The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 10:02:53 PM
As I clearly stated earlier Tommy, I'm not talking about the women that Weinstein physically forced himself on. I'm talking about those who had a choice and still had sex with him.

Fair enough but i don't agree with your definition of choice. ( not even remotely)

Anyway you are entitled to your view.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 05, 2018, 10:04:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 05, 2018, 09:59:32 PM
Come on lads lets not pretend you havent bought the missus something with a view towards a bit of filth as repayment.

Boots! Very expensive
The chemist or the footwear?!  ;D

Asal Mor

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2018, 10:10:13 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 10:02:53 PM
As I clearly stated earlier Tommy, I'm not talking about the women that Weinstein physically forced himself on. I'm talking about those who had a choice and still had sex with him.

Fair enough but i don't agree with your definition of choice. ( not even remotely)

Anyway you are entitled to your view.
Fair enough Tommy.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2018, 09:17:50 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 09:10:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2018, 05:00:04 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 04:01:27 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 05, 2018, 03:30:36 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 03:22:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2018, 03:17:46 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 03:11:30 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 05, 2018, 01:28:39 PM
A prostitute takes part in sex for the financial reward, there is no expectation beyond that. These girls were not prostitutes but put in a compromising position with a stark choice to make not related to their skillset on audition and I can't see how you could draw parallels with both.
I'm sure most prostitutes are faced with tough life choices too. They both take the decision to sell their bodies. I don't accept that the movie industry is so small that those actresses couldn't have rejected the advances of a Weinstein type and tried to have made it somewhere else.

I bet that most prostitutes wouldn't find the comparison as surprising as you do.

Wow.

Asal Mor, folks.
I'm not talking about those women who were raped or assaulted by Weinstein types obviously.

Of course you're not.
The rest thought he was a real hunk and couldn't wait to get stripped for action in his hotel room........

He abused his position of power where he could make or break their careers and exploited these girls end off and if you can't see that then there's no hope for you.
He certainly had the power to make their careers but it's horseshit to say he had the power to break them. It's the kind of horseshit that goes unquestioned though, as it's labelled "victim blaming".  He's just one man(ok he was very powerful) in a huge global industry. If they were talented enough there's literally a whole world of opportunities and auditions for them. They took the shortcut to the high life and then try to paint themselves as victims.

Ach now that is poor. Paint themselves as victims. You are coming across like fearon- that is the level of that post.
You're equating child sex abuse victims with consenting adults there Tommy. A perfect illustration of how silly the victim culture has gone.

You've been found out. I knew it for a while.
Yeah I was still right about Ched though.

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 10:22:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2018, 09:17:50 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 09:10:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2018, 05:00:04 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 04:01:27 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 05, 2018, 03:30:36 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 03:22:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2018, 03:17:46 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 03:11:30 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 05, 2018, 01:28:39 PM
A prostitute takes part in sex for the financial reward, there is no expectation beyond that. These girls were not prostitutes but put in a compromising position with a stark choice to make not related to their skillset on audition and I can't see how you could draw parallels with both.
I'm sure most prostitutes are faced with tough life choices too. They both take the decision to sell their bodies. I don't accept that the movie industry is so small that those actresses couldn't have rejected the advances of a Weinstein type and tried to have made it somewhere else.

I bet that most prostitutes wouldn't find the comparison as surprising as you do.

Wow.

Asal Mor, folks.
I'm not talking about those women who were raped or assaulted by Weinstein types obviously.

Of course you're not.
The rest thought he was a real hunk and couldn't wait to get stripped for action in his hotel room........

He abused his position of power where he could make or break their careers and exploited these girls end off and if you can't see that then there's no hope for you.
He certainly had the power to make their careers but it's horseshit to say he had the power to break them. It's the kind of horseshit that goes unquestioned though, as it's labelled "victim blaming".  He's just one man(ok he was very powerful) in a huge global industry. If they were talented enough there's literally a whole world of opportunities and auditions for them. They took the shortcut to the high life and then try to paint themselves as victims.

Ach now that is poor. Paint themselves as victims. You are coming across like fearon- that is the level of that post.
You're equating child sex abuse victims with consenting adults there Tommy. A perfect illustration of how silly the victim culture has gone.

You've been found out. I knew it for a while.
Yeah I was still right about Ched though.

Were you?

It's bad when you're having to relive your past 'glories' when the heat has gotten too much to handle on this one.

Victims of sexual assault are like prostitutes in your mind. Your opinions on rape victims will hence be treated with deep suspicion.

Asal Mor

Sexual assault? Voluntarily sleeping with a producer to get a part in a movie? Try taking that one to court and see how it goes.

There were plenty who Weinstein did genuinely assault and that's a different matter though I know you well enough at this stage to know you're incapable of engaging your brain and analysing different cases on their own merits.

nrico2006

There are a few of Weinsteins so called victims that are hard to believe.  Rose McGowan claimed she was the victim of an attack in the mid 90s and that she received a huge payoff around that time yet there are loads of pictures of her cosying up to him as recently as 2006/07.  Now she is gaining more exposure than ever because of Weinstein and I seemingly can blame him for everything (caught with drugs but blamed him for planting them)
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

This thread had really increased my ignore list.

johnnycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 10:55:30 PM
Sexual assault? Voluntarily sleeping with a producer to get a part in a movie? Try taking that one to court and see how it goes.

There were plenty who Weinstein did genuinely assault and that's a different matter though I know you well enough at this stage to know you're incapable of engaging your brain and analysing different cases on their own merits.

Did you read that link I posted?

Weinstein was one vindictive, petty hoor of an excuse of a man. Anyone, especially young aspiring actresses who refused his advances were as good as toast in Hollywood.

Had they a choice? Yes, but the fact that he was allowed to get away with his actions for so long speaks volumes for the spivs in Hollywood and that goes for some of the "me too" brigade who came out after Weinstein was on the ropes thanks to some of the braver women, especially those who had gotten a profile where they would be believed and not bought off.

Orior

Come on lads lets not pretend you havent bought the missus something with a view towards a bit of filth as repayment.

As someone else pointed out earlier with the definition of rape, there is a large percentage of husbands who could be prosecuted for raping their wives.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trileacman

Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2018, 02:26:59 AM
Quote from: trileacman on March 05, 2018, 01:48:49 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 04, 2018, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on March 04, 2018, 06:31:31 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on March 04, 2018, 12:19:39 PM
https://www.joe.ie/amp/life-style/anatomy-of-a-night-out-read-the-whatsapp-and-text-messages-sent-by-jackson-olding-mciiroy-harrison-and-others-as-heard-by-the-jury-618032?__twitter_impression=true

Excellent stuff from joe.ie.
Reading the flow of messages I'm even more convinced they didn't rape her.

I'd believe so too. Some strange behaviour on her part. "Lol", "got raped, brilliant night". Whilst you can make an argument in favour of her non-resistance as a manifestation of the horror she was enduring, I'm just not sure how you can present sarcasm as a typical response to a rape event.

I'm not going to even bother to try to unpack that absolute garbage of a post.

Playing the man not the ball, typical petty diversion tactics there syf.

I'd say you're unable to counter that piece of evidence without reaching for the ould "physcological effect of rape" argument. Give it a go there, your so convinced of their guilt you should be able to reason up some excuse.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

The details we got of this trial are so f**king sparse it's impossible to say what the verdict will be. I mean has anyone a link to the exact detail to events that shows Harrison is guilty of perverting the course of justice? The word is he deleted messages but I haven't read any piece where it details how or when he done this. Evidence which must exist if he was charged.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on March 06, 2018, 12:32:56 PM

As someone else pointed out earlier with the definition of rape, there is a large percentage of husbands who could be prosecuted for raping their wives.

And wives raping their husbands
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2018, 12:48:29 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 06, 2018, 12:32:56 PM

And wives raping their husbands
Not sure what goes on in your bedroom

Rape

(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a) he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B)
(b) B does not consent to the penetration, and
(c) A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

(2) Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.

Dire Ear

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 06, 2018, 08:59:18 AM
This thread had really increased my ignore list.
How can I get this function for posters?  Cheers