Dramatic Donaldson

Started by winsamsoon, February 18, 2007, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughinpaddy

Quote from: realredhandfan on February 19, 2007, 10:50:50 AM
The man himself, being the hallion that he is. Did you see the way he went down in the game today? This is from the guy who is supposed to be a hard man.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hard man or dirty C**t theres adifference!
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Abble

st. brigids no7 running through down the middle with about 10 to go and wasnt that donaldson hit him with a great shoulder for which the no7 needed treatment?....jd was fired up to the hilt....moments later the same no7 fancied a run thru in front of goal only to be met on that occassion by francie!! down he went again with the medics being called for, felt a bit sorry for the lad, he ket tryin anyway.

Hank Everlast

any1 know if the cross mach will be re-shown on tv again??

armaghniac

And it will be shown in full on Setanta on Thursday.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

I think the second time the number 7 was nailed it was Mc Entee who got him. The first incident with Donaldson and no 7 was a great hit i would haveno quams about that.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Hardy

My Mrs happened in just in time for the first hit. She doesn't go in for sport much. "Those are tough lads", she said. "That poor lad got an awful whack".

The next time she looked at the screen, it was just in time to see No. 7 getting whacked again. "Ah that's not fair", she says. "He's only just got over the last one. They're very rough. Could that happen to R.?" (son who plays a bit of football and hurling).

"Not at all", says I. "It'd more likely be him doing it to someone else".

"Oh", she said. Then, "what?!"

"It's a man's game", I said.

PadraicHenryPearse

cannot believe this got 3 pages when the game itself only got a few mentions. great game of football yesterday, county standard from clubs sides is very rare (moorefield v dr. crokes). though experience was the key fo crossmaglen although hanrathy at 14 was excelllent in the 2nd half. Is he only 19? Brigids hit a number of easy shots wides, Karl Mannion and Jimmy nail (14) being the biggest culprits. Jimmy is 25 by the way not 40 like alot of the Crossmaglen supports though. while cross got some great scores from out on the sidelines. Ref was poor and missed many pick ups off the ground by both sides and was very liberal with steps taken by cross players while didn't give the smae to brigids i.e when donal o'connor no.7 took the first shoulder he had taken two steps before he hit the ground the ref gave a free for over carrying. Cross no.8 contantly took more than 4 steps. Also the cross goal the camera angle didn't show if it was square ball but it was close and Oisin definately fouled the ball by throwing it to himself when dumbing the last back.

Cross were hot favourites to win i'd say the thing that will hurt Brigids the most is they were an equal match for them (not sure if the belief was there from the players or support) but they didn't take enough of their chances and got tactics wrong in last 10 minutes.

best for brigids were John tiernan and Frankie Dolan and donal o'connor
best for cross - hanrathy no.8 and oisin.

David McKeown

I wouldnt agree with you their PHP I thought Cross were fully deserving of their win and could have won by a few more scores.  I actually thought that at times the referee kept St Brigids in the game.  I was the far end of the pitch though and couldnt see the goal.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Armamike

The ref gave a few very dubious frees to St Brigids either side of half time that resulted in 3 scores. I don't think they can have too many complaints.
That's just, like your opinion man.

lurganblue

i was actually about to text a mate of mine during the second half to say that cross where getting robbed by the ref, but every time St Brigids got a handy and very scoreable free cross then went down the field an increased the gap again. i thought cross where comfortable towards the end to be honest...

on donaldson. what a great shoulder on the half back coming through. then he goes and ruins it all with that stupid delayed reaction dive. he should take what he is fond of giving out.

winsamsoon

PHP tell me does Jimmy Nail wear crocodile shoes???  :D. If i had one wish it would be for these guys to stop crying about the threads other people put on.This thread was about Donaldson but feel free to put anything on it about the game. I thought this was a mesage board where people post views. So please dry they eyes and let people post what they want aslong as it ain't offensive.
        I thought it was a good game aswell, and i agree that the Cross were always in control of it. I also agree that the Ref did slightly favour St brigids. I do however agree with you about Mc Kenna (cross no 8) He over carried the ball on at least two occassion, both of which resulted in scores. There were frees given against Cross that you would never get in Armagh football. But in fairness the ref played to the book by pulling them up on all the wee tugs and pulls that they are renowned for. Remember refs are only human so given this he wasn't that bad. I don't think any of the teams would complain.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.