Money from Rugby/soccer games not filtered through to clubs

Started by winsamsoon, December 15, 2009, 01:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

To date Harold we have got nothing at all, so it brings me back to the question again where is the money?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: winsamsoon on December 16, 2009, 03:34:30 PM
To date Harold we have got nothing at all, so it brings me back to the question again where is the money?
Has any club got anything? I know we haven't.

winsamsoon

There are no clubs in Armagh to my knowledge that have got anything and i think the county board should be held accountable to this. As some of the lads have posted there are clubs in other counties that have received a payment. The Armagh section seems to have been brushed under the carpet

Bainisteoir

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on December 16, 2009, 03:14:35 PM
Gene Duffy spoke about this at the county board meeting Peter McDonnell was appointed manager. He mentioned €30m being available over 3 years rising to €60m. Money was to go to each province for development of pitches/centres of excellence etc. Each county also to get €250k for strategic projects. He proposed the following for Armagh:
1. Defibrillators & training to be provided to each club - those who already have one to be reimbursed.
2. Laptops/computers to be provided to every club - to improve communication.
3. Buy into the new multi-sports development at St Pats, Armagh.

Win is spot on, this has to be transparent and to be honest is a topic that had completely slipped my mind however we should not be jumping to any conclusions straight away, get a club member to raise the point at the next county board meeting. Also Harold was the idea of the complex at St Pats ever mentioned in county board meetings? I thought this was just an idea that someone had mentioned on here. The confusion over the distribution of these funds could be an idea for the Irish news to get their teeth into over the next few weeks while things are quiet!!

JUst retired

WinSam, Sorry for just getting back to you I did misread your post. My apoligies for misquoteing you. Your delegate did raise at at Convention. Also St.Pats was raised and the answer given was  It appears to be on hold. :D

Rawhide

None of the money from the soccer or rugby games filtered down to Derry clubs. County board held unto it all I believe.
cccc is a true supporter lol

winsamsoon

I think this would be a good topic for the press to run a story on as it seems it is the only way to get any answers these days. But then again i don't think anyone would want to see the GAA portrayed in a bad light

wallyman

Did any ulster counties distribute these funds to clubs?

donelli

Croke Park has now been opened up for 3 years (2007-2009).
Allowing that perhaps the county boards have yet to recieve the 2009 allocation yet, each county i presume should have now recieved 500k each ofr 2007 & 2008 (total of 16m for 2 years/30m for 4 years).
Quote from: bingobus on December 15, 2009, 11:11:43 PM
It Monaghan the Money went to the County Boards centre of excellence at Cloghan to further enhance its use ie new set of floodlights on one pitch since this money went to them. Clubs where invited to tender for it, at short notice, but when a few clubs had the cheek to submit expressions of interest, the county board recommended that the money would be best served in their own coffers despite the clubs having already give €500k for cloghan over a number of years in levies.

The plan was originally to give it to 1 club for a major project or give 10 clubs 25k each. In the end it disappeared into county funds. Was a disgrace and with the cull of the top table at last weeks convention, I would like to think this was a factor.

Croke park should have intervened as I think the Gaelic life paper revealed that 7 out of the 9 county boards in Ulster kept money for their own use rather than pass it to clubs.

You are right bingobus. This additional money spent on Cloghan is shocking. There was no need for yet more flood lights. how many more pitches needs them up there??!!!

boojangles

Cavan GAA is in the process of installing a full size 3G pitch behind Breifni Park. Total cost 1.1 Million. Croke Park has funded 1 Million of this.
My own club installed new floodlights last year-we received a few grants,1 of which came from the GAA,I believe in the region of 10k. Would this be money from the soccer/rugby games?

winsamsoon

I would doubt this is the money from theses games Boojangles or you would hear other clubs kicking up about your club receiving it and theirs not. I think the whole situation has been very badly dealt with right across the board. Too many deals behind going on behind closed doors.