Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubh driocht

MDG Can you restore your post? Makes DownJim and me look a bit silly which to be fair is not hard in the former's case

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Dubh driocht on September 30, 2018, 10:59:35 AM
MDG Can you restore your post? Makes DownJim and me look a bit silly which to be fair is not hard in the former's case

I think downjim is right in this case - Burren are in no way the favourites, despite Kilcoo scraping over the line. They're more than capable of doing it again.

our_fella

My two cents on the game.. Jeez, if there's ever a time to dethrone this Kilcoo, its this year.. Shadow of their former selves with the mass of injuries they have.. Burren will never get a better chance, but we've said that before havent we?

Points #3 is some player. Dispossessed his man on numerous occasions and strong going forward? County potential?
Mallon & Boyle were mighty in MF, only for Boyle to get stupidly sent off. Kilcoo man didnt need much to go down however? Devlin spent the whole game nipping, tugging and slabbering to Boyle, yet went unpunished?
McGarry & McAleeenen were well marshaled, spent too much time out around MF to cause any damage.
WHAT A GOAL BY DAVIDSON
Thought the 2 Johnstons were very quiet, well marked too. Laverty also quiet
Point mgt with some strange calls. I would have had Grant thrown into the fray much earlier, 1st ball in they got a score from, why so late?

With regards to the final, if Burren get a few goals, they'll win.. A kilcoo team without Ohanlon,Morgan,Greenan, plus losing the 2 Brannigans to injury during the game, will they ever get a better shot?

Tyrone Dreamer

outinfront

I THINK the dates are as follows:

Junior Final: 7th
Minor & Senior: 14th
Intermediate: 21st

downjim

I hope the gougers wear their black jerseys when requested

Brick Tamlin

Mayobridge and Burren pretty much went to script. Bridge relying heavily on bringing more of an intensity and edge to get the upper hand on Burren, who it must be said are doing some arsing about with team selections and positional manouvres. The superior quality within the Burren squad gets them over the line and the Bridge's spirited efforts fall short again. Was disappointed that Bridge didnt lay into Burren a bit more and soften them up. The goals they conceded killed off their challenge and with very little up front in terms of firepower they were always up against it.
Burren have blooded some fine young footballers and whats more is they seem to have a bit more about them than their more experienced team mates. Bridge need to unearth a few scoring forwards, whilst it looks like they are carrying a few passengers that the other semi-finalists wouldnt have near their team.

In the other game the match was pretty much decided by the indicipline or lack of cuteness of Point. An experienced player (and team captain) like Boyle should never have got himself into a situation where one more mistimed tackle or lazy foul and he would have walked. He was already walking a fine line with him and his opponent at it the whole game. The amount of posturing and dick-measuring that goes on in games between opponents is tiresome. If ye act the maggot then ye run the risk of being sent to the line.
Point got the matchups right and tactically looked to have it sussed also. They were able to handle everything Kilcoo threw at them whilst giving a large portion of their own in return.
Kilcoo i feel will actually be glad of such a game and it will bring them up to speed for their final. They struggled for periods and their big game players found it tough against an equally mobile and physical side. They will have a few injuries to sort out before they tackle Burren which might be a worry. 

In terms of County potential, there maybe a few who should get the chance to prove their worth from the weekend, but whether they can make the step up or are fit for it remains to be seen. Magee from Point (midfielder i think) was the outstanding player on show over the 2 games, whilst young Kerr from Burren oozes class and has serious talent which needs nurturing.
John Boyle was also a cut above and to be fair has been the top no6 in club football in the county this last couple years, but probably wrong side of 30 im guessing.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 01, 2018, 04:10:59 PM
Mayobridge and Burren pretty much went to script. Bridge relying heavily on bringing more of an intensity and edge to get the upper hand on Burren, who it must be said are doing some arsing about with team selections and positional manouvres. The superior quality within the Burren squad gets them over the line and the Bridge's spirited efforts fall short again. Was disappointed that Bridge didnt lay into Burren a bit more and soften them up. The goals they conceded killed off their challenge and with very little up front in terms of firepower they were always up against it.
Burren have blooded some fine young footballers and whats more is they seem to have a bit more about them than their more experienced team mates. Bridge need to unearth a few scoring forwards, whilst it looks like they are carrying a few passengers that the other semi-finalists wouldnt have near their team.

In the other game the match was pretty much decided by the indicipline or lack of cuteness of Point. An experienced player (and team captain) like Boyle should never have got himself into a situation where one more mistimed tackle or lazy foul and he would have walked. He was already walking a fine line with him and his opponent at it the whole game. The amount of posturing and dick-measuring that goes on in games between opponents is tiresome. If ye act the maggot then ye run the risk of being sent to the line.
Point got the matchups right and tactically looked to have it sussed also. They were able to handle everything Kilcoo threw at them whilst giving a large portion of their own in return.
Kilcoo i feel will actually be glad of such a game and it will bring them up to speed for their final. They struggled for periods and their big game players found it tough against an equally mobile and physical side. They will have a few injuries to sort out before they tackle Burren which might be a worry. 

In terms of County potential, there maybe a few who should get the chance to prove their worth from the weekend, but whether they can make the step up or are fit for it remains to be seen. Magee from Point (midfielder i think) was the outstanding player on show over the 2 games, whilst young Kerr from Burren oozes class and has serious talent which needs nurturing.
John Boyle was also a cut above and to be fair has been the top no6 in club football in the county this last couple years, but probably wrong side of 30 im guessing.
John Boyle also played 90 mins for Newry City in the afternoon and actually made the Sunday Life team of the day

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Cuan12 on October 02, 2018, 01:19:25 PM
AND?
What I mean is it was remarkable that he played 2 competitive games in the one day and was outstanding in both of them - although I think you knew what I meant

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Leftmidfield on October 02, 2018, 03:08:31 PM
AND?
What I mean is it was remarkable that he played 2 competitive games in the one day and was outstanding in both of them - although I think you knew what I meant

amateur soccer players break about as much sweat as an indoor bowler though to be fair  ;D
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Lecale Gael on October 02, 2018, 03:12:42 PM
Quote from: Leftmidfield on October 02, 2018, 03:08:31 PM
AND?

amateur soccer players break about as much sweat as an indoor bowler though to be fair  ;D
It's not exactly amateur

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Leftmidfield on October 02, 2018, 06:18:26 PM
It's not exactly amateur

Your right.

The preparation standards in the "amateur" sport put them to shame!
i usse an speelchekor