Ride on Lawnmower

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 01, 2009, 10:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Lads,
Looking for a bit of help, i want to purchase a ride on lawnmower for about 700- 1000 euro. Does any one know a good second hand dealer as most of the new mowers i looked are about 3000 euro. i have a fairly large lawn, nearly an acre. Distance isnt really a problem. Thanks.

cavan4ever

Main Street

Might take some time to get through an acres worth of grass but worth considering nevertheless.

youngfella

These are cheaper to run  ;)
Pull hard and early

muppet

I thought this was going to be another 'Unladylike' thread.  ???
MWWSI 2017

youngfella

Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2009, 04:20:55 PM
I thought this was going to be another 'Unladylike' thread.  ???
:D
Pull hard and early

Karl Kennedy

Lads, any recommendations on the best ride on lawnmower to buy?
What brand is best? And what price bracket are they?

Aristo 60

I like the thought of one the wee robotic lads. Husquarvana or lisdoonvarma or something

Karl Kennedy

Yes they look good but are expensive. Would need one that could cut large garden which would possibly be £2000 for robotic one.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on March 20, 2018, 09:27:48 PM
Yes they look good but are expensive. Would need one that could cut large garden which would possibly be £2000 for robotic one.
Similar money for ride-on.

Dougal Maguire

I've a Mountfield which I bought brand new a few years ago. It's a good job. It's not hydrostatic but it's dead on. Remember in all likelihood you'll need a smaller push mower to do the edges and perhaps a strimmer as well
Careful now

trueblue1234

Is the garden level or do you have any slopes? If you have slopes then make sure you get on with an oil pump.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

illdecide

TBH with that amount of money i doubt you'll get anything decent, probably buy someone else problem
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

sensethetone

I bought a second hand one a few years ago with the plan of upgrading it if I liked it. Still have it as I need the higher powered twin cut one for steep slopes, to replace new with a Honda or Huskie is basically £2500. Smaller capacity ride-on's are less expensive.

Itchy

Quote from: illdecide on March 21, 2018, 09:08:46 AM
TBH with that amount of money i doubt you'll get anything decent, probably buy someone else problem

Indeed I hope he hasn't been waiting all this time for your reply!