Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 16, 2017, 10:01:11 AM
12 quid into that pish
The sooner some man changes the mindset in Tyrone football the better. Good players are becoming robots. The u21 final was twice the game

most of the club championship this year has been good... you're right as far as county team goes.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: rrhf on October 16, 2017, 08:15:53 AM
Pomeroy and Trillick will be looking to next year already. Time for new blood at the final.

Trillick won the title 2 years ago???
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Dire Ear

12 quid into that pish
The sooner some man changes the mindset in Tyrone football the better. Good players are becoming robots. The u21 final was twice the game
Said this months ago;  the footballing talent is being trained out of our players

Under Lights

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 16, 2017, 10:04:10 AM
12 quid into that pish

It was the lack of quality that made it so poor to watch rather than the defensive setups I thought.
A huge amount of handling errors, cheap turnovers and bad wides from both sides.

Are you saying that the two clubs that made it to the premier championship final in our county have a lack of quality?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Under Lights on October 16, 2017, 11:05:26 AM
12 quid into that pish

It was the lack of quality that made it so poor to watch rather than the defensive setups I thought.
A huge amount of handling errors, cheap turnovers and bad wides from both sides.

Are you saying that the two clubs that made it to the premier championship final in our county have a lack of quality?

I am saying the game had  a surprising lack of quality.
This might have been just down to an under performance from the teams on the day, nerves or whatever, but in general it was low quality stuff apart from a couple of good scores.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Club boi

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 16, 2017, 11:08:34 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 16, 2017, 11:05:26 AM
12 quid into that pish

I am saying the game had  a surprising lack of quality.
This might have been just down to an under performance from the teams on the day, nerves or whatever, but in general it was low quality stuff apart from a couple of good scores.

Kilcar won Donegal 0-7 to 0-4 and going by reports it was a dreadful game
Armagh Harps beat Maghery and again a few who watched it on Armagh TV (Fantastic Service) said it wasnt a good game either

Finals are there to be Won. Do you think Omagh care this morning it was a poor spectacle??

Omagh better team all around. Better spread of Quality ballers. Errigal depended too much on Peter Harte

So yes the Best Team in Tyrone (this year) won the Championship

In hiding

Not a great game yesterday but a great result. Obviously another step up in two weeks but anything is possible with these lads.

The Trap

Poor final in good conditions. Omagh always looked likely winners despite errigle having goal chances. They need darragh caravan quickly as you can't rely on a Peter/Davy Harte forward line.
Omagh have the physicality for this time of the year and can give slaughneil a great game. Again though they are lacking scoring threat and this could be their downfall.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 02, 2017, 11:28:16 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 25, 2017, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 22, 2017, 02:59:25 PM
Derrylaughan v Eglish
Moy v Cookstown
Aghyaran v Eskra
Gortin v Kildress

Clean Sweep!!!

Derrylaughan v Aghyaran
Moy v Gortin

6 Predictions on the bounce.  Now for the final 2

Moy v Derrylaughan

Omagh v Errigal

Not a bad run of predictions, Unfortunately I didn't invest a bean.  Wonder what the accumulator paid  ;D ;D
Living the dream!!!

Onthe40

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Onthe40 on October 17, 2017, 12:56:19 PM
Can Omagh beat Slaughtneil then?

I think Slaughtneil will be comfortable here. Much better side than the team that beat Omagh in the Ulster final. Slaughtneil by 5-6.

GJL

Can't see it. I watched Slaughtneil a few times last year and they are a level above anything in Tyrone. Serious outfit that are extremely well drilled. They did loose a couple of players on Sunday though to red cards so you never know.

Good luck to Omagh though..

tiempo

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 17, 2017, 12:57:36 PM

I think Slaughtneil will be comfortable here. Much better side than the team that beat Omagh in the Ulster final. Slaughtneil by 5-6.

Slaughtneil hurling this weekend then Omagh the weekend after? Could have an impact.

Clearly they have mastered their scheduling of running both teams but Omagh will be well aware of this and should go at them hammer and tong with a view to catching them down the stretch especially if able to call on Justy, McCarron, Grugan, McAnulla, O'Neill, others?... and as you said are Slaughtneil going to be missing any due to red card in the Kilcoo game?

Should be a humdinger, especially with the 2014 Ulster Final to avenge.

The Golden Years

On reflection the only surprise about Sundays result is how Omagh didnt win by far more?  Errigal are an average team.  They got to the final by beating three teams in the lower half of the league and struggled to beat two of them. 

GJL

Quote from: The Golden Years on October 17, 2017, 01:20:25 PM
On reflection the only surprise about Sundays result is how Omagh didnt win by far more?  Errigal are an average team.  They got to the final by beating three teams in the lower half of the league and struggled to beat two of them.

Would an average team not be mid-table as opposed to being clear at the top?