The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2018, 02:03:10 PM
Is a civil case a possibility?

That had crossed my mind as well. If they're found not guilty, not sure anyone would want to go through it again.

Dinny Breen

I heard both players are gone regardless and PJ is gone to Exeter. Also heard that there will be a civil case.
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

Quote from: NAG1 on March 27, 2018, 02:02:49 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2018, 02:00:07 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 27, 2018, 01:57:49 PM
Quote from: Rois on March 27, 2018, 01:54:39 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 27, 2018, 01:45:33 PM

I think if I were the marketing manager of Kingspan or Kukri I wouldn't want a top shagging spit roasting heavy drinker running around with my company's name across his chest.
Not to mention one of the hundreds (thousands?) of season ticket holders who bring their children to games.

Sports fans are fickle though Rois.
A bit of success and a lot of your past is forgiven
Yeah there is no way Ulster Rugby would take a significant medium to long-term hit on taking them back. The top shagger v evangelical Christian make-up of the team would be problematic but I'm sure their lifestyle choices were well known to each other.

Think this myth has kind of been dispelled., was led up by the SA connection which has waned.

Yeah think thats a bit of a myth. Only ones I know of are Trimble and I think Henderson.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 02:06:39 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2018, 02:03:10 PM
Is a civil case a possibility?

That had crossed my mind as well. If they're found not guilty, not sure anyone would want to go through it again.

It is but lack of anonymity may dissuade it happening. Also there are financial risks of running a Litigation case

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 27, 2018, 02:07:41 PM
I heard both players are gone regardless and PJ is gone to Exeter. Also heard that there will be a civil case.

A real family club also in the Irish province type ethos. Would be interesting!

GetOverTheBar

Maybe not anymore, Exeter have signed Cuthbert since - he wouldn't be cheap.

omagh_gael

On a wider note, if the girl didn't consent to a certain element of the sexual interaction, for example Olding joining in, yet felt powerless/'froze' due to the trauma of the situation and as a result didn't scream or shout out. How does the male/s in the situation understand that the initial consent has been withdrawn and therefore stop the sexual contact?

I'm in no way victim blaming here just making the observation that the (absolutely true) 'froze in fear' trauma of the victim may be extremely hard/impossible to interpret by the 'aggressor' in cases like this.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 27, 2018, 02:12:03 PM

They see him as Steenson's replacement, Cuthbert is a decent signing but his form is woeful.
#newbridgeornowhere

Taylor

This is all assuming they are innocent off course.

What is the usual length of jail time if found guilty?

Hound

If people think the "Top Shagger" stuff doesn't also go on in Leinster and Munster, they'd be very naive. Probably Ireland's best player in the 6N was involved in a Munster 3some that was very high profile on social media. BOD was supposed to be quite the playboy before he settled down. Lots of stories about other players too. Money, youth, fame and some of them even have looks, "Top shaggers", one night stands and after-boasting must be absolutely prolific

(I'd say even the Connacht lads get the odd score  ;) )

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Hound on March 27, 2018, 02:28:26 PM
If people think the "Top Shagger" stuff doesn't also go on in Leinster and Munster, they'd be very naive. Probably Ireland's best player in the 6N was involved in a Munster 3some that was very high profile on social media. BOD was supposed to be quite the playboy before he settled down. Lots of stories about other players too. Money, youth, fame and some of them even have looks, "Top shaggers", one night stands and after-boasting must be absolutely prolific

It goes on at any micro level lads, lets be honest. Some of the young lads in our team after we won a Championship not so long ago were transformed into minor celebs in the local area. Not saying it was anything like this case, but you can see how things get out of hand.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 27, 2018, 02:30:45 PM

It goes on at any micro level lads, lets be honest. Some of the young lads in our team after we won a Championship not so long ago were transformed into minor celebs in the local area. Not saying it was anything like this case, but you can see how things get out of hand.

Even the Kilkenny club hurling team were hiring strippers for their team  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Stockdale was hardly involved in a 'Munster threesome'.

By the way, there's a big difference between a threesome and a gang rape..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 02:33:38 PM

Stockdale was hardly involved in a 'Munster threesome'.

By the way, there's a big difference between a threesome and a gang rape..

Thats for the jury to decide i think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 27, 2018, 02:17:34 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 27, 2018, 02:12:03 PM

They see him as Steenson's replacement, Cuthbert is a decent signing but his form is woeful.

Steenson back 'home' as a replacement, would be interesting.

Cuthbert has been woeful since the previous Lions tour, but still shows the occasional glimpse of genius that gets him by. There's still a hell of a player there though at 27