The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hound on March 27, 2018, 04:09:06 PM
Can anyone come up with a theory as to why whether she accessed Uber on her phone is of any importance?

Given that they are looking for Harrison's statement I'd hazard a guess that they have issues about the time line and his/her version of events for what happened after she left.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Hound on March 27, 2018, 04:09:06 PM
Can anyone come up with a theory as to why whether she accessed Uber on her phone is of any importance?

Maybe it's been missed in our twitter updates during her evidence - something along the lines she had to go back to her room, to get her phone, to order a taxi? Some sort of crossover with what Harrison has said about the taxi / taxi man's evidence?

Milltown Row2

Deciding over the 4 defendants this will take longer than normal to come to a verdict..are the jury not privy to the evidence that has been provided during the case, or are they soley dependant on what they have heared and summed up by the lawyers and judge?

Jesus I'd have forgot half the stuff mentioned at the start of teh case
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omagh_gael

Could it have something to do with gaining an insight into her level of intoxication? If she was so far out of it with intoxication (therefore not be in a position to give consent) could she use her phone in a competent enough fashion to order an Uber?

AQMP

David and/or bcb1...is the jury bound to consider the cases in any particular order e.g Jackson is facing the most serious charges so they look at this first, or can they start anywhere, e.g looking at Harrison's evidence?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 27, 2018, 04:25:57 PM
Could it have something to do with gaining an insight into her level of intoxication? If she was so far out of it with intoxication (therefore not be in a position to give consent) could she use her phone in a competent enough fashion to order an Uber?

She ordered the taxi at 4 in the morning or so, I'd say after all that happened she'd have well sobered up after that.. she only had a glass of wine and three doubles over 8 hours or more
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Quote from: AQMP on March 27, 2018, 04:27:51 PM
David and/or bcb1...is the jury bound to consider the cases in any particular order e.g Jackson is facing the most serious charges so they look at this first, or can they start anywhere, e.g looking at Harrison's evidence?

They can start anywhere and can return unanimous verdicts on any defendant separately to the other. Ie they can return a verdict on one and then go on deliberating about the others although that is not to be encouraged. Also defence and prosecution will be fully aware of the questions. The judge will discuss with them how they should be answered
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2018, 04:31:22 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 27, 2018, 04:25:57 PM

She ordered the taxi at 4 in the morning or so, I'd say after all that happened she'd have well sobered up after that.. she only had a glass of wine and three doubles over 8 hours or more

To be exact, she said she had a large glass and a half of red wine at her friend's house and then three double vodkas.  It's hard for us to work out if that's enough to make her drunk, maybe she can hold her drink and was fine or maybe a couple of drinks and she's away with the band and she was hammered.  I think that's why they've looked at the CCTV from Ollie's a few times.

gallsman

A large glass and half of wine and three double vodkas over the course of a night out would be pretty tame by student standards.

AQMP

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 05:38:56 PM
A large glass and half of wine and three double vodkas over the course of a night out would be pretty tame by student standards.

Maybe.  It was in my day.  Just saying we (on the board) can't second guess her tolerance to alcohol.

magpie seanie

Jury have asked the judge 3 questions. These will be dealt with when the trial resumes in the morning.

gallsman

Quote from: AQMP on March 27, 2018, 05:47:51 PM

Maybe.  It was in my day.  Just saying we (on the board) can't second guess her tolerance to alcohol.

Absolutely not, just making the observation. If I was on a jury and heard that that was the total consumption over a night out consisting of pre-drinks, a nightclub and a house party afterwards I'd be raising my eyebrows.

seafoid

Thank God it is nearly over.  A few songs came into mind.

The lads think they are God's gift to women

https://youtu.be/wyx6JDQCslE

The complainant was unforgettable

https://youtu.be/CTFtOOh47oo

It is not clear who removed her top

https://youtu.be/b1_B-IKEufg
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 05:53:49 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 27, 2018, 05:47:51 PM

Absolutely not, just making the observation. If I was on a jury and heard that that was the total consumption over a night out consisting of pre-drinks, a nightclub and a house party afterwards I'd be raising my eyebrows.

Most of the women I knew in college didn't drink heavily. A couple glasses of wine and an alchopop or two and they were done. Same as most lads, they knew their limits. For all this talk of students binge drinking the fact is the vast majority don't drink themselves into a coma and at least stop before they get to a point where they can't find their way home.

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 04:14:11 PM
Quote from: Hound on March 27, 2018, 03:44:36 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 27, 2018, 02:45:43 PM
I would venture that very few people think the complainant lied to Dr. Lavery.
I think she lied about Olding having vaginal sex with her. He was never behind her, and in her actual court testimony there was never any hint of it.

Ffs, the reason it wasn't brought up in court was because he's not facing that charge. You've hardly stumbled across the smoking you appear to think you have.
Not sure what's gotten your goat up gallsman???

I didnt say I'd stumbled across a smoking gun or anything of the likes!!

Maybe you should read what the judge said before jumping down my throat.

The judge said that if the complainant lied to the doctor, then the lads should walk free. The lie or mistake was that she said to the doctor that she had been vaginally raped by two people, when in actual fact (and agreed by all parties now) Olding did not have vaginal sex with her.

So there's nothing wrong with me speculating that it will be crucial for the jury to decide if that was a lie or a mistake (perhaps caused by trauma)