Horrific Story from Saudi

Started by SLIGONIAN, August 27, 2010, 11:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

I know a man from texas that worked in saudi, he told me on time about one of his american colleagues that  wandered into somewhere he should not have and was grabbed and put standing in the front row of spectators for a beheading. the savagery he witnessed was enough for him and he was on the next flight back to the usa.At least there when they kill people as punishment they tie them down and its bloodless.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 30, 2010, 06:12:57 PM
Why is everything about the US TO?

Coz TO has become a good American and everything is about the U.S.A. in their little world.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tyrones own

Is taking the life of another only wrong in the US?
I think its a reasonable point to make!
I live here and im a citizen, so may I ask how come you dont ask dixey why everything is about Israel and its evil big brother him being from Dungannon  ???
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Bogball XV

Quote from: mannix on August 30, 2010, 06:26:41 PM
I know a man from texas that worked in saudi, he told me on time about one of his american colleagues that  wandered into somewhere he should not have and was grabbed and put standing in the front row of spectators for a beheading. the savagery he witnessed was enough for him and he was on the next flight back to the usa.At least there when they kill people as punishment they tie them down and its bloodless.
end result is similar though, just because it sates their conscience to pretend it's more humane because there may not be as much physical pain involved doesn't disguise the similarities.

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 30, 2010, 07:25:49 PM
I live here and im a citizen, so may I ask how come you dont ask dixey why everything is about Israel and its evil big brother him being from Dungannon  ???

It is wrong in Saudi and it is wrong in the States, Afghanistan, Iraq, The West Bank, Darndale and Moyross among others.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

what are you on about? no one even mentioned the death penalty in the US, who thinks it's wrong in the US and no where else? Dixie posts quite a bit on Israel but I haven't seen him stray off topic in any thread if I did I'd ask the same question of him.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2010, 08:49:51 PM

It is wrong in Saudi and it is wrong in the States, Afghanistan, Iraq, The West Bank, Darndale and Moyross among others.
Exactly and I agree...but the point intentionally missed here is the sheer contrast in moral outrage between this type of 7th century brutality and the example I had given on the death penalty here...and it's not like that hasn't been a hot topic on this board before
with no shortage of virulence from the Anti-American PC brigade amongst us!
And then of course we have Pints playing stupid like it was his first day on here  ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 30, 2010, 09:08:12 PM
what are you on about? no one even mentioned the death penalty in the US, who thinks it's wrong in the US and no where else? Dixie posts quite a bit on Israel but I haven't seen him stray off topic in any thread if I did I'd ask the same question of him.
Well he posted about Israel on this very thread. Take a look at the title. Strayed off topic?

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 30, 2010, 05:54:54 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 29, 2010, 10:47:18 PM
many years ago a neighbour went to work in saudi he says they were brought to a camp were they could do near enough what you can get away with in western society, the first day they were there they were put on 4 buses and taken to a large town nearby where a stage had been set up. they had front row seats and thought it was a concert then two pakistani workers who had stabbed another were marched onto the stage a statement was read out in arabic and the men were told/forced to kneel down both were beheaded with a sword their heads rolled down in front of the irish workers... that was when my neighbour quit the drink :o :o
One often times wonders where the soap box critics of the US death penalty are at times like these  :o

Is disgust at both mutually exclusive or something?

I wouldn't live in a place like Saudi for anything. I will live in the US for the rest of my days probably. The US death penalty is still indefensible.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 30, 2010, 11:09:42 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 30, 2010, 09:08:12 PM
Well he posted about Israel on this very thread. Take a look at the title. Strayed off topic?
I didnt read the whole article but it seems like it's another example of this type of behaviour so I woudnt have said it was off topic.

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 30, 2010, 11:07:26 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 30, 2010, 08:49:51 PM

Exactly and I agree...but the point intentionally missed here is the sheer contrast in moral outrage between this type of 7th century brutality and the example I had given on the death penalty here...and it's not like that hasn't been a hot topic on this board before
with no shortage of virulence from the Anti-American PC brigade amongst us!
And then of course we have Pints playing stupid like it was his first day on here  ::)
the death penalty has been discussed before but I can never recall any particular "moral outrage" directed at any country in particular.  Who are these posters you are referring to?
I'm hardly playing stupid either but I've no idea why you come out with the most random of things ranting and raving about this anti american brigade. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on August 30, 2010, 11:11:48 PM
many years ago a neighbour went to work in saudi he says they were brought to a camp were they could do near enough what you can get away with in western society, the first day they were there they were put on 4 buses and taken to a large town nearby where a stage had been set up. they had front row seats and thought it was a concert then two pakistani workers who had stabbed another were marched onto the stage a statement was read out in arabic and the men were told/forced to kneel down both were beheaded with a sword their heads rolled down in front of the irish workers... that was when my neighbour quit the drink :o :o
One often times wonders where the soap box critics of the US death penalty are at times like these  :o

I wouldn't live in a place like Saudi for anything. I will live in the US for the rest of my days probably. The US death penalty is still indefensible.
Obviously since one is denigrated from the moral high ground and the other rarely if ever gets a mention here
and if it does, a swift justification can always be found and put forward in it's defense  ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 31, 2010, 06:22:18 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 30, 2010, 11:11:48 PM

Obviously since one is denigrated from the moral high ground and the other rarely if ever gets a mention here
and if it does, a swift justification can always be found and put forward in it's defense  ::)

Sometimes it looks like you just don't get what drives a discussion board. I'd say the vast majority of people on this board have nothing but contempt for the type of society in existence in places like Saudi Arabia. When most people are in agreement on a topic, there isn't really much scope for debate. Now perhaps you, being a fan of the type of echo chamber medium that right wing talk radio is (I'm basing that on your defense of and quoting of the likes of Michael Savage here in the past), where everyone can sit around in agreement and rant and express disgust at whatever liberal bogeyman today's object of ire is, don't see that as an impediment to discussion. To me, it is just boring and I've little interest in it, particularly when it is something as self evident as disgust at some of what goes on in places like Saudi Arabia is. Likewise, the majority of the US-topic threads wouldn't go past a single page if yourself and a few others weren't here to stir things up with a bit of opposition to the prevailing views. They'd just die due to lack of interest, as most threads do when everyone agrees and there is nothing to discuss.

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ardmhachaabu

Hardly even worth your while J70
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

45 metres

Saudi Arabia, a brutal place I don't ever plan to visit.

However, their country, their rules.