TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Charlie Brooker's Anti Viral wipe from last night was brilliant.

Funny and absolutely scathing of the UK & US Governments response to the Coronavirus a very good watch!!

GetOverTheBar

Never seen it to the other night - caught an episode of Derry Girls on E4 I think it was.

Very good, I actually laughed out loud.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Taylor on May 05, 2020, 08:31:31 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 04, 2020, 08:28:20 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 04, 2020, 01:11:00 PM
Episode 5 of Last Dance was good.

Suprised MJ approved parts of this episode - comes across as a right cnut - all about the benjamins with him - thats for sure
He has a couple of billion reasons why he doesn't give a shite. Have yet to watch #5.

Obviously he has riches beyond anyones wildest imagination but it doesnt mean he isnt coming across as an even bigger cnut that before (still one of the best players of all time)

Called out Pippen for not playing because of the issue over $$$ - he was sitting on a contract of over $35m at the same time Pippin was on a pittance
Reebok logo
Refused to back the Democrat because 'Republicans buy sneakers too' (said this was a joke)
Isiah Thomas incident
The Kukoc incident

Trying not to put any spoilers in - still cant believe he let some of the stuff go out without removing it.

A fantastic series so far

Its brilliant isn't it! Didn't know much about Jordan prior to watching it, looked like controversy and disagreements were an important part of motivating him.

trailer

I really enjoyed Normal People. Thought it excellent.

Tyrdub

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 15, 2020, 11:06:13 AM

Suprised MJ approved parts of this episode - comes across as a right cnut - all about the benjamins with him - thats for sure
He has a couple of billion reasons why he doesn't give a shite. Have yet to watch #5.

Obviously he has riches beyond anyones wildest imagination but it doesnt mean he isnt coming across as an even bigger cnut that before (still one of the best players of all time)

Called out Pippen for not playing because of the issue over $$$ - he was sitting on a contract of over $35m at the same time Pippin was on a pittance
Reebok logo
Refused to back the Democrat because 'Republicans buy sneakers too' (said this was a joke)
Isiah Thomas incident
The Kukoc incident

Trying not to put any spoilers in - still cant believe he let some of the stuff go out without removing it.

Its brilliant isn't it! Didn't know much about Jordan prior to watching it, looked like controversy and disagreements were an important part of motivating him.

Is/was Jordan a cnut as someone on here says or just a highly driven, motivated freak of an athlete?

GetOverTheBar

Is the Jordan doc worth a go as a sports fan, but not a basketball one?

glens73

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 15, 2020, 02:07:09 PM

Yes, I'm not a basketball fan but I've really enjoyed it, very driven guy.

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on May 15, 2020, 12:09:31 PM

Without sounding like an old biddy ringing Joe Duffy, what's with all the riding?

They're young and horny. We get it. But i don't want yer mans danglers staring at me every time I'm supping a cup of tae.

nrico2006

Quote from: glens73 on May 15, 2020, 02:09:45 PM

Yes, I'm not a basketball fan but I've really enjoyed it, very driven guy.

Jordan documentary is brilliant, great seeing the old 90's footage too.  I would tend to say he was just as motivated a person as there was from a sports perspective, all he was interested in was winning basketball games.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on May 15, 2020, 01:57:09 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 15, 2020, 11:06:13 AM

Reebok logo
Isiah Thomas incident
The Kukoc incident

Is/was Jordan a cnut as someone on here says or just a highly driven, motivated freak of an athlete?

I wouldn't call him a cnut but can see why others wouldn't warm to him but doubt he'd have reached the heights without that type of personality. The common theme was he was always trying to prove someone wrong throughout his career, needed that bit of controversy to drive him too. He's a Roy Keane type character with the ability of Ronaldo, I'd class him as the greatest sportsman of all time; I've no interest in Basketball either.

Maroon Manc

No interest in the sport, its a brilliant watch and everyone I know has said the same.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on May 15, 2020, 02:24:18 PM

Without sounding like an old biddy ringing Joe Duffy, what's with all the riding?

They're young and horny. We get it. But i don't want yer mans danglers staring at me every time I'm supping a cup of tae.

Equality! show a bush show a dangler !

On the show itself I really enjoyed it for what its about
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on May 15, 2020, 09:29:33 AM
Charlie Brooker's Anti Viral wipe from last night was brilliant.

Funny and absolutely scathing of the UK & US Governments response to the Coronavirus a very good watch!!

Really enjoyed it myself.

his co hosts and their deadpan deliveries are brilliant.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on May 15, 2020, 02:24:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWQT8KTIrQ0