Croke Park

Started by Dougal Maguire, August 05, 2017, 10:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

always go for the double number. kk or thereabouts is ideal as your right beside the entrance, great sightlines and well covered by the roof

Dougal Maguire

It's a disgrace that it's such a lottery. You have discovered on an Internet forum that your ticket, that you purchased in good faith, is for an uncovered seat.
Careful now

ziggysego

No matter what the weather, could be a really hot day, the disabled section in Croke Park is a bloody wind tunnel. Freezing up there.

Plus, there isn't a big enough drop in the row in front. Gits stand up and we see nothing.
Testing Accessibility

Boycey

If there was an Olympics for moaning we'd win gold every single time. It's Ireland, it rains sometimes, by a poncho for a couple of quid and get on with it ffs.

PW Nally

Quote from: ziggysego on August 06, 2017, 11:49:36 AM
No matter what the weather, could be a really hot day, the disabled section in Croke Park is a bloody wind tunnel. Freezing up there.

Plus, there isn't a big enough drop in the row in front. Gits stand up and we see nothing.
Section 400s for wheelchair users is just ticking off that you are providing for such users. Terrible place to watch games. At least old Croke park gave sideline location.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Boycey on August 06, 2017, 11:49:57 AM
If there was an Olympics for moaning we'd win gold every single time. It's Ireland, it rains sometimes, by a poncho for a couple of quid and get on with it ffs.
I don't accept that. If you bought something in a shop and it was substandard you'd complain and rightly so. I paid almost £130 for 4 tickets and found that they were substandard and we got soaked.
Careful now

Dinny Breen

Croke Park is just a shit venue period.
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 06, 2017, 12:26:19 PM
Croke Park is just a shit venue period.

What do you expect when it was designed by a Tyrone man?

More seriously, that's a bit harsh, but there is room for improvement, especially in the coffee.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Boycey

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 06, 2017, 12:07:03 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 06, 2017, 11:49:57 AM
I don't accept that. If you bought something in a shop and it was substandard you'd complain and rightly so. I paid almost £130 for 4 tickets and found that they were substandard and we got soaked.

I was at the All Ireland Final last year and had the best seats I ever had at a final, near the middle of the Cusack about 15 rows from the front. I got soaked, did I think they were substandard? Not on your nelly...

I accept an argument that someone sitting up in the Gods, particularly in the corners shouldn't pay as much as someone closer to the action but I'd prefer to sit in the rain than up there any day.

balladmaker

No issues with the pints I got behind 701 yesterday, I did decline the cheeseburger though when asked for 6 euro for it.  Row G in upper Cusack, we were completely dry, was an awful deluge towards the end of the first game. 

Agree that seats exposed to the elements should be reduced accordingly, or at least accompanied by a free poncho! But I'd say the majority of lower deck seats bar from KK onwards could be exposed depending on what direction the rain is coming down.

Would much prefer a lower deck seat vs an upper.  Game looks so different from above.

Jinxy

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 05, 2017, 10:47:31 PM
Stadium is a joke. First 20 rows in Hogan, dread to think what Cusack and Davin are like, are open to the elements yet cost the same price as those under cover. Catering a disgrace, flat beer, instant coffee and hugely overpriced

Oh, the humanity.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

GJL

Will there be family tickets for the semi finals?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Jinxy on August 06, 2017, 12:54:46 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 05, 2017, 10:47:31 PM
Stadium is a joke. First 20 rows in Hogan, dread to think what Cusack and Davin are like, are open to the elements yet cost the same price as those under cover. Catering a disgrace, flat beer, instant coffee and hugely overpriced

Oh, the humanity.

Its not the fact that it's instant, it's the fact that it's more expensive than what you'd pay a barista to make for you anywhere else. I have on many occasions defended the GAA on issues relating to finance but it's wrong to completely rip off your own people as soon as you get them inside the ground
Careful now

From the Bunker

Quote from: GJL on August 06, 2017, 01:06:03 PM
Will there be family tickets for the semi finals?

There will be a token limited amount for the Tyrone game away to Dublin.

omagh_gael

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 06, 2017, 11:18:38 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2017, 09:31:59 AM
I was in row V in the Lower Davin. Got very lucky in that the row in front us got a drenching and we escaped with splashes of rain water on our feet. That was a pretty intense shower at the end of our game.

Good to hear, I'm in row X tomorrow

In the Davin? Reason I ask is my mum was in row AA in Cusack and got a soaking. Depends on direction of wind I suppose.