2019 Season Ticket

Started by clarshack, December 21, 2018, 06:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Has anyone else got theirs in time for Christmas?
Still haven't received mine and 2 of them are supposed to be presents. Emailed the season ticket office during the week and they said they were posted out last week. Was also chatting to the postman earlier and he said they definitely should have been here by now.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

For the counties that don't reach the All Ireland final is there good value in a season ticket nowadays?

BennyCake

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 21, 2018, 08:59:31 PM
For the counties that don't reach the All Ireland final is there good value in a season ticket nowadays?

Unless you're from the likes of Dublin Kerry Mayo Galway etc and more or less guaranteed to make provincial final, I don't see the point. Most other counties, god knows where the back door will take them. It's hard to know if you will be able to travel around the country 4/5 weeks in a row. You can opt out once, the rest you're charged whether you go or not. That's why the take up is good in the top counties.

RedHand88

I haven't got mine yet either.  ???

markl121

Had one last year for Derry. Don't ask me why. Made it to 5/7 league games. Tickets for these games were £12 each. And the championship game v Donegal. I think that ticket was worth about £25. So I used about £85 of a 100 Euro ticket. Not really worth it for me especially since Derry are so poor atm so no real prospect of a good championship run.

clarshack

Cunny Funt

Quote from: markl121 on December 21, 2018, 10:31:46 PM
Had one last year for Derry. Don’t ask me why. Made it to 5/7 league games. Tickets for these games were £12 each. And the championship game v Donegal. I think that ticket was worth about £25. So I used about £85 of a 100 Euro ticket. Not really worth it for me especially since Derry are so poor atm so no real prospect of a good championship run.
Surely it would make sense to have season tickets at a cheaper price for division 3 and 4 counties?

Rossfan

markl121

Yeah as far as I know the div1/2 tickets are 120 euro? mine was 100

Cunny Funt

Should be at cheaper price than €100 and a county would need to reach the last 8 for supporters to get decent value out of their €120 ticket as its not so long ago that season tickets was €75

Rossfan

True Cunny.
They were great value when they first came out but now when you can get NFL tickets cheap in advance in Supervalu plus charging €128....
You'd need your team to make a NFL Final and reach the last 8 to save anything.

ctrallying

Is anybody still waiting on season tickets, i ordered mine on the 6th of December and still no sign of them, evertime I ring or email they tell me a different lie.

Armagh Girl

We ordered our tickets also mid December.  I contacted them yesterday and apparently the printer had broken and held up production - they advised that tickets should be here today, and if not to contact them.  Still not arrived and have advised them, so awaiting further instruction.  Hope that helps!

jmk