ARLES KILCRUISE and ARLES KILEEN

Started by Unlaoised, October 05, 2016, 12:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Quote from: recyclebin on August 15, 2018, 09:37:11 PM
It's amazing the fascination people from outside the area have with us. We play together underage. Between the two clubs, we have been in county final 7 of the last 15. We were in none when we played together!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laois_Senior_Football_Championship
I love your emphasis on WE. "we have been in 7 county finals" I do wonder why the Kileen side of the set up resented the Arles Kilcruise championship win in 2003 so much though. It sticks in their craw so much its still causing them sleepless nights. Has all been forgiven and sense will prevail again, hope so

The PRO

It's amazing the fascination people from outside the area have with us. We play together underage. Between the two clubs, we have been in county final 7 of the last 15. We were in none when we played together!

A morbid fascination more like. All those brilliant players and one senior title to show for it. And nothing for Beano, Donie B and the Killeen crew.

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on August 16, 2018, 07:23:40 AM

I love your emphasis on WE. "we have been in 7 county finals" I do wonder why the Kileen side of the set up resented the Arles Kilcruise championship win in 2003 so much though. It sticks in their craw so much its still causing them sleepless nights. Has all been forgiven and sense will prevail again, hope so
You think they were going to be happy? After all that happened? Pass the bong there, you're obviously high.

Don Draper

Quote from: The PRO on August 16, 2018, 08:34:41 AM

A morbid fascination more like. All those brilliant players and one senior title to show for it. And nothing for Beano, Donie B and the Killeen crew.
Again, to think that if they had stayed together they'd have eventually gone on to dominate Laois football is very naive. Resentment and bitterness drove them on, and anyone familiar with the GAA will know this was the drive behind many a successful team over the years. Both sides were forced to maximise their resources, could you imagine if the likes of Portlaoise had another few clubs in there to do likewise where we'd be?

Laoiseabu

Next time we see them together as one Arles club they may have Barrowhouse with them too who play underage with them. Barrowhouse are surely struggling for numbers two judging by the size of the catchment area

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on August 16, 2018, 09:35:27 AM

You think they were going to be happy? After all that happened? Pass the bong there, you're obviously high.
Im on such a high Don the bong is empty. "If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by." Sun Tzu

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on August 16, 2018, 12:48:48 PM

Im on such a high Don the bong is empty. "If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by." Sun Tzu
And an embittered crone you will become in that time.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on August 16, 2018, 01:59:02 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on August 16, 2018, 12:48:48 PM

And an embittered crone you will become in that time.
The waiting has been long and painful Don but the day has finally come upon us and has passed and I have not capitulated to becoming a crone. Although I think i may have become a wise crone

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Don Draper on August 16, 2018, 09:36:50 AM
Quote from: The PRO on August 16, 2018, 08:34:41 AM

Again, to think that if they had stayed together they'd have eventually gone on to dominate Laois football is very naive. Resentment and bitterness drove them on, and anyone familiar with the GAA will know this was the drive behind many a successful team over the years. Both sides were forced to maximise their resources, could you imagine if the likes of Portlaoise had another few clubs in there to do likewise where we'd be?

Relegation Final ???

Pablo Escobar

Any truth to the rumours that amalgamations could be on the cards for all if not part of Arles's along with a club they are with at juvenile level??Su

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on September 13, 2018, 12:24:21 AM
Any truth to the rumours that amalgamations could be on the cards for all if not part of Arles's along with a club they are with at juvenile level??Su
I hear amalgamations between clubs as Gaels teams  for championship is up for review and may be a thing of the past.

Arles and Kileen joining back as one club at senior level would be the more sensible avenue for either club as they are heading fast to either not having a team on their own. Barrowhouse would be the obvious choice for a Gaels team if it continues as a project in laois.

Rumour has it that Barrowhouse were very cheesed off last year when Kileen approached them to join as a Gaels team as they were a second choice after Kileens first proposal to another team was quickly rebuked...

I also hear the a couple ( two to be exact) of Kileen players are giving demands  to ensure something is done to guarantee their chances of winning a senior championship.  :-\ 8) 8) 8) 8)....Any truth in those rumours...

High Fielder

In my opinion, Gaels are still a good idea as long they are neighbouring and/or a relationship exists already. The cobbling together of clubs which stretch across the county should not be permitted. I'd keep it as simple as that. If clubs do want to join up and no relationship exists and they are not neighbouring, then a long standing minimum requirement should be placed on them. This should weed out the overnight amalgamations.

Arles, Killeen and Barrowhouse should form a Gaels team. They've seen fit to do it at underage, so it's both logical and probably necessary to follow suit into Senior. Personally I'd love to see them go the whole hog and throw their lot in as one big club, because that is the only way to be competitive with Portlaoise. But failing that, a senior amalgamation with their own Junior teams could suffice. Chris Conway spoke recently about clubs upping their game to compete with Portlaoise. I think he's codding himself, but I accept what he was trying tp say. Portlaoise have numbers like Dublin have numbers, and the only way to be consistently competitive is to get numbers of your own. Sure you'll get the odd good harvest, and we've seen in Laois that that is possible. But sustaining it is an altogether different matter

Laoiseabu

Killeen , Kilcruise , Barrowhouse is an amalgamation that needs to happen. It's the only realistic chance at this stage for players from those clubs to win a senior championship been honest about it. Good luck telling the likes of John Conway that 😂😂

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 13, 2018, 07:53:19 PM
Killeen , Kilcruise , Barrowhouse is an amalgamation that needs to happen. It's the only realistic chance at this stage for players from those clubs to win a senior championship been honest about it. Good luck telling the likes of John Conway that 😂😂
Kilcruise have won a county

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on September 13, 2018, 09:20:04 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 13, 2018, 07:53:19 PM
Kilcruise have won a county
They have and fair f***ks to them. They went through the mill and came out on top. Only team from the parish to lift the Delaney cup.