Club Championships Jan-Mar 2019

Started by Ball Hopper, December 10, 2018, 01:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Half time Dr. Crokes 0-11 Mullinalaghta 2-3. 14 man Crokes strong finish to the half to lead by 2.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

They don't miss much crokes but they look suspect on the high ball in when their full back is isolated.

Shamrock Shore

Down here in Thurles. Right beside pitch. I was expecting a snooker table. More like cabbage patch. I think I Crokes have edge here. Mystified as to why Buckley got red. Looked a simple collision

J70

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 16, 2019, 02:56:49 PM
Gaoth Dobhair probably needed more from Mac Niallais to win that but Silke had him well marshalled for most of the game. Cassidy won the battle of the auld lads up front but it wasn't enough.

Hard to argue with result. A bit more clinical up front and Corofin would have had a couple more goals. Gaoth Dobhair stuck with it all game though.

Very impressed with Corofin, especially their quick kick passing to get the ball up to their forwards while they were in space. They had that wee bit more class and know-how up front than Gaoth Dobhair, who were more laboured in their build up. The Gaoth Dobhair men can hold their heads high though - gave their all and gave Corofin a tough game, but just were a wee bit short.

GalwayBayBoy

Think the sending off has woken Crokes up. Been much better since. Mullinalaghta can't track the runners coming from deep.

Gael85

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 16, 2019, 04:24:47 PM
Think the sending off has woken Crokes up. Been much better since. Mullinalaghta can't track the runners coming from deep.

Referee bottled putting Daithi Casey off too .

imtommygunn

Crokes too good. Some very handy forwards  there.

Blowitupref

The underdogs hanging in there and almost scored a goal a few minutes ago. Mullinalaghta 2-6 Dr Crokes 0-16. 47 mins played.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Mullinalaghta getting some joy out of the high ball today when they use it.

Schkite

Mullinaghta stepped it up a bit in the last 5-10 minutes, looking more like a team with a man advantage.  Crokes look vulnerable in the full back line whenever they're got at.

Crokes attack is too good and clinical though.

Blowitupref

Full time Dr Crokes 0-18 Mullinalaghta 2-7. The top two sides fare off in the final. Mullinalaghta fairy tale over but what a fantastic season they had.

imtommygunn

That has the makings of a good final.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2019, 04:56:09 PM
I hope it lives up to its billing. Two good enjoyable semi finals today and the two underdogs gave a good account of themselves which was pleasing to see.

Rossfan

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 16, 2019, 04:11:23 PM
in Thurles. Right beside pitch. I was expecting a snooker table. More like cabbage patch.
Thought the game had been moved to Páirc Frank when I saw the pitch.
Good effort by the Longford lads but the better team won.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 16, 2019, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2019, 04:56:09 PM
I hope it lives up to its billing. Two good enjoyable semi finals today and the two underdogs gave a good account of themselves which was pleasing to see.

Both finals will be decent on Paddy's day.. hard to pick a winner, Shamrocks and Crokes will be favs, expect good crowds at this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea