The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Makes you wonder where tonight's performance came from, considering the game played at weekend....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Flanagans tackle on sterling in the first minute set the tone and tempo for the game.
Excellent all round performance.
I thought Can was class tonight.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GJL

BOOM! lol. Hard not to like him.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 02, 2016, 10:01:09 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 02, 2016, 09:50:26 PM
Quote from: Armamike on March 02, 2016, 09:41:12 PM
Great performance. Great pressing. Up for it tonight. Lallana surprisingly very good.
In a week where it was reported he may be one of the players to get the hook in the summer he puts in one of his best performances... Coincidence..

Very good night for the Pool.. Only 6 points off 4th  ;)

With a game in hand too!  Great performance all round. Couldn't fault any of them, even benteke did well when he came on. Lallana, Milner, Firmino, Scouse Cafu and Can'the thoroughbred Stallion' all put in serious good performances. Anytime Kolo starts we win or draw, think it's something like 7 wins and 4 draws. Give him another year.

Connor Wickham hat trick to beat us at the weekend then I take it!

Don't get too carried away. City have played 27 games as well as Liverpool.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Hound

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 02, 2016, 11:30:57 PM
Flanagans tackle on sterling in the first minute set the tone and tempo for the game.
Excellent all round performance.
I thought Can was class tonight.
There was also a brilliant reaction from Henderson in the background after Flanno walloped Sterling. The tackle gave a great early lift to the team

Keyser soze

Quote from: beer baron on March 02, 2016, 10:14:03 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 02, 2016, 09:17:51 PM
Klopp's heavy metal football on show tonight.
Fantastic stuff from Liverpool

;D yeah the league title is in the bag....  ;)

Nordies  ::)

The Stallion

I've been cringing at all the Liverpool fans I've heard seriously suggesting they could challenge for the title next season.

How did they get so deluded?

trueblue1234

You should be cringing alright.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

deiseach

Liverpool have a game in hand on most teams and can still get to 74 points. Screw it, this year is our year!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on March 03, 2016, 12:28:29 PM
Liverpool have a game in hand on most teams and can still get to 74 points. Screw it, this year is our year!

I think that 69-70 will secure 4th spot this year.  Any of the teams from City down to us could make that(if we win our game in hand) if they go on a consistent run.  City are in a bt of a freefall in terms of the league but they have it in them if they want to and it is theirs to lose.  Of the rest Stoke just are not quite there yet,  WHU may focus on the FA Cup if the beat United.  I think it will ultimately be between us and the 2 Manchester teams. 

deiseach

Finishing 4th? I meant winning the title!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on March 03, 2016, 12:39:01 PM
Finishing 4th? I meant winning the title!

f**k you're right,  it's on!!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 03, 2016, 12:36:12 PM

I think that 69-70 will secure 4th spot this year.  Any of the teams from City down to us could make that(if we win our game in hand) if they go on a consistent run.  City are in a bt of a freefall in terms of the league but they have it in them if they want to and it is theirs to lose.  Of the rest Stoke just are not quite there yet,  WHU may focus on the FA Cup if the beat United.  I think it will ultimately be between us and the 2 Manchester teams.

Arsenals remaining away games are at Spurs, Everton, West Ham, Sunderland & City, thats a very tough set of fixtures although their home games look easy on paper. I think we'll know inside the next 3 games whether Arsenal are in serious fight for the top 4. Given how poor United & Liverpool have both this season its going to take a huge uptake in consistency to make the top 4 and I don't see that happening. Liverpool would need 9 wins and 2 draws from 11 games to get 70 points or 10 wins, that would be some run. 

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 03, 2016, 02:51:00 PM

Arsenals remaining away games are at Spurs, Everton, West Ham, Sunderland & City, thats a very tough set of fixtures although their home games look easy on paper. I think we'll know inside the next 3 games whether Arsenal are in serious fight for the top 4. Given how poor United & Liverpool have both this season its going to take a huge uptake in consistency to make the top 4 and I don't see that happening. Liverpool would need 9 wins and 2 draws from 11 games to get 70 points or 10 wins, that would be some run.

So you're saying there's a chance! It's on  ;D

deiseach

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 03, 2016, 02:54:31 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 03, 2016, 02:51:00 PM

So you're saying there's a chance! It's on  ;D

(You set 'em up, Geoff...which is more than be said for Benteke.)