The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 08:52:18 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 08:50:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 08:40:17 PM
If all or most the women and lads you know drink themselves into the ground constantly I would say you should be reassessing who you keep company with rather than giving advice here.

Incredible stuff. This is the best laugh you've given me yet.

The truth hurts, I guess.

I imagine you're well familiar with the true pain of being completely and utterly alone alright.

An Watcher

Jesus boozing sessions in Belfast were crazy.  Drank til I got to oblivion and then topped up with some more just in case.  Women were just as bad.  Couldn't drink the half of it now!

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 09:12:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 08:52:18 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 08:50:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 08:40:17 PM
If all or most the women and lads you know drink themselves into the ground constantly I would say you should be reassessing who you keep company with rather than giving advice here.

Incredible stuff. This is the best laugh you've given me yet.

The truth hurts, I guess.

I imagine you're well familiar with the true pain of being completely and utterly alone alright.

Someone is a little emotional. Take a breather.

AZOffaly

I thought you went to Auburn Syferus. If not I'm putting you on the SEC blacklist 😀

brokencrossbar1

I have a 19 year old son. He's a good lad but like most of his peers likes a drink. I've seen what his peers drink, including the females and trust me a glass and a half of wine and 3 vodkas doubles or singles would not even make a dent in their night. I know myself what I drank at that age. I can only imagine what the students are drinking. Syferus you are very far removed from reality in so many ways. I'm not saying I agree with it but the drink culture of 19-21 year olds is serious and they all do well.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 27, 2018, 10:20:52 PM
I have a 19 year old son. He's a good lad but like most of his peers likes a drink. I've seen what his peers drink, including the females and trust me a glass and a half of wine and 3 vodkas doubles or singles would not even make a dent in their night. I know myself what I drank at that age. I can only imagine what the students are drinking. Syferus you are very far removed from reality in so many ways. I'm not saying I agree with it but the drink culture of 19-21 year olds is serious and they all do well.
19?! You were early off the mark. Aye I remember a rake of cans before even starting drinking and teenagers these days are no different. Go out to any town centre in the country at 2am on a Saturday night and you'll see girls not able to stand.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2018, 10:27:40 PM
19?! You were early off the mark. Aye I remember a rake of cans before even starting drinking and teenagers these days are no different. Go out to any town centre in the country at 2am on a Saturday night and you'll see girls not able to stand.

Tell me about it T!!!!  Reliving life now though  ;)

gallsman

Lies. All of you. All it ever was or will be was a few sociables and off home safely to bed under your own steam.

::) ::) ::)

Therealdonald

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 11:02:32 PM
Lies. All of you. All it ever was or will be was a few sociables and off home safely to bed under your own steam.

The only time that happened was if you'd a big game the following weekend. Syferus has united us all in our pining for the past anyhow. No mean feat.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 27, 2018, 10:41:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2018, 10:27:40 PM

Tell me about it T!!!!  Reliving life now though  ;)
Aye doll in work got her two out of the way sharpish and said she's having her 20s in her 40s now! Always on holiday to somewhere with the husband now the kids can look after themselves.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Therealdonald on March 27, 2018, 11:03:59 PM

The only time that happened was if you'd a big game the following weekend. Syferus has united us all in our pining for the past anyhow. No mean feat.

Following weekend?  ;D

That's were I got it wrong!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Would you be a sherry or port man?

Solo_run

I've only ever got wasted a handful of times and a bit drunk alot of times at uni. These days I can't be bothered with drinking but it is grim out the drinking culture is getting out of hand. Don't see why people want to get drunk to the point where they collapse in some Street corner.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 06:06:47 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 05:53:49 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 27, 2018, 05:47:51 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 05:38:56 PM
A large glass and half of wine and three double vodkas over the course of a night out would be pretty tame by student standards.

Maybe.  It was in my day.  Just saying we (on the board) can't second guess her tolerance to alcohol.

Absolutely not, just making the observation. If I was on a jury and heard that that was the total consumption over a night out consisting of pre-drinks, a nightclub and a house party afterwards I'd be raising my eyebrows.

Most of the women I knew in college didn't drink heavily. A couple glasses of wine and an alchopop or two and they were done. Same as most lads, they knew their limits. For all this talk of students binge drinking the fact is the vast majority don't drink themselves into a coma and at least stop before they get to a point where they can't find their way home.
You can't form an opinion from  what you saw while delivering pizzas to the students accommodation blocks
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

seafoid

2 convictions and 2 acquittals would reflect the Board opinion given she took her top off/rape culture/the witness said she was smiling/they are all lying
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU