All Ireland Football Final Tickets

Started by Dinny Breen, August 12, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All Ireland 2019 Dublin v Kerry

I am neutral and would pay €90 if offered a ticket
35 (25.4%)
I am neutral and would not pay €90 if offered a ticket
85 (61.6%)
I am from a competing county and would have no problem paying €90 if offered a ticket
14 (10.1%)
I am from a competing county and would reluctantly pay €90 if offered a ticket
2 (1.4%)
I am from a competing county and can't afford to bring the family and don't want to go alone.
2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Voting closed: September 01, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

easytiger95

BTW, I have a ticket sorted already for the final, so I won't be scurrying around as usual. If I hear of any going spare, I'll post up on this thread - but I really think that when the dust settles from this weekend and people start getting their head around Dublin v Kerry with the five in a row at stake, that they will be hanging from the rafters.

Rossfan

Some Hurley final tickets on general sale this afternoon.
Wouldn't have happened if Wexford or Limerick were involved.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

general

joemamas

I live overseas and this will be the first one I will not go to since 2010.
Why pay a lot to see an uncompetitive game, with one result.
Btw, I was there on Saturday and Sunday last, and the games four weekends ago.
I truly believe that the 33,500 attendance last week was a clear message to the GAA, who most likely will ignore it. 

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2019, 04:44:41 PM

Same happened for the last Tipp v Kilkenny final. Was the general sale online or in the counties?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: joemamas on August 13, 2019, 05:02:21 PM
I live overseas and this will be the first one I will not go to since 2010.
Why pay a lot to see an uncompetitive game, with one result.
Btw, I was there on Saturday and Sunday last, and the games four weekends ago.
I truly believe that the 33,500 attendance last week was a clear message to the GAA, who most likely will ignore it.

They'll ignore it this year surely, maybe even next year. They'll pray Dublin get derailed....if not....panic, badly*

*By Panic Badly I mean drop prices by 5 Euro.

Rossfan

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 13, 2019, 05:10:15 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2019, 04:44:41 PM

Same happened for the last Tipp v Kilkenny final. Was the general sale online or in the counties?
Online I'd say probably sent back by the 2 Counties?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: easytiger95 on August 13, 2019, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2019, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 12, 2019, 12:23:35 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2019, 11:41:47 AM
I don't think I will go to another final until the GAA deals with the Dublin funding issue
The competition is a joke.

I'd love to hear the real reasons why county managers resigned in 2019.

Why aren't Dublin winning all the minor and U20 titles? Everyone is ignoring the most critical reason for their success in my eyes - Jim Gavin and his backroom team. Similar to Alex Ferguson at Manchester United in another sport he just keeps serial winners ravenously hungry for further success. When he deems you're past your sell by date you're gone and replaced. Like Manchester United, Dublin never wanted for resources. They lacked proper leadership. Remember the pre-Gavin era whae Dublin were loud mouthed, goading, scoreboard pointing losers?

Of course the financial investment has improved Dublin GAA and increased participation rates. Has it really improved their senior football team? I'm not so sure. Participation rates have increased in Dublin but still lag behind the national average so population is far, far more of a factor than the caoching money.

Huge sponsorship (which was always there) has paid for the massive backroom team. I'd have way more issue with the sponsorship and the money that's spent on their county team(s). THAT's the truly unfair advantage. It'll never happen but there should be a cap on what can be spent on county teams and a central pool for sponsorship monies with every county getting an even share. If Dublin had no one to play would their sponsors pump the money in? Of course not so I think THIS is the area of real imbalance. Sugar Daddy sponsors would also have to come under the "sponsorship" umbrella. That's if we want to have a level playing field.

they don't care about underage or the League

Kevin McStay :

"They empty out pockets, go on dummy runs. They will make 50-metre runs just to get a short kickout – and often won't get the ball at all. Sooner or later the tracker gets tired and switches off, and then the openings come. After that, as happened to Roscommon, the floodgates open."

Irish Times
"The sight of a once vicious rivalry surviving on life support is the GAA's primetime product on the third weekend of June in 2019."

You can add the second weekend of August to that

manfromdelmonte
"Dubs skill level is much higher than most teams
Kick with both feet, pass off either hand, step off either foot
Plus maximise every advantage going - 3/4 steps extra while bouncing the ball, cutting in front of chasing player while soloing or running, setting screens to get space to shoot.
All highly coachable"

Irish Times

"But if there was a moment that symbolised the state of the game, it was  Angus Lyons, making his Primrose debut, surrounded by seven blue shirts and relieved off the ball. Jonny Cooper helped him up off the ground as the blue shirts sprinted across the savannah. They led by 2-21 to 0-11 at the time and were growing stronger by the second. The message was clear. Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

"sooner or later Dublin will identify an excellent replacement candidate and will bring through complete players that we haven't heard of.
Brian Howard and Eoin Murchan just came into the senior team as the fully achieved thing. It seemed like these guys walked in off the street but, of course, they didn't. And there are many more like them waiting in the wings."

It's a system designe for Dublin. f**k competition

My cousin was on the u 20 panel this year. Try telling him in the aftermath that we weren't taking it seriously.

As for the League, we've won 5 of the last 7, and what marked us out from our predecessors was taking a leaf from Cody and Kilkenny, and recognising the importance of using being as competitive as possible in the League as a springboard for champo. In fact, one of the only facts the handicappers had to mark us down this year was that we hadn't won the League.

But don't let facts outweigh your opinions, whatever you do...

In terms of the system they don't, ET.
This year the League was sacrificed for the 5 in a row.

I imagine that they can't leverage Dublin's population advantage to the same extent underage - the skills development seems to take too long.
Can't get 80% shot/score ratios at under 17. What do you think? 

Minor wins in Leinster in the funding era is nothing special
2003, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017.

Kerry have dominated minor recently

u21/20 situation in Leinster is closer to senior level

2002, 2003, 2005, 2009. 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019

But All Irelands are still fairly open

Senior in Leinster is a procession
2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Some things are only possible at senior level where the population and skill advantage can be maximised.  5 minute hand-passing drills back and forth to take the sting out of the game after scoring a key goal, for example.
Underage coaches want to win of course but they don't have total spectrum dominance.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Over the years, I always wanted Dublin beaten. Now, I sort of want to see Dublin win 5, 6, 7, 8 in a row, as it will show up even more that the Dublin funding is ridiculous.

People are already voting with their feet. I wonder how bad things need to get before the GAA cop themselves on. They've already made a farce of the whole AI championship. If they dont sort it out soon, people will lose interest big time.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: BennyCake on August 13, 2019, 06:27:49 PM
Over the years, I always wanted Dublin beaten. Now, I sort of want to see Dublin win 5, 6, 7, 8 in a row, as it will show up even more that the Dublin funding is ridiculous.

People are already voting with their feet. I wonder how bad things need to get before the GAA cop themselves on. They've already made a farce of the whole AI championship. If they dont sort it out soon, people will lose interest big time.

Could I ask why did you always want Dublin beaten?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

BennyCake

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 13, 2019, 09:46:04 PM

Because they're Dublin.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: BennyCake on August 13, 2019, 09:53:22 PM

Because they're Dublin.

And they say the Dubs are paranoid.

I rest my case  :o
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

BennyCake

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 13, 2019, 09:59:09 PM

Because they're Dublin.

What's paranoid about wanting the Dubs beaten?

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on August 13, 2019, 10:08:18 PM

Because they're Dublin.

Do you not think it's a bit weird to always want a team to lose regardless of who they play? If it was a local rival fair enough, but surely you don't consider Dublin a derby game

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on August 13, 2019, 10:30:33 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 13, 2019, 10:08:18 PM

Because they're Dublin.

Do you not think it's a bit weird to always want a team to lose regardless of who they play? If it was a local rival fair enough, but surely you don't consider Dublin a derby game

Nope.