Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maor Uisce

Div 1 championship will again be extremely competitive even if the quality imo has subsided over the last year or two. Errigal, Trillick, Omagh and Coalisland are all in with a great chance Clonoe will take time to rebuild, Dromore are a total enigma regarding champo this last few years a change in management combined with U21 success may be the catalyst they require, Kyc are very systematic and hard to beat, a heavy inter county season won't help their chances. League will again be top half comfortable and bottom half fighting for survival.

Div 2 is an absolute mind field. Would love to know stats on average points difference between top 4 and bottom 4 over the last 10 years. One team rarely totally dominates this division and teams coming down have to be really tuned in or they can be easily caught out. Pomeroy and Galbally both have the potential to do very well but whether or not they can achieve that potential is another question.Aghyarn have a great tradition and will win nearly all home games. Loughmacrory have a good young squad who will have another years experience. Stewarstown have a potentially good squad of the back of a few u21 teams. Augher and Gortin both are well organised and competitive teams, probably both struggling with low numbers. Owen Roes will be looking to push on after a very solid first season. All three Div three teams will take great motivation from last years promoted teams. Urney will have a few younger lads around this summer, if Johnny Lafferty is available they will be a handful. Strabane have a very young squad with a decent sprinkling of talent. Would not like to be making predictions for this division.

Div 3 if Kildress get themselves sorted under new management they should manage to get promoted. Although an extremely competitive top half with eskra,rock, derrytresk and aghaloo all in with a great chance.

Targetman

Can any of you good Tyrone folk confirm Poacher and Mulholland are managing the Moy

Norf Tyrone

Is the Club Championship draw tonight?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

youhavenofans

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: youhavenofans on February 07, 2019, 04:53:28 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 07, 2019, 04:49:54 PM
Is the Club Championship draw tonight?

it is on the 28th

There was an email sent to all Clubs on Monday that indicated the draw was tonight but it's obviously wrong.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Christmas Lights

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 31, 2019, 02:50:22 PM
Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on January 31, 2019, 02:02:04 PM
My preseason predictions for what they're worth;
Div 1; Usual suspects from past 2 or 3 years. Ardboe to push on into a solid top 4/5 team
Edendork, Tattyreagh, Carrickmore and Derrylaughan to be in relegation trouble. Clarkes and Eglish will have full squads and no county men all year which might give them a better chance. Can see Tatts in serious trouble from early on. Can't see them repeating their recent heroics for another year and an injury or two to key players would have them struggle.

Div 2; Pomeroy for championship, too many county men missing starred games which will cost them league. you can't afford to lose more than a game or two to win this league. League between Galbally and loughmacrory.
Beragh and Newtownstewart to go straight back done.

Div 3: Aghaloo to bounce straight back up. Drumagh to push on this year and give it a rattle.

Harsh on the loughshore men - thought they were very good last year and in with a shout of playoffs until the very end.

This year will be tougher for them.  2nd season syndrome.  Save this post.

Tatts to struggle.  Pomeroy & Galbally were 2 very decent sides and couldn't survive in division 1 last year, it really is a brutal league.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 31, 2019, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on January 31, 2019, 11:24:38 AM
Any word on fixtures?
League to start 31st March so roughly 8 weeks so id imagine they'd be out soon enough.
Any early prediction on any teams who will make big push this season?

A few early points on team and things im hearing on players who could be missing. Ill try go through other teams when i hear some stores on there pre season or if anyone has input for us, all views welcome for discussion:

Errigal should be stronger with Canavan but then Cathal McCrory and Big Bru in Oz for the year and Decky Quinn injured for a lengthy period could they actually be weaker?

Killyclogher minus Sparky for most of the season will surely weaken them despite the fact Matty Murnaghan has well and truly arrived on the scene

Monroe gone from Carmen in an already aging team, could the mighty carmen actually get relegated or have they a bunch on successful minors too come through?

Heard McCarron is back for Dromore, in his last game for them he was their best player by a mile, also they seem to have a hugely talented U21 team competing in Ulster, this years dark horses maybe??

Certainly Munroe will be a massive miss for us this year. This current U21 team won the double at minor level so perhaps a run in this years competition will give some of them the belief that they can step up to the plate at senior level.. a few of them have shown glimpes last year of how they can cause trouble for any team in the league i.e Murray, Mckee and Cormac Munroe. This younger generation have to step up and accounted for at some stage! Hopefully Ryan Daly gives them a chance and they can let the shackles off.. Wouldn't just be jumping to conclusions about a relegation/relegation battle just yet!!

If any player we didn't want to lose it was Johnny.  If we can get ourselves into the top half of the league it will be a great achievement but i cant see us be drawn into a relegation battle.  Its time to throw the young lads in and let them start leading from the front and show why they were so successful at underage.  Come championship time i wouldnt be surprised if about half our team was u21.

Tyrone95

I'm of the same thinking and I think thats what it will come down to in the end up.. Haven't heard of any retirements this year as of yet with all the old guard returning for another year at least; gormley, penrose, sparky, B Daly.  Haven't heard the story on the likes of paul mcaleer or niall loughran as they suffered badly with injuries this last few years

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone95 on February 08, 2019, 02:24:54 PM
I'm of the same thinking and I think thats what it will come down to in the end up.. Haven't heard of any retirements this year as of yet with all the old guard returning for another year at least; gormley, penrose, sparky, B Daly.  Haven't heard the story on the likes of paul mcaleer or niall loughran as they suffered badly with injuries this last few years

Niall Loughran has retired.  Also heard Benny McLaughlin has retired but not sure if that is true.  Sparky hasnt been out training yet and i would be surprised if he does come out.  His heart has never really been in it since Tyrone let him go.

Tyrone95

Quote from: The Golden Years on February 08, 2019, 04:25:06 PM

Niall Loughran has retired.  Also heard Benny McLaughlin has retired but not sure if that is true.  Sparky hasnt been out training yet and i would be surprised if he does come out.  His heart has never really been in it since Tyrone let him go.
I know Benny is getting married this summer but I hope he can be off some assistance this season as he's another of our main players! The same with Sparky!

Any idea when league fixtures are released?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone95 on February 08, 2019, 04:46:40 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on February 08, 2019, 04:25:06 PM

I know Benny is getting married this summer but I hope he can be off some assistance this season as he's another of our main players! The same with Sparky!

Any idea when league fixtures are released?

Fixtures are to be released after the championship draw which is the end of the month.  At least that's my information
Living the dream!!!

omagh_gael

Hard to tell really, the competition is fierce this year. A lot will come down to good fortune on the injury front for smaller squads such as the Lough and Gortin. Pomeroy and Galbally would have to be huge favourites.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 21, 2019, 04:37:54 PM
Hard to tell really, the competition is fierce this year. A lot will come down to good fortune on the injury front for smaller squads such as the Lough and Gortin. Pomeroy and Galbally would have to be huge favourites.

Any danger of Cookstown getting the act together ?

Club boi

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 21, 2019, 05:08:38 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 21, 2019, 04:37:54 PM

Any danger of Cookstown getting the act together ?

More chance of them going to Junior

Maor Uisce

Gortin would have more issues with numbers than loughmacrory. Lough have a good young squad, could definitely push on. Lough must have one of the biggest underage membership in the county atm. Always big numbers at multi sport and summer camps.