The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Orior on February 28, 2018, 04:49:55 PM
General question.

Irrespective of the verdict, is this the behaviour you would expect from professional provincial rugby players who are meant to be role models for young people?

Off course not

Ethan Tremblay

It shouldn't be expected from anyone with any morale's to be honest. 

"We are all top shaggers", what a fcking knobhead Olding is

Verdict aside Ulster have to give them the boot
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Hardy

General question.

Irrespective of the verdict, is this the behaviour you would expect from professional provincial rugby players who are meant to be role models for young people?

At least one of these lads was pictured posing in some sort of black-and-white minstrels imitation, if I remember correctly.

Whether guilty or innocent of rape, my verdict is - knobs.

seafoid

Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2018, 04:53:36 PM
General question.

Off course not
Snooker has the concept of bringing the game into disrepute. The boys have disgraced the jersey even if they are cleared.
Les Kiss is probably very happy to have left.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

longballin

Not company you would want your daughter to associate with

Rois

I've been told the IRFU have some sort of morality clause in the contracts.

Not sure what the terms are, but one would imagine the behaviour that has come out would breach it...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on February 28, 2018, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2018, 04:53:36 PM
General question.

Off course not
Snooker has the concept of bringing the game into disrepute. The boys have disgraced the jersey even if they are cleared.
Les Kiss is probably very happy to have left.
I know someone fairly closely involved in the inner workings and there has been an issue with this for some time due to the fact that many of the players were/are evangelical Christians and prayer meetings in the changing rooms involving Pienaar, Marshall etc. were common. The presence of "top shaggers" in their midst added to internal friction.

TabClear

Quote from: Rois on February 28, 2018, 05:26:49 PM

Not sure what the terms are, but one would imagine the behaviour that has come out would breach it...

If it doesnt it is a pretty meaningless clause, regardless of verdict

Avondhu star

Quote from: longballin on February 28, 2018, 05:26:13 PM
To paraphrase a different trial "are these the type of people you would wish your servants to associate with?"
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Avondhu star

I've no doubt that before all this happened many an Ulsterman would have loved to see the daughter and Paddy Jackson walking up the footpath to the red bricked Edwardian house in leafy South Belfast
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Rois

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 28, 2018, 06:02:57 PM
I've no doubt that before all this happened many an Ulsterman would have loved to see the daughter and Paddy Jackson walking up the footpath to the red bricked Edwardian house in leafy South Belfast
Ah you're romanticising...try the 15 year old yellowish brick townhouse in a large development beside a petrol station, Joe Brolly's former abode and Paisley's church.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Rois on February 28, 2018, 05:26:49 PM

Morality clause hmm. Didnt stop zebo or Murray playing on

Asal Mor

I would still think there's more than a reasonable doubt - giving apparently consensual oral to Olding according to the only independent witness to the case. With inconsistencies and hazy memories on both sides, the eye-witness testimony is all we really have to go on.

gallsman

I wonder if the "why would/wouldn't she say that" crowd are asking themselves the same questions about the activities of some of the lads - deleting messages, talking about spit roasts etc when they all claim not to have had sex with her etc

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on February 28, 2018, 09:00:58 PM
I wonder if the "why would/wouldn't she say that" crowd are asking themselves the same questions about the activities of some of the lads - deleting messages, talking about spit roasts etc when they all claim not to have had sex with her etc

Bragging? Kids do that a lot.

Then they've shit themselves once it became obvious that they were going to be charged! Surely they would have constructed a better lie if they had have done something. They are all over the show with those statements...

Too many ifs buts and maybes for me..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea