Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

The problem last year was scoring goals alright, but getting a new striker in to replace Zlatan isn't going to necessarily solve that problem.  If a new striker comes in and does well (scoring 30 odd goals), we will still fall short here as he is simply replacing a striker who did that job, yet with Zlatan banging in the goals there was a shortage from the other players and that needs to be rectified.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

dclane

Quote from: Megaman on June 09, 2017, 07:34:14 AM
Looking more and more likely that Morata will be coming in soon.
The same was said about Griezmann!

nrico2006

Quote from: dclane on June 09, 2017, 10:41:47 AM
Quote from: Megaman on June 09, 2017, 07:34:14 AM
Looking more and more likely that Morata will be coming in soon.
The same was said about Griezmann!

Griezmann was looking likely to come but that was all hinging on Atletico being freed up to sign a replacement.  The appeal didn't go their way so that has put an end to that transfer.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Megaman

what he said.  Fair play to Griezman, showing loyalty to his club.

i think the Morata deal will be done at the start of next week

Read there is also a good chance they may buy belotti also.

Saying all that i dont believe the Griezman deal is finished, i believe Utd are doing some sort of deal involving a few clubs.

johnneycool

Rooney sitting tight at the theatre of dreams to pick up the big wad rather than take a substantial paycut and go to Everton....

Once a blue, always a blue/red/turd.

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnneycool on June 09, 2017, 02:25:04 PM
Rooney sitting tight at the theatre of dreams to pick up the big wad rather than take a substantial paycut and go to Everton....

Once a scouser......

GJL

Zlatan confirmed as gone. ☹️

Best of luck to him.

GJL

Victor Lindelof confirmed.

BennyCake

Quote from: GJL on June 10, 2017, 09:18:01 PM
Victor Lindelof confirmed.

He probably got locked up there by accident putting the Xmas tree away.

NAG1

Why wouldnt he, decent squad player and with the team being in the champions league there are going to be plenty of opportunities for game time I would say.

Id rather he stay around and see out his contract and then head off to the states or somewhere to finish his career than see him head back to Everton.

Megaman

totally agree and with everything he achieved at Utd i think he deserves to do so.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Megaman on June 12, 2017, 10:48:25 AM
totally agree and with everything he achieved at Utd i think he deserves to do so.

Should give Giggs and Bobby Charlton contracts too so.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 12, 2017, 04:00:34 PM
Quote from: Megaman on June 12, 2017, 10:48:25 AM

Should give Giggs and Bobby Charlton contracts too so.

Does Bobby not have a contract as a club ambassador?
Think Giggs did alright too

StGallsGAA

The latter refers to yourself i take it?  ???