Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localexpert

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 29, 2018, 03:50:09 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on October 29, 2018, 03:38:54 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 29, 2018, 02:52:31 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 29, 2018, 11:10:35 AM
Quote from: Delegater on October 29, 2018, 10:50:03 AM
Club Chairman: "We are on the lookout for a manager, you come highly recommended. You guided your county to successive relegations, have took some of the biggest clubs throughout Ulster winning diddly squat, you are looking over £25k, what can you bring to our club that will help not only this team but the club as whole?"

Well travelled manager "Well I will get the team playing like thugs, we will start rows at every opportunity. If that doesn't work I have enough contacts to get onto other teams to get points threw to us. I will get a solicitor involved with the team, anyone criticises me or the club will get a letter. The CB will get a letter telling them their rules for relegation are challengeable."

Club Chairman: "Hired!"

;D ;D ;D ;D

Young Barton - Hes a complete con man that gets paid a fortune for doing sweet FA.  Fair play to him he keeps finding fools with cash to throw at him.  Be interesting to see will the dork keep him on another year after the unbelievable success he delivered on the last day of the season.

Careful now.... when I was keeping edendork going there were men on here losing the plot.  I also received a  solicitors cease and desist letter from them  ::)

On a side note what way are these money men taking money from clubs these days is it on a yearly salary or by session?  I'd imagine Barton would know edendork would bend the knee too readily to win the championship so would go for a fixed salary whereas that mercenary from fermanagh would probably go by session as they'd have a chance of playing Ulster club so more chance for more sessions and to throw in a few extra Sunday sessions.

Either way do they still collect their "expenses" for the last week "volunteering" their time to the GAA?

Can I make a suggestion, you should go and ask your chairman what he organised with your last few managers. He will b able to give the details that your after

The local expert has bigger problems from what I hear - men are going through each others phones in the island looking him.

The net closes....I think his Soviet friend knows his identity.

Thank God my parents still have the dial up internet desktop computer  ;D

Found out who Soviet was last week  ;)

Localexpert

Club Chairman: "We are on the lookout for a manager, you come highly recommended. You guided your county to successive relegations, have took some of the biggest clubs throughout Ulster winning diddly squat, you are looking over £25k, what can you bring to our club that will help not only this team but the club as whole?"

Well travelled manager "Well I will get the team playing like thugs, we will start rows at every opportunity. If that doesn't work I have enough contacts to get onto other teams to get points threw to us. I will get a solicitor involved with the team, anyone criticises me or the club will get a letter. The CB will get a letter telling them their rules for relegation are challengeable."

;D ;D ;D ;D

Young Barton - Hes a complete con man that gets paid a fortune for doing sweet FA.  Fair play to him he keeps finding fools with cash to throw at him.  Be interesting to see will the dork keep him on another year after the unbelievable success he delivered on the last day of the season.

Careful now.... when I was keeping edendork going there were men on here losing the plot.  I also received a  solicitors cease and desist letter from them  ::)

On a side note what way are these money men taking money from clubs these days is it on a yearly salary or by session?  I'd imagine Barton would know edendork would bend the knee too readily to win the championship so would go for a fixed salary whereas that mercenary from fermanagh would probably go by session as they'd have a chance of playing Ulster club so more chance for more sessions and to throw in a few extra Sunday sessions.

Either way do they still collect their "expenses" for the last week "volunteering" their time to the GAA?

Can I make a suggestion, you should go and ask your chairman what he organised with your last few managers. He will b able to give the details that your after

Says the guy from the club needing to sell tickets as far as cork to pay their recent managers  ;)

Soviet Unionist

;D ;D ;D ;D

The local expert has bigger problems from what I hear - men are going through each others phones in the island looking him.

The KGB always gets there man.

Soviet Unionist

Quote from: Localexpert on October 29, 2018, 04:38:47 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank God my parents still have the dial up internet desktop computer  ;D

Found out who Soviet was last week  ;)

Ok Comrade who do you think I am?

Dee2018

From a galbally point of view it's obviously disappointing getting relegated on the final day. But we have a very young team (9 of the starting 15 yesterday played for the u21 team of last year) and maybe a year in division 2 could be what's needed

Delegater

Quote from: Dee2018 on October 29, 2018, 06:48:33 PM
From a galbally point of view it's obviously disappointing getting relegated on the final day. But we have a very young team (9 of the starting 15 yesterday played for the u21 team of last year) and maybe a year in division 2 could be what's needed

Took long enough getting out of it the last time. For the talented crop they need the better quality div 1 rather than slogging it out in div 2.

Soviet Unionist

Quote from: Delegater on October 29, 2018, 06:54:24 PM
Quote from: Dee2018 on October 29, 2018, 06:48:33 PM

Took long enough getting out of it the last time. For the talented crop they need the better quality div 1 rather than slogging it out in div 2.

You a Stalinist?

HalfBack7

McNamee off travelling for a few months. Massive loss to Aghyaran for their playoff.

ONeill

Quote from: Onthe40 on October 29, 2018, 10:01:11 AM

Derrytresk no points....tough place for them trying to lift things for next year...has that ever happened before?

Probably go unbeaten.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on October 29, 2018, 02:46:16 PM
Quote from: trailer on October 29, 2018, 02:21:44 PM
Games being fixed is as old as the hills. I'm sure teams who didn't benefit this time, have benefited before. Hard to know what to do about it. Didn't Ardboe throw a league game before the championship? Finishing the league before the championship might not be the silver bullet everyone thinks it is.
Reserve leagues looks to be a dead duck. Every game in the last round conceded. This is worrying. If numbers dwindle that teams can't field reserve teams and the fixture mess keeps going, the whole thing could end up in the skip.

Not entirely accurate - Augher and Owen Roes played both games yesterday - credit to Owen Roes for travelling with two teams when both teams had nothing to play for.  Also a pretty hard hitting competitive Senior game for a dead rubber.

Maybe it's me but I cannot understand how Clubs struggle to get 13 men out at this stage of the season. There are no demands to train and it's a case of get out and have a bit of craic. I think at times it's somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy that reserve games are cancelled at this time of the year.

I was delighted that our reserves got out and traveled to Augher yesterday and to Eglish two weeks back. Without getting too carried away, but games is mostly the whole point.

In addition it gave our fringe senior players game time as a reward for their training and it gave a few young cubs more minutes at adult level. We are far from Tyrone's biggest Club (Not a small Club Niall Keyes) but that's two years in a row we had the numbers and the will to field at every single senior and reserve game.

Fair play to Augher too. Firstly getting a reserve side out and secondly having the balls and stomach to field at senior level in a competitive contest after last week's disappointment.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

To be fair to killyclogher a lot of their employees had annual leave that they needed to use up before the end of the year so weren't available last weekend. Players could hardly play well with the skeleton staff they have available to prep them

LeoMc

I was looking at the GAA pitch finder site and i noticed an pitch marked in Clonoe parish with no team name linked to it.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1sybN8GPWHSjDkNk_G4zuGxP2V7Q&ll=54.53168875908932%2C-6.636500014091325&z=12

It was just over the Washingbay road from Clonoe but is almost equidistant (as the crow flies) from Clonoe, Derrytresk and Derrylaughans main pitch. Whose is it?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: LeoMc on October 30, 2018, 07:36:22 AM
I was looking at the GAA pitch finder site and i noticed an pitch marked in Clonoe parish with no team name linked to it.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1sybN8GPWHSjDkNk_G4zuGxP2V7Q&ll=54.53168875908932%2C-6.636500014091325&z=12

It was just over the Washingbay road from Clonoe but is almost equidistant (as the crow flies) from Clonoe, Derrytresk and Derrylaughans main pitch. Whose is it?

Naomh Colum Cille a hurling club
Living the dream!!!

marty34

I think if you click on it club name should come up - maybe Killyman?

LeoMc

Cheers. Never thought of NCC. Every other club had a pin so the name came up without clicking.