Premier League 2019/20

Started by Boycey, June 10, 2019, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Agreed that every player has his price but I think the CL win will have caused a fair shift in the power balance in terms of being able to retain players.  If there was no trophy after the season we had you could imagine players could get twitchy but that is unlikely now....particularly to the closest rivals.

imtommygunn

It would take a ludicrous amount of money to make liverpool willing to sell him. Without him they'd have had no title challenge or no champions league so that is a pretty large worth in there.

TabClear

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 11, 2019, 11:54:27 AM
It would take a ludicrous amount of money to make liverpool willing to sell him. Without him they'd have had no title challenge or no champions league so that is a pretty large worth in there.

This. You cannot replace him in his current form. Yes Gomez looked to be coming good before is injury and Matip had a decent 2nd half to the season  and I suppose theoretically you could use the money to sign De Ligt or someone similar but any defence in the world is weaker without VVD. Never mind the fact that selling him to your closest rival this year. Liverpool have about 3 years where this team could be at their peak given the age profile, if they are going to compete for the PL again next season VVD has to be there.

BennyCake

What was VVD like at Celtic? I never really seen him play there.

You'd think if he really was that good up there, a bigger club than Southampton would've come in for him?

lurganblue

Quote from: BennyCake on June 11, 2019, 12:32:23 PM
What was VVD like at Celtic? I never really seen him play there.

You'd think if he really was that good up there, a bigger club than Southampton would've come in for him?

He was top class at Celtic.  Clear as day that he was above Southampton, with all due respect.  Amazing that CL clubs didn't take a punt.  Stigma of the SPL I guess.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 11, 2019, 10:34:45 AM
Quote from: ziggy90 on June 11, 2019, 10:28:04 AM
Quote from: toby47 on June 11, 2019, 08:32:06 AM
Quote from: ziggy90 on June 10, 2019, 06:16:30 PM
I wonder who City will get to replace Kompany?
If they offered enough do you think Van Dijk would go?

You have a lot of faith in a footballer's royalty.?

VVD has already asked the club himself to extend his contract as he is very happy.  There is something big happening at Liverpool and he will become a true legend in a club that has history.  He may become a legend elsewhere but they won't remember him in 20 years time the way he would be remembered in Anfield

That may or may not be the case but in the modern game the only thing that matters is ££'s.
I'd say Van Dijk is the one player who Pep would really covet, (for his football ability and leadership qualities) and if he decides to make a play for him iI'd say you wouldn't want to bet your house against him going.
Maybe I'm just a bit too cynical but it's my honest opinion.

Rubbish. We would never sell him to City and I don't think he'd be interested in that move either.

Jeepers Creepers

He will want to be Liverpools highest earner soon. De Ligt is going to be offered 235K a week plus at his new club.

trailer

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 11, 2019, 12:52:38 PM

VVD has already asked the club himself to extend his contract as he is very happy.  There is something big happening at Liverpool and he will become a true legend in a club that has history.  He may become a legend elsewhere but they won't remember him in 20 years time the way he would be remembered in Anfield

That may or may not be the case but in the modern game the only thing that matters is ££'s.
I'd say Van Dijk is the one player who Pep would really covet, (for his football ability and leadership qualities) and if he decides to make a play for him iI'd say you wouldn't want to bet your house against him going.

Rubbish. We would never sell him to City and I don't think he'd be interested in that move either.

Sterling made that move and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that VVD would want to as well. The pound rules them all. If City offer £300k or £400k he'll be gone like shite of a shovel.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2019, 01:39:55 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 11, 2019, 12:52:38 PM

Sterling made that move and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that VVD would want to as well. The pound rules them all. If City offer £300k or £400k he'll be gone like shite of a shovel.
That's different. We weren't challenging for league and champions league back then. He's getting a new contract from Liverpool anyway so that'll be 200k+

Milltown Row2

I love my job, but if someone doubles my wages, thats a serious offer..

Personally I think he woudnt even give it a moments thought, He's Liverpool through and through now. he's bedded in well and no reason not to give him the captains armband as he'll be playing all the games unlike Henderson
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: toby47 on June 11, 2019, 11:15:53 AM
In the Pep/City documentary on Amazon prime last year city pulled out of the race for Van Dijk as they didn't value him at 75million.

A bad error of judgement

There were plenty on the Liverpool thread saying the same thing.

The market decides the value and Liverpool got more of a player than they thought.

A veritable bargain.

Armamike

Reading this thread, i thought Man city had just made an offer for Virgil!  He ain't going nowhere anytime soon!

Players want to go to Liverpool now and play under Klopp.

That's just, like your opinion man.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 11, 2019, 01:49:40 PM
I love my job, but if someone doubles my wages, thats a serious offer..

Personally I think he woudnt even give it a moments thought, He's Liverpool through and through now. he's bedded in well and no reason not to give him the captains armband as he'll be playing all the games unlike Henderson

That's different. You most likely have a notice period in your job. Liverpool don't have to allow him to speak to city, hypothetically, within his contract period.

City are great team with huge earning potential but there is something quite sterile about the whole place. A guy like that would probably only go to Real , Barca or whatever.

Dire Ear

rodney trotter

He was offered more money by City, when Liverpool were making their move for him.. He isn't going to leave now and on the verge of signing a new contract