Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Nally Stand would be empty in Omagh how many people watch the game behind goals.Omagh is the only place for county finals.Tattyreagh must have done something  to annoy CCC 2 county finals in a row being played outside the countys premier venue.

clarshack

with the IFC final now in Carrickmore it could be a bad omen for the Moy. for some reason their last final in 2008 was played in Carrickmore and not Omagh, and they were beaten that day by Trillick. also their previous IFC final appearance before that was against  Clann Na nGael in 1998 and i'm pretty sure they were beaten in Carrickmore that day as well.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: skeog on October 02, 2017, 09:28:00 AM
Nally Stand would be empty in Omagh how many people watch the game behind goals.Omagh is the only place for county finals.Tattyreagh must have done something  to annoy CCC 2 county finals in a row being played outside the countys premier venue.
Personally if i was playing in the intermediate/junior double header i would prefer it in carrickmore.
It will be a full house with a great atmosphere.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Onthe40

Quote from: clarshack on October 02, 2017, 09:46:17 AM
with the IFC final now in Carrickmore it could be a bad omen for the Moy. for some reason their last final in 2008 was played in Carrickmore and not Omagh, and they were beaten that day by Trillick. also their previous IFC final appearance before that was against  Clann Na nGael in 1998 and i'm pretty sure they were beaten in Carrickmore that day as well.

Would Derrylaughan not be viewed as favorites anyway?

skeog

Not good enough on the day in regard to Moy and be same again next week.

GJL

Redhand Santa

Other than the stand and press box there's not much premier about it. Very open and given the size leads to a poor enough atmosphere for club games without big crowds and the pitch is always heavy.

Redhand Santa

Think that is correct though they've won two games there this year. Not sure the venue will have a huge impact either way. Wouldn't say there is too much between the teams, would imagine it'll be a close competitive game.

HealyHellRaiser

County Final will be in Omagh IMO. It has the best facilities regarding changing rooms and warm up area. It is fully fit for purpose with the crowds. Every player looks forward to the crowd and pressure coming down from the stand. Its the only Venue fir for purpose.

I heard murmurs that Omagh didn't want to play in Pomeroy and told the CCC that is the game went ahead in Pomeroy that they would pull Healy Park for Junior and intermediate finals. Interesting times ahead to see if Senior Final will go ahead in Healy.

Cant see Carrickmore taking much more. It looked very slippy in yesterdays game and don't think it has fully recovered from Dromore and Clonoe game weekend.
I suppose time will tell!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on October 02, 2017, 10:13:17 AM
County Final will be in Omagh IMO. It has the best facilities regarding changing rooms and warm up area. It is fully fit for purpose with the crowds. Every player looks forward to the crowd and pressure coming down from the stand. Its the only Venue fir for purpose.

I heard murmurs that Omagh didn't want to play in Pomeroy and told the CCC that is the game went ahead in Pomeroy that they would pull Healy Park for Junior and intermediate finals. Interesting times ahead to see if Senior Final will go ahead in Healy.

Cant see Carrickmore taking much more. It looked very slippy in yesterdays game and don't think it has fully recovered from Dromore and Clonoe game weekend.
I suppose time will tell!

While i agree that Pomeroy isnt fit for purpose for these games, that is ridiculous that Omagh try and hold the county board to ransom like that (if that is indeed true)

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tothetop03

am no fan of Omagh....but why would County Final not be in Omagh every County senior final has been in Omagh from 1998 as far as i am aware...

In hiding

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 02, 2017, 09:59:12 AM

Other than the stand and press box there's not much premier about it. Very open and given the size leads to a poor enough atmosphere for club games without big crowds and the pitch is always heavy.

Changing rooms would be slightly better that pomeroy or carrickmore too. 🤔

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 25, 2017, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 22, 2017, 02:59:25 PM
Derrylaughan v Eglish
Moy v Cookstown
Aghyaran v Eskra
Gortin v Kildress

Clean Sweep!!!

Derrylaughan v Aghyaran
Moy v Gortin

6 Predictions on the bounce.  Now for the final 2

Moy v Derrylaughan

Omagh v Errigal
Living the dream!!!

southtyronegael

would carrickmore hold 10000? 3 stands full last night and a good few standing on terraces. anyone hear a figure on last nights attendance? id say 6000 easy?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Onthe40 on October 02, 2017, 09:48:22 AM

Would Derrylaughan not be viewed as favorites anyway?

Yeah heavy favorites at that