The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: gallsman on February 27, 2018, 12:49:09 PM
McIlroy frequently sleeps in beside Jackson because Jackson has a massive bed?

As likely a story as Jackson eat only dry humping her from behind  ::)

Somebody is lying - what they claim to have discussed the next day "hungover" is at odds with what their whatsapp conversation suggests. From Irish times:

QuoteThe detective asked Mr Olding if he and Mr Jackson discussed the incident the next day.

"We pretty much just talked about it, what happened," Mr Olding replied. "We were hungover, we were drunk when it happened."

He said Mr Jackson asked him: "Did you get a blowjob? My memory is a bit hazy." Mr Olding said he replied he did. Mr Jackson told him he did too.

They both specifically said they didn't have vaginal or anal sex with the woman, he said.

On whatsapp:
QuoteOlding allegedly wrote on WhatsApp "We are all top sh*****s" and "There was a bit of spit roasting going on last night fellas".

He later added: "It was like a merry-go-around at a carnival."

Paddy Jackson allegedly replied: "There was a lot of spit."

Their stories have inconsistencies, why refer to "shagging" and "spit roasting" if neither of them actually had vagina sex with her? And then go on to tell police that the next day in person they (Jackson and Olding) told each other they didn't have vaginal sex with her?

On an aside thankfully they have got rid of that sicknote juror, hopefully less dispruption from now on...

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dire Ear

a jury of eight men and three women.. Is it pure chance the gender balance in jury duty?  Would 50-50 not be better in cases like this?  Yes, I know it's down to 11 now.....

gallsman

QuoteThen Paddy was still fooling around with her and was going to have sex with her again

Again? Sure Jackson only dry humped her...

Syferus

Quote from: Dire Ear on February 27, 2018, 05:55:44 PM
a jury of eight men and three women.. Is it pure chance the gender balance in jury duty?  Would 50-50 not be better in cases like this?  Yes, I know it's down to 11 now.....

The juror will be replaced.

red hander

Quote from: Syferus on February 27, 2018, 06:03:29 PM

Is there someone on standby who has been in court every day?

Syferus

Quote from: red hander on February 27, 2018, 06:45:32 PM

Is there someone on standby who has been in court every day?

The 12 jurors are chosen randomly from a pool of 15 so one of the three replacements will be used.

brokencrossbar1

No they won't.

The jury is chosen before the case. There is a list of jurors and the prosecution and defence have the opportunity to challenge etc. You can't pick and chose procedure. There has to be uniformity.

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 27, 2018, 06:59:18 PM

No they won't.

The jury is chosen before the case. There is a list of jurors and the prosecution and defence have the opportunity to challenge etc. You can't pick and chose procedure. There has to be uniformity.

QuoteThe judge then decides whether this jury member should stand down or proceed. If the court requires the juror to stand down, one of the remaining three jurors will fill the space.

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/legal-system/jury-selection-process/#

I'm going off this. May only apply if they are dismissed before the case?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on February 27, 2018, 07:19:52 PM

No they won't.

QuoteThe judge then decides whether this jury member should stand down or proceed. If the court requires the juror to stand down, one of the remaining three jurors will fill the space.

Legal qualifications seem to be the internet! Hmmm
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

A juror can never be replaced. I could be wrong but I think the minimum amount of jurors that have to be left is 9. I know I was once involved where 2 were removed.

seafoid

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/harrison-accused-of-providing-sanitised-version-of-events-in-police-interview-rape-trial-hears-36651274.html

At the start of the interviews, an officer told Harrison "police are not happy with some aspects of the statement you made" earlier in the year.

Amongst aspects he was questioned about was the the comment he made to Harrison about a woman crying rape. When asked why, out of all the charges, he speculated his friends would be accused of rape, he said "I don't even recall saying that to him."

When pressed, Harrison said he "guessed" as it involved "high profile sports stars" and he had seen similar cases on the news.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

No. That won't happen

Sometimes it's better to say nothing and let people think you are a fool than say something and remove any doubt. Gobshite
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Orior

Quote from: Syferus on February 27, 2018, 07:19:52 PM

No they won't.

Is this proof that you know feck all squared?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians