The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 05, 2017, 10:32:44 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 05, 2017, 07:08:41 PM
3-1 win. Woodburn and Solanke with the second half goals.
Second half was more interesting as the young lads were on display. Woodburn is the real deal. Kent wasn't bad.

The best part was a young lad running across the pitch to get a selfie with Mane. Stewards nabbed him!
Were you at it?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on August 05, 2017, 10:53:20 PM
Second half was more interesting as the young lads were on display. Woodburn is the real deal. Kent wasn't bad.

The best part was a young lad running across the pitch to get a selfie with Mane. Stewards nabbed him!
Were you at it?
Yes with the middle son. It was alright but it's a friendly with the league a week away so nobody really getting stuck in. Not the big boys in the first half anyway.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 06, 2017, 12:10:33 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 05, 2017, 10:53:20 PM

Were you at it?
Yes with the middle son. It was alright but it's a friendly with the league a week away so nobody really getting stuck in. Not the big boys in the first half anyway.
I was there myself. If I knew you were I going I'd have met you for a pint.

GJL

Looks like Coutinho wants to blow town. Can Liverpool hold on to him?

Minder

Quote from: GJL on August 07, 2017, 04:19:18 PM

Nah
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SHEEDY

Virgil van dijk hands in transfer request at saints. Between liverpool and chelsea to sign him I reckon. Chelsea probably favourites to land him.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on August 07, 2017, 05:23:36 PM
Quote from: GJL on August 07, 2017, 04:19:18 PM

Nah
If he wants to go let him go.

J70

Van Dijk has handed in a transfer request.

I'm assuming that opens the door for Liverpool to make a (legal) approach?

On Coutinho, I'll be surprised if he doesn't go, especially if he is personally very keen on the idea. After all, FSG's stated modus operandi on taking over the club was to buy relatively cheap, promising players and sell them on at a profit. They've done it with Suarez and Sterling. Coutinho would be the crowning achievement of that approach, having been bought for only 8 million.

However, one would hope that they'd want to take the step to the next level now, having finally managed to scrape back into the Champions League? Given how cutthroat the race for a top four spot is now, allowing one of your most important players to leave, with three weeks left in the transfer window,  would not be a good indicator of their intentions. Whatever they decide, I hope its done this week. No point in dragging this out.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 07, 2017, 05:27:29 PM
Virgil van dijk hands in transfer request at saints. Between liverpool and chelsea to sign him I reckon. Chelsea probably favourites to land him.

Let's sit back and count how many times Liverpool can f**k things up in one transfer window  ;D ;D

heganboy

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 07, 2017, 06:00:08 PM
Let's sit back and count how many times Liverpool can f**k things up in one transfer window  ;D ;D

oh God, please don't, that would be hard to take
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

mackers

Jamie Carragher had plenty to say about Coutinho last night on Sky.  He seemed to think he would give Liverpool another year.  He reckons that Coutinho shouldn't be looked upon as a replacement for Neymar as he's not a similar player.  Barcelona should look at him as a replacement for Iniesta (who is giving Barcelona another year apparently) who he reckoned Coutinho is similar to. Made sense to me anyway!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteBarcelona have reached an agreement with Liverpool to sign Philippe Coutinho after the Brazilian put pressure on the Premier League club to let him leave, sources close to the Catalan club told ESPN Deportes' Jordi Blanco.

Coutinho is set to join Barca for a base fee of €90 million (£81.6m), with bonuses that could bring the deal to €120m (£108.8m), as the Catalan club begin to spend the €222m they received from Paris Saint-Germain for Neymar last week.

A delegation from Barcelona headed up by chief executive Oscar Grau travelled to Liverpool on Monday night to finalise the negotiation, sources said.

The Brazilian midfielder told Liverpool earlier in the day that he wanted to leave and join Barcelona, sources close to the player have told ESPN Brasil.

brokencrossbar1

ESPN Brazil wouldn't be the most reliable!!

gawa316

Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_  5h5 hours ago
More
A reminder of #LFC's stance on Phil Coutinho this summer:
"Not for sale"
"No other interpretation of that"
Barca "can save their energy"

heganboy

there's a lot of smoke here...

Is there a fire?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity