Car Servicing/Maintaince

Started by GJL, August 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Stay below 110 kph and you'll be grand.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on August 03, 2013, 09:20:33 AM
I'm getting a vibration in the pedals and floor when I go above 110km/hr
No vibration in steering wheel so I'm assuming it isn't a wheel balancing problem.
Also when I put the foot down to pass a car on the motorway it gets slightly worse and it feels like the engine is labouring.
Any ideas?

Get rid of the Beach Boys CD for starters  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Can anyone who isn't a smart arse help me with my question!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theskull1

I'm guessing MR

Engine or transmission mounts have worn/failed. Might be something in the rear suspension. Would recommend visiting a forum on your car to see if its a common issue that's been root caused.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Did the wheels come off the wagon today MR?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

my wee lad turned on the  lights inside car. i never noticed and they drained the battery. i have used jump leads to start it but it just drains out again a few afters after i turn car off.  ihave checked and doesnt seem to be anything else other than  those internal lights that i have since turned off 
do i need to charge battery? or do i need a new battery?

GJL

Quote from: snoopdog on August 15, 2013, 06:05:39 PM
my wee lad turned on the  lights inside car. i never noticed and they drained the battery. i have used jump leads to start it but it just drains out again a few afters after i turn car off.  ihave checked and doesnt seem to be anything else other than  those internal lights that i have since turned off 
do i need to charge battery? or do i need a new battery?

Take it for a 30 minute drive to let the battery charge itself.

snoopdog

cheers . will do that this evening

StephenC

GJL (or anyone else) ... what's the verdict on the 1.4D Fabia II's? Thinking of one for the missus - maybe 09/10 territory.

GJL

It it basically a 1.4 TDI VW polo so how bad could it be. Go for it IMO.

theskull1

Quote from: StephenC on August 15, 2013, 10:51:46 PM
GJL (or anyone else) ... what's the verdict on the 1.4D Fabia II's? Thinking of one for the missus - maybe 09/10 territory.

My mechanic wouldn't recommend a diesel for lots of town driving.

StephenC

Quote from: GJL on August 15, 2013, 11:27:45 PM
It it basically a 1.4 TDI VW polo so how bad could it be. Go for it IMO.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Good man.

Quote from: theskull1 on August 15, 2013, 11:55:36 PM
Quote from: StephenC on August 15, 2013, 10:51:46 PM

My mechanic wouldn't recommend a diesel for lots of town driving.

She has a ~30 mile daily commute so I reckon the diesel will do the job.

Milltown Row2

Just changed the indicator light bulb on the Megane, was mental!! Holy fcuk Megane tried there best to get me to go to the garage to change a light bulb!! I wasn't beat........ Took me over an hour ffs

armaghniac

As someone pointed out, in France you have to carry spare lightbulbs, but in French made cars you nearly can't change one without dismantling the car!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B