The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: Itchy on May 03, 2018, 09:10:07 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 03, 2018, 01:38:05 PM
Thanks Itchy - insightful stuff

You're welcome

Have you applied to TV3?  They are looking for some new analysts. The crew they have are more anal than analyst
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Itchy

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 03, 2018, 11:47:49 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 03, 2018, 09:10:07 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 03, 2018, 01:38:05 PM
Thanks Itchy - insightful stuff

You're welcome

Have you applied to TV3?  They are looking for some new analysts. The crew they have are more anal than analyst

Not yet. But don't you have to claim Liverpool will be delighted to play a mere minnow like real Madrid in the final to make tv3? See I said the opposite.

heganboy

It's good to be back...

"I can say at this moment we do have a lot of respect for Madrid, they are one of the best teams in the world, but we are Liverpool"
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hound

I would go with largely the same team v Chelsea, but bring Clyne in, give Trent another go at midfield and drop Wijnaldum.

Almost tempted to swap Lovren and Klavan, as I don't think Klavan is any worse and makes less clangers, but he wasn't good when he came on. Having said that, it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt now, the more defenders we have on the pitch, the worse we defend!

For the Chelsea and Real matches, we must leave the front trio on for the full game. Absolutely no reason to take them off , unless they're injured or that tired they can hardly move or we're more goals ahead than minutes left in the match.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

I'd make 2-3 weekend changes. Clyne in, id push TAA to MF and rest Hendo actually as he has played 90 minutes in all the last 8-9 games. Hopefully lallana might get a run out, it would be important to get him to some level of fitness before the final. I would actually go with Gomez at CB instead of lovern. Right CB is his natural position, not full back and it shows for England when he plays right CB if a back 3 he is much more comfortable. I'd even go back 3 with him and klavan in and play Clyne and Moreno  as wing backs. Match Chelsea's formation

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 06, 2011, 11:35:10 AM
The ownership problems at Liverpool are obviously the root cause of their current travails but I still can't help but think that the sale of Alonso in 2009 was the one transfer that should never have happened and Benetiz's biggest mistake. Never got the Mascherano hype yet always thought Alonso was under-valued at Liverpool.

Anyway Liverpool are 2nd only to Man United when it come's to prestige in England and would be a marquee name throughout the world very few managers would not consider the role. However anyone calling for Martin O'Neill, are you mad, have you not seen the legacies at Villa and Celtic that he left behind, he has a complete lack of understanding of squad rotation and management, there is no British manager bar maybe David Moyes would be capable of taking Liverpool forward. Liverpool do not need a short term fix but a manager with a vision and a minimum 5 year strategy.

The most interesting name that I can see is Jurgen Klopp, very highly rated in Germany and have worked in Germany will have no problems fitting into a cost-effective management process that UEFA's new rules will require.

However I think Liverpool supporters need to sit back and realise that they will need to be patient and that a new manager will not suddenly wave a magic wand, handle expectation and set small targets because at it stands both Manchester clubs and the top 3 London clubs have better squads.

Football like all things in life is cyclical so Liverpool will be back just no one can guarantee when....

:'(

As a child of the 80s, I enjoy Liverpool's lack of success however as a club I can but only admire, even in Corporate football they still retain that emotional connection that makes them more than a football club. If they the UCL fair play I certainly wouldn't begrudge them.
#newbridgeornowhere

trileacman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 04, 2018, 02:55:27 PM
The ownership problems at Liverpool are obviously the root cause of their current travails but I still can't help but think that the sale of Alonso in 2009 was the one transfer that should never have happened and Benetiz's biggest mistake. Never got the Mascherano hype yet always thought Alonso was under-valued at Liverpool.

Anyway Liverpool are 2nd only to Man United when it come's to prestige in England and would be a marquee name throughout the world very few managers would not consider the role. However anyone calling for Martin O'Neill, are you mad, have you not seen the legacies at Villa and Celtic that he left behind, he has a complete lack of understanding of squad rotation and management, there is no British manager bar maybe David Moyes would be capable of taking Liverpool forward. Liverpool do not need a short term fix but a manager with a vision and a minimum 5 year strategy.

The most interesting name that I can see is Jurgen Klopp, very highly rated in Germany and have worked in Germany will have no problems fitting into a cost-effective management process that UEFA's new rules will require.

However I think Liverpool supporters need to sit back and realise that they will need to be patient and that a new manager will not suddenly wave a magic wand, handle expectation and set small targets because at it stands both Manchester clubs and the top 3 London clubs have better squads.

Football like all things in life is cyclical so Liverpool will be back just no one can guarantee when....

As a child of the 80s, I enjoy Liverpool's lack of success however as a club I can but only admire, even in Corporate football they still retain that emotional connection that makes them more than a football club. If they the UCL fair play I certainly wouldn't begrudge them.

To think that moyes and klopp were once considered contemporaries.  Jesus Christ.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Dinny Breen

Quote from: trileacman on May 04, 2018, 03:21:28 PM

Moyes. Jesus Christ

Yea wtf was I thinking!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

trileacman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 04, 2018, 03:22:17 PM

Moyes. Jesus Christ

Was probably a perfectly reasonable suggestion at the time. Just goes to show how much can change in a short space of time.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Quote from: trileacman on May 04, 2018, 03:25:31 PM

Moyes. Jesus Christ

Was probably a perfectly reasonable suggestion at the time. Just goes to show how much can change in a short space of time.

Yes even the best manager in the world ever, Slur Alex was of the same opinion!
O'Neills Therapist

Capt Pat

Brightons win against United leaves them with nothing to play for in the final game at Anfield. It should make Liverpools task that bit easier if we need the win.

Avondhu star

Moyes. Jesus Christ

Never mind what you were thinking!  W.T.F.  was Fergie thinking?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you