Car Servicing/Maintaince

Started by GJL, August 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on April 12, 2016, 08:47:04 PM
I am looking for a Mercedes plug in sat nav module.
Any tips where I could get one at less than the £500 Isaac Agnew charge? Or advise whether, if I buy one on eBay, I could fit it myself (i.e just plug in) or would need to get a professional to do it.
I've tried googling for places in NI but no joy yet.
Thanks
Try Molloy's in Armagh as they deal primarily in Mercedes parts.

Rois

Hereiam

Lads what is the craic with a decent falla like myself from the 6 counties sellin my car to someone from the the free state. Do I need to supply any extra paper work with the car.

T Fearon

Rois,Mercedes sat nav? Did you get the Ulster GAA CEO post?😂

doodaa

Quote from: Hereiam on September 14, 2016, 09:14:54 PM
Lads what is the craic with a decent falla like myself from the 6 counties sellin my car to someone from the the free state. Do I need to supply any extra paper work with the car.

I don't think you, the seller, would have any additional paperwork to provide. There may be a separate section in your V5 to fill out as the car is being "exported" but it will be up to the Southern buyer to sort out VRT, NCT and all that jazz that is required of them.

EDIT; Found this which may be of help (not my words)

"If he is coming personally to pick up the car, then Cash in Pounds.

Have the V5 ready for him,

All he needs to do is sign the Green section 8 as the new keeper.

and Fill out and KEEP the green section 10 'New Keepers details'

All You fill out is green section 6 and the Blue section 11 Notification of permanent export

Note: All he takes with him is section 10 that is all he needs

You post off section 1-8 to the DVLA

Its all outlined in section 12 "

Hereiam

Hardy

Young lad has just been charged €620 for a clutch job on a Mazda 6. Seems a lot to me. Clutch kit should be about €200 max. €400 seems like barrister rates for labour. Should he be looking for a different mechanic?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Hardy on May 30, 2017, 10:53:28 AM
Young lad has just been charged €620 for a clutch job on a Mazda 6. Seems a lot to me. Clutch kit should be about €200 max. €400 seems like barrister rates for labour. Should he be looking for a different mechanic?

Depends on if he put a dual mass flywheel in as well as clutch
If he did it's pretty cheap
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Hardy

Avondhu star

Where exactly is this Free State you speak of?
I know her Majesty's subjects get poor education (which doesn't help given their low I.Q. anyway) but even they should know that the free state has been abolished
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Franko

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 30, 2017, 01:44:03 PM
Where exactly is this Free State you speak of?
I know her Majesty's subjects get poor education (which doesn't help giving their low I.Q. anyway) but even they should know that the free state has been abolished

;D

Who are they giving it to?

GJL

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 30, 2017, 12:19:43 PM
Quote from: Hardy on May 30, 2017, 10:53:28 AM

Depends on if he put a dual mass flywheel in as well as clutch
If he did it's pretty cheap

You could be into 6 hours labour at least and maybe a fair bit more. Some of those jap cars take a fair bit of stripping to remove the gearbox. Probably not far away price wise.

Hardy

Thanks lads. He was told the price by text when the mechanic texted that the car was ready. When he collected it he was told some other work had been done - some part of the gear selection mechanism and a track rod end. So not as bad as he thought.

Stevie Nicks

VW Passat, 2.0 TDi 2007, Fuel Pump leaking and sounds like Flywheel going >:(
Does anybody have a ball park figure, can't be good.

theskull1

I'd say 900-1000 low ball park (flywheel + clutch kit + water pump + labour)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera