The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: dec on February 15, 2019, 02:29:28 AM
I don't think there were going to be too many unionized bonds at amazon.

im talking about the construction jobs to build thq HQ

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on February 15, 2019, 01:54:10 AM
J70-what do the locals in Queens think of Amazons decision

(I can't imagine the Union members are too happy with AOC and her cabal)

AOC is an Amazon
Might be over your head though Whitey

Believe what you want
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Never forget that Republicans' plan for health care in this country was to throw 23 million Americans off of their health insurance, raise premiums and allow insurance companies to discriminate against patients with pre-existing conditions. The American people soundly rejected that agenda in November. What they want is clear: 70 percent of Americans, including 52 percent of Republicans, support making health care a right through Medicare for all.

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

I can't wait to see Trump declaring a national emergency over the nonexistent border crisis. It just means that the next Democratic President can declare national emergencies over real issues, like gun violence, lack of health care coverage, and climate change.

easytiger95

Quote from: Dolph1 on February 14, 2019, 06:35:46 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on February 14, 2019, 06:15:43 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 14, 2019, 03:49:22 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on February 14, 2019, 02:09:56 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 12, 2019, 05:23:23 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on February 12, 2019, 05:08:47 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 12, 2019, 03:36:33 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on February 12, 2019, 02:49:36 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 11, 2019, 07:09:27 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on February 11, 2019, 07:00:50 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 11, 2019, 06:24:42 PM
"Governor Northam has lost all moral authority and should resign immediately, Justin Fairfax is the leader Virginia needs now."

Joe Biden - Feb 2nd

He is indeed. PMSL. Boy the Democrats have been quiet this week - they know they've taken a hiding.
From Virginia to Trump's mega-SOTU to Occasio-Idiots cow flatulence ban. Democrats want to turn everyone into soyboys.

I take it soyboy is a bad thing? What is the opposite of being a soyboy?

A man.
It's pretty bad. Soyboys are pathetic excuses for humans.

If this bunch of nutjobs get in you'll be eating quorn and tofu for every meal. No more meat.

So I assume by your antipathy to soy, you don't use it. Which makes you a man?

Watch Cuck Central weeknights  ;D

You didn't answer my question. If you're not a soyboy, what are you?

I'd call myself an alpha male.
I like God, cars, guns and hot women. And GAA.

Hi. 2 genuine questions.

Has anyone else bar you ever called you an Alpha male?

Have you ever called anyone a soyboy to their face? (if so, what was their reaction?)

yes and yes, they ran away crying.

Thanks

Again, this is quite genuine.

Can I ask who called you an alpha male (or at least their relationship to you)?

And can I ask the same for who you called soyboy?

Thanks

Which agency do you work for and am I under oath?

I'm asking for myself, and of course you don't have to answer, I'm just genuinely interested.

So, could you answer the above, please?

seafoid

The abridged Whitey and other sockpuppets

https://www.ft.com/content/a58b4414-299e-11e9-a5ab-ff8ef2b976c7

Trump and Brexit have ended up remarkably similar. Here's why

'Anglo-American populism is a mix of wronged superpower vengeance plus buccaneering capitalism'

Simon Kuper

Simon KuperFebruary 7, 2019

Like identical twins raised in different homes, the Trump and Brexit projects have ended up remarkably similar. They were similar in their advertising in 2016 and are now similar in the way they actually work — even if the advertising isn't similar to the way they work.Both have broken down over the issue of a hard border with a neighbouring country. Both are flirting with a trade war. Neither looks able to pass any more legislation. It's common to lump all contemporary populisms together. But Anglo-American populism is a unique variant: a mixture of wronged superpower vengeance plus buccaneering capitalism. Here is the Trump-Brexit governing philosophy, as revealed in power:
Destroying the status quo might be better than the status quo. You never know until you try.

The revolution will recreate the glorious past. So there's no need to waste time planning for coming developments, such as climate change or artificial intelligence.
The future of our countries is the older people who backed the revolution.People who opposed the revolution, as well as disloyal parts of the country (London, Scotland, Puerto Rico, California, sanctuary cities) should be ignored or punished.

Ignore all critics, except fellow revolutionaries who accuse you of betraying the revolution, such as Jacob Rees-Mogg or Ann Coulter.Cabinet ministers do not need experience or expertise. So it's fine if you're on your third Brexit secretary in seven months, or if you have caretakers running the US's defence, justice and interior departments, plus the Environmental Protection Agency. Don't let anyone kid you that making a revolution is complicated.

Don't worry if government departments aren't doing their everyday work. It probably wasn't important anyway.There's no need for friends abroad. (Trump and Brexit haven't even made friends with each other.) Military alliances will only weaken you.

Weakling neighbours that we bullied in the glorious past — Mexico and Ireland — will bow down again if shouted at hard enough
.The great revolutionary project is renegotiating trade deals, even though these typically do little for services, which make up about 80 per cent of the US and British economies. You don't need to have ever negotiated a trade deal to know exactly how to do it. An inspired dealmaker can overcome any inconvenient facts on the ground.
Even while undoing existing business arrangements, the revolution's leaders must always look after their own pocketbooks and profit from those arrangements where necessary. Hence Trump's use of undocumented immigrant workers, his daughter Ivanka's Chinese trademarks, the Ireland-based investment funds of Rees-Mogg's SCM and John Redwood's advice to investors to shun Britain.

No matter how long the leaders of the revolution run the country, how much money they have or how expensive their schooling was, they can never become the elite. Journalists, academics and opposition politicians are the elite.

The people are simple and should be addressed accordingly. Always repeat the same three-word slogans — "Brexit means Brexit", "Build the wall", "Take back control" — or people may get confused.

The short-term health of the people is worth sacrificing in pursuit of the revolution. Left-behind Americans do not need health insurance or action on opioids. The benefits of a no-deal Brexit will outweigh any tiresome medical shortages.

If some people don't have food — after a no-deal, or because they haven't been paid during a government shutdown — they can always get some if they just put their minds to it. After all, the leaders of the revolution manage. Grocery stores will "work along" with penniless Americans, says Trump; Sammy Wilson of Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist party advises anyone hit by Brexit-induced food shortages to "go to the chippy"

The revolution knows better than business people what's best for business, even if the revolutionaries never worked in business or went bankrupt six times when they did. If the head of Airbus says that no-deal will hurt his company, he obviously doesn't understand the aerospace industry. Similarly, Japanese carmakers seem strangely blind to the opportunities that Brexit is opening up. And American business will eventually realise that what it really needed was a trade war with China.

Proof of the revolution's rightness is that the economic growth that continued all through the pre-revolutionary government is continuing, so far (even if it has slowed a bit in the UK, but what are you — some kind of accountant?).

There was nothing dubious about the votes that brought the revolution to power and, anyway, it all happened long ago, so anyone who bores on about it is just trying to subvert the will of the people.

Emmanuel Macron, Angela Merkel and all those faceless people in Brussels who work for Germany are ungrateful whiners who owe us a favour. They are about to go pop and disappear.
If you ever have to choose between changing the world or changing your world view, always change the world. The revolution never compromises, not even with reality.

seafoid

« weakling neighbours that we bullied in the glorious past — Mexico and Ireland — will bow down again if shouted at hard enough »

Mexico

http://www.lahc.edu/classes/socialscience/history/valadez/19/sonsofmalinche.pdf

Ireland

http://irishpage.com/poems/valentin.htm

whitey

Seafoiid

For the thousandth time I'm not a Trump supporter

I am a conservative so I would obviously agree with SOME of his policies

I am a conservative so I obviously dislike the Democrats and all the hypocrisy they represent

As Joe Scarborough said this week the Democrats have just given Trump his closing argument for 2020 through a series of unforced errors. (New Green Deal, Celebration of Third Trimester Abortion, Virginia and now Amazon)

J70

What is Trump going to say about Virginia? He mentions blackface, and all his opponent has to do is mention Charlottesville, the alt-right, David Duke, federal law suits for discimination in housing, right wing political strongmen and so on and on.

Amazon - yes... if his opponent is AOC or Jimmy van Braemer. On the other hand, DiBlasio and, especially, Cuomo, were ardent supporters of the Amazon deal, while the majority of New Yorkers, an overwhelmingly Democratic town, also supported it.

The third trimester abortion issue... I guess, if Trump wants to run on straw man arguments and misrepresented quotes, as opposed to the real problem of how to address late term pregnancy emergencies.

Green new deal... remains to be seen, but at least AOC and her ilk are trying to do something, present a roadmap or whatever, extreme/overambitious as it might be in certain respects, rather than present the outright lies and "nothing to see here" cynicism you get from Trump and the broader conservative movement.

And the "Democratic hypocrisy"... when are you ever going to admit that politicians and politics as an enterprise is inherently replete with hypocrisy. Its the nature of the beast. They all do it. Republicans and conservatives are NOT less hypocriticial than Democrats and liberals. Its just that you don't care or notice when your side does it; for whatever reason you appear to care less about your side and its policies than about your grievances with the (in your perception) hypocrisy of the Democrats and the "lamestream" media.

whitey

Wow...you really are that naive

Virginia could swing to Trump very easily without him saying a word. That opens up a wide lane for him

Amazon=job killing Democrats (he doesn't need to be running against AOC)

CHEERING third trimester abortion-

Green New Deal-JOKE (and then the lying trying to cover it up, getting some cover from the media but even they eventually called it out)

Each one of these things could conservatively swing a percentage point of voters in favor or Trump

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on February 15, 2019, 11:48:35 AM

Virginia could swing to Trump very easily without him saying a word. That opens up a wide lane for him

Green New Deal-JOKE (and then the lying trying to cover it up, getting some cover from the media but even they eventually called it out)

Each one of these things could conservatively swing a percentage point of voters in favor or Trump
Whitey

Why is the Green New Deal a joke ?

Explain in 50 words if you manage that

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 15, 2019, 01:54:10 AM
J70-what do the locals in Queens think of Amazons decision

(I can't imagine the Union members are too happy with AOC and her cabal)

Apparently some of the unions supported it, some didn't. Construction guys obviously, while the likes of 32BJ (SEIU) wanted the jobs for the cleaners and security staff and so on.

Most people I know were happy Amazon were coming and are pissed off now they're not. Yeah, they were getting tax breaks, but they and their staff would have paid plenty too, while it would have meant plenty of business for the LIC area. On the other hand, it's already gentrifying like crazy, with expensive rentals and coops being built all along the waterfront and further in for the past five years or more, putting pressure on public infrastructure like schools and the subways, but the Amazon presence would surely have provided more funding to upgrade, despite the hysteria over the tax breaks. However, it's NYC - it's not some one-company town where the factory closed and shipped the jobs to Mexico.

Have to say I'm a little surprised at Amazon though. The polls were in their favour; DiBlasio and Cuomo all for the deal. Their hearts can't have been in it.

J70

Quote from: whitey on February 15, 2019, 11:48:35 AM

Perhaps I am naive in that a lying, misrepresenting, cynical Trump could twist those issues in his favour. I don't deny that.

What I'm saying is that, on the substance, they're fairly easily countered.