Lorry Tragedy

Started by Square Ball, October 25, 2019, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 29, 2019, 02:11:17 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on October 29, 2019, 01:33:12 PM

You probably should change your username / at the very least take your email off public before throwing that sort of thing online.
Not his real name. He's calling himself after the worst Ref in Roscommon.
However he should remove the post in case it might prejudice any trial.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2019, 04:25:06 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 29, 2019, 04:13:16 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 29, 2019, 04:05:17 PM
Quote from: Taylor on October 29, 2019, 01:16:00 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2019, 12:38:07 PM
Yeah Itchy the media wording is "interesting". It's not even an us or themmun - it's that he's not British straight away he's Irish. Typical of the british media.

So from what I read here they were going to die either by freezing or by suffocation if the fridge wasn't on :( Is that accurate? Gees it's sounding almost like genocide more than anything here.

Under what scenarios would they have survived??

How do other migrants get through with lorries?

It said on the news yesterday that this was potentially one of a convoy of three lorries - no sign of the other two unless some of the boys arrested were driving these

Curtainsiders wouldn't be hermetically sealed, although they still wouldn't be the most comfortable. At least in a pinch you could take out a knife and slash the curtain. In a fridge you've got no chance, it's like being locked in a bank vault.
I can't see it being quite as simple as that. Those involved know lorries, trailers & containers as well as or better than anyone. They expected to get them through alive in this container & probably have done before. There has been a mistake made or an accident happened that they didn't foresee I reckon.

Yeah I would agree. Noises point to outright murder but it just has to have been a mistake or an oversight to have gone this far. You would also wonder how many times these people have done it before too and if they did what they did differently.

You cannot be convicted of murder without malice aforethought, hence the charge being manslaughter. Manslaughter has a different scale of fault and 'easier' to gain a conviction.

Keyser soze

The way to do this would be to be to t**ker with modify the thermostat so that air is being circulated at room temperature but the gauge is showing -25 or whatever u want it to show.

JimStynes

I wonder how many times this has happened before but they just disposed of the bodies somewhere instead of alerting the authorities.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2019, 01:18:29 PM
Yeah that is what I was wondering. It sounds like these people had no chance but surely there are people get through. They would presumably do things differently?

Human error is the cause of a lot of tragedies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Herald_of_Free_Enterprise
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clarshack

Quote from: JimStynes on October 29, 2019, 06:21:40 PM
I wonder how many times this has happened before but they just disposed of the bodies somewhere instead of alerting the authorities.

It's bound to have happened but it's obviously the first time it's happened this guy and he panicked by alerting the authorities. I'd say if he could go back in time it would be a different story and we'd all be none the wiser about any of this.

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on October 29, 2019, 06:33:33 PM
Yeah that is what I was wondering. It sounds like these people had no chance but surely there are people get through. They would presumably do things differently?

Yeah it is clearly human error somewhere. I just wonder where.

armaghniac

Quote from: JimStynes on October 29, 2019, 06:21:40 PM

This is the point. This guy was obviously a chancer, but not quite so far down as  to throw the cargo off a pier somewhere.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: seafoid on October 29, 2019, 06:33:33 PM

That's a harrowing read. Three people, and a combined lapse which resulted in the deaths of 193 people. I don't know how they could continue living their own lives after that.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Pearse Blue

Any more stories or news?

Square Ball

Essex police in Belfast. BBC News - Essex lorry deaths: Police in Belfast after 39 found dead in lorry
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50261287

Is it just me or is it the Hughes are looking more and more guilty of being involved somehow by their absence?

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Square Ball on November 01, 2019, 10:02:17 AM
Essex police in Belfast. BBC News - Essex lorry deaths: Police in Belfast after 39 found dead in lorry
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50261287

Is it just me or is it the Hughes are looking more and more guilty of being involved somehow by their absence?

It wasn't a surprise their names came out.....it was an open secret they picked a pocket or two....as the song goes.

Dougal Maguire

Word is that one of them has been on the phone to the police
Careful now

HiMucker

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 01, 2019, 11:17:55 AM
Just read that on BBC news. Bizarre

Tony Baloney

Quote from: HiMucker on November 01, 2019, 11:18:56 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on November 01, 2019, 11:17:55 AM
Just read that on BBC news. Bizarre
He phoned the police just after Mo got lifted - that was reported days ago. Have they been speaking to them again?