Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrimtain

There are players out there who should be looked at.........Conor Meredith (O'Dempsey's), Colm Murphy, Adam Ryan, Patrick O'Sullivan (Portarlington), Gary Saunders, Frank Flanagan (Portlaoise) and Diarmuid Whelan (Balylinan).

I would like to know what ever happened to Sean Byrne of Portarlington? He looked like a great prospect a couple of years ago?

Hopefully John Sugrue can get these guys (and others) involved next year.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Chrimtain on July 13, 2018, 12:52:12 PM
I would like to know what ever happened to Sean Byrne of Portarlington? He looked like a great prospect a couple of years ago?
He's had a terrible run with injury or injuries, not sure which. Hasn't played for more than a year now.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Laoiseabu

He (Byrne)could be back for the championship I heard he's not fully recovered yet. Paddy O Sullivan should of been on the Laois panel this year.

Laoiseabu

It's a pity David Murphy didn't have more days in a Laois shirt he was ports best player last year despite being probably their oldest. Jason Moore was one who would of been involved only for commitments with the army or navy .

Unlaoised

Quote from: Laoiseabu on July 13, 2018, 08:16:56 PM
It's a pity David Murphy didn't have more days in a Laois shirt he was ports best player last year despite being probably their oldest. Jason Moore was one who would of been involved only for commitments with the army or navy .

Jason Moore with the white ankle socks white boots and the nice tan.....He can fairly move thought to be fair to him.

Never thought he would be good enough for county.

Byrne is one i hope comes back well he was a fine football from Port

There is five or six youngesters with Portlaoise that should be brought in next year some already named here but there are others!
LAOIS ABÚ

BallyroanAbu

That fella Beggan for Monaghan poor enough not worth an all star ?? That's the standard for the deluded among us.

The PRO

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 22, 2018, 08:12:43 PM
That fella Begin for Monaghan poor enough not worth an all star ?? That's the standard for the deluded among us.
Would someone translate this please?

steven seagal

Yeah, happy to.

What he's really saying is this - 'I shit my pants again playing on the trampoline and my mammy says I can't go see the new Teen Titans movie in the cinema, so I'm mad about everything'

I think that's more or less it, in a nutshell.

Tony

Quote from: The PRO on July 22, 2018, 08:52:08 PM
That fella Begin for Monaghan poor enough not worth an all star ?? That's the standard for the deluded among us.
I think what he's trying to say is that some people on here, including myself, believe Brody is not far off being nominated for an all-star. Ballyroan's critical thinking seems to be off, so he assumes because we rate Brody, we don't rate Beggan. Not sure what he's on about to be honest. Everyone knows Beggan is a class, serious keeper, and there isn't any post that says otherwise on here.

On a side note, the fact that Monaghan are doing very well in the Super 8's looks well on our ability and potential, in my opinion. We were competitive enough with them for large periods of the Laois Monaghan match and were still in the game with 5 mins to go. The fact that we were fairly competitive with what looks like a top 4 team bodes well for next year, hopefully.

Laoiseabu

I'd say Beggan wont be far off an all star , he will probably get it . His right foot in fairness is some weapon. Big man too

Junior Ex Laoistalk

While I would Beggan has a great kickout the primary job of a goalkeeper is to stop shots. Beggan failed to do that at a vital time today.

No other keeper has come near our man Brody this year in that regard and for that reason he would be well justified an all star nomination.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

Seriously ? Beggan will get the All Star because his the best, Brody will possibly get an nomination but the way these things work it is as likely he won't.  Beggan nailed on for an all star

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2018, 09:42:58 PM
I think what he's trying to say is that some people on here, including myself, believe Brody is not far off being nominated for an all-star. Ballyroan's critical thinking seems to be off, so he assumes because we rate Brody, we don't rate Beggan. Not sure what he's on about to be honest. Everyone knows Beggan is a class, serious keeper, and there isn't any post that says otherwise on here.

On a side note, the fact that Monaghan are doing very well in the Super 8's looks well on our ability and potential, in my opinion. We were competitive enough with them for large periods of the Laois Monaghan match and were still in the game with 5 mins to go. The fact that we were fairly competitive with what looks like a top 4 team bodes well for next year, hopefully.
It was the exact same carry on, when we played Dublin in Kilkenny 2 years ago. When the other team are playing in 2nd gear, as Monaghan were in the 2nd half against us.  You cannot judge where we are, Brody there is no denying his performance against Monaghan but in all reality his busy because our defense is not holding up.  I get it we have to look at the positives, but comparisons with Monaghan who have been building over 4 or 5 years are overly optimistic.  We really need to keep progressing up the League and hopefully championship draws are kind. 

The PRO

Beggan is a good footballer but I'm not so sure he's a good goalkeeper.

Tony

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 23, 2018, 09:16:36 AM
Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2018, 09:42:58 PM

It was the exact same carry on, when we played Dublin in Kilkenny 2 years ago. When the other team are playing in 2nd gear, as Monaghan were in the 2nd half against us.  You cannot judge where we are, Brody there is no denying his performance against Monaghan but in all reality his busy because our defense is not holding up.  I get it we have to look at the positives, but comparisons with Monaghan who have been building over 4 or 5 years are overly optimistic.  We really need to keep progressing up the League and hopefully championship draws are kind.
Saying that the only reason we have periods of playing well against good teams is that they're in 2nd gear makes no sense. So Dublin, a team who butcher everyone and try to beat you by a hockey score, just went easy on us when we started to play well. Yeah right. Or Monaghan were going easy on us in the 2nd half in Navan this year? No they weren't. We need to give ourselves credit and not be afraid of it. Monaghan were the better team but we competed well enough with them for 30- 35 mins. We won the 2nd half there. The prize was a super 8's spot - of course they were not going in 2nd gear.