the penalties hes gave away through rugby tackling and holding players shirts. There's plenty of times he gets away with it too. An absolute liability.

magpie seanie

Rojo was useless until half way through this season. I don't see why United need to get rid of Smalling or Jones. It wasn't just last season that injuries and needing to rest guys meant United had to use emergency centre backs. I'd definitely hold on to both unless you can get a replacement. I think Lindelof was needed on top of what's there.